Something is not right? You have a suggestion to make? Let us know right here, right now!
no avatar

Pokémaster!

Google Play (Android)

Age requirements changed?Or a bug

Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:08 pm
So i opened my game on pc(after updating)but i had no problems whatsoever and i have been seeing people telling you need to be less than 12 years in order to play the game?So is this a bug or simply game rules changed i hope so it is not changed if it is surely dml will lose its popularity and the money they make from purchases worldwide.Please make sure that it is a bug not a permanent change!
Windows apa:level 160,601 unique dragons
TEAM: Freyja,Hathor,Chrono aphrodite,Chrono isis,Chrono nezha,Odin,Chang'e,Hou yi,Zeus,Osiris(due to dungeon)all level 100 8*;now raising chrono seth:level 90 8*

iOS apa:level 157,574 unique dragons
TEAM:Freyja,Odin,Ra,Poseidon,Loki,Cancer
Bone,Autumn,Yin-yang level 100 8*;now raising sandshade level 88 7*

Android apa:level 101,297 unique dragons 
TEAM:present level 61 5*,Chrono erlang shen level 59 5*,Agave level 56 4*

Adam From Gameloft

Community Manager

Google Play (Android)

Re: Age requirements changed?Or a bug

Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:20 pm
Hi, thanks for your question. You do not need to be under 12 years of age to play DML, but certain regions will block you if you are underage. If you have mistakenly entered your age (or intentionally entered in the wrong one) then you can contact Customer Care to get the issue resolved.
no avatar

MagicianWithoutMagic

Google Play (Android)

Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:58 pm
I contacted Customer Care and they said I have to send them a copy of my passport to verify my age? And a pretty harmless game about dragons is now only for people older than 16 (in Europe)? And on top of that the devs removed the code you need to identify your account from the loading screen so that you can't even access that?

I think this whole age thing is getting ridiculous!
no avatar

leahmp

Apple (iOS)

Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:25 pm
I just registered and am new to forums for this very issue. I tried contacting customer care but there is no topic that matches and I’m afraid it got lost under questions. How do I report this as I’m way over 16 but now looking back, may have originally selected under 12 when I signed up to play jointly with my son? I’ve had no issues for over a year but now am locked out of any social features or clan interactions and my profile name changed as well. Issues began after I updated on Sep 10. Thanks

Adam From Gameloft

Community Manager

Google Play (Android)

Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:19 pm
If you have incorrectly entered your age at the age gate, then you can contact Customer Care and they will help you to reaccess the age gate. As far as I know, they are not asking to send through proof of age for this - but I will follow up with this on Monday to confirm.

If you please send me your CC ticket IDs, I can look into your specific situations and ask about the progress.
no avatar

MagicianWithoutMagic

Google Play (Android)

Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:12 pm
My mom send Customer Care a strongly worded email because of the whole proof of age thing and because parents can give their children permission to play a game they are slightly too young for. Customer Care said they would make an exception for us and sent us the screen for inputting your age again and it said right there that if you're not old enough your parent or legal guardian has to read all the terms and conditions and agree to them but of course you would still enter your real age. And then you get "banned" anyway? Also, in the Privacy Policy there are a few things "underage" users can't do but that doesn't include not being able to enter the game at all!
Attachments
mail01.PNG
marked passages say: "age restriction applies (over 16 years)" and "send copy of passport to proof your age"
mail01.PNG (23.74 KiB) Viewed 872 times
mail02.PNG
marked passage says: "We decided to make an exception" and there is pretty much nothing else
mail02.PNG (12.44 KiB) Viewed 870 times
age-gate.png
marked passage says: "If you have not reached this age your parent or legal guardian has to read and agree to the following terms and conditions:" (referring to Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and License Agreement)
age-gate.png (1.4 MiB) Viewed 870 times
PrivacyPolicy.PNG
PrivacyPolicy.PNG (137.31 KiB) Viewed 871 times

cryscryb

Apple (iOS)

Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:23 pm
In the past there has been a huge problem with minors in global and clan chats doing and saying things that put themselves at significant risk and perhaps as a result Gameloft has taken a tougher stance on (enforcing) their age restrictions in order to better address child safety (the rules have been in place for a while in my recollection). Where it may be an inconvenience to some, safeguarding kids seems to be the focus of importance over inconvenience (understandable) to prevent some of the horrors seen by players (quite a problem on Android servers and others apparently) in the past. I’m happy to enter my age correctly, to start my own game, or to send in ID if asked to continue to play if it means that nonsense won’t repeat itself.
- How do I feel when there is no coffee? Depresso
no avatar

Joy Calypso

Apple (iOS)

Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:26 pm
It's an impudence to bring out an update without informing about harder age restrictions.
Although I understand there are certain requirements that need to be adhered.
 BUT: it should have been announced!
So please GL, make this age gate available for everyone. 
This would save many players (and CC alike) a lot of trouble and time!
And people wouldn’t be forced to proof their age by sending a copy of the drivers license or the identity card.

Mladen90

Google Play (Android)

Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:09 pm
Adam From Gameloft wrote:
If you have incorrectly entered your age at the age gate, then you can contact Customer Care and they will help you to reaccess the age gate. As far as I know, they are not asking to send through proof of age for this - but I will follow up with this on Monday to confirm.

If you please send me your CC ticket IDs, I can look into your specific situations and ask about the progress.

This doesn't make sense.
The game is rated E so for everyone....how can you make a requirement of 16+ out of nowhere? https://www.esrb.org/ratings-guide/

cryscryb

Apple (iOS)

Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:09 pm
Mladen90 wrote:
Adam From Gameloft wrote:

This doesn't make sense.
The game is rated E so for everyone....how can you make a requirement of 16+ out of nowhere? https://www.esrb.org/ratings-guide/

As far as I know the 16+ for chatting (not playing) has been around since GC was first implemented and later removed. It popped up on the nag screen every few times GC was entered. The game is (or at least has in the past always been) playable for everyone, except that chatting was just off limits per the 16+ rule from well over a year ago. We had a niece of a clan member enter our clan and she was able to play but not see chat or talk because we later found out she was 15. As an adult clan she didn’t work out there anyway. We are quite chatty and need members to be mature, to understand work schedules, to vote and help others so she was removed. I’m quite surprised at the reports that users are not able to play at all when underage... unless they mean, not able to talk in chat—that makes sense and has been around for quite a while (and ther is a good reason for it).
- How do I feel when there is no coffee? Depresso