Something is not right? You have a suggestion to make? Let us know right here, right now!

snapdragon33

Veteran

Windows PC

USA, tennessee

Re: Why Did You Start Playing DML?

Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:46 pm
From FaceBook, i would say someone i knew was playing a different game and sent me an invite to that game, Dragon World, you know how advertising goes soon there was as these try me games, but i couldn't get any that i like to load on my Pc,  so i found DML for a PC, and then i was showing it to my Physical Therapist, and she said would be a good game for me as i could keep records on my breeding and keep my mind active, and keeping records helps me to keep my OCD under better control. timers help me to regulate my time throughout the day.  

i made a few friends through the forum which i was late joining, started game in Jan 2015 found forum in March, and started a second game then to be able to send gifts to myself, meet jake through pm in the forum, i asked for some help and he very thoughtfully responded with detailed instructions, which i put to good use, won a few feeding and collect gold events, thus i was won for all time to continue to be a Dragon Collector, and so so Warrior,  have meet several folks who have become great friends and reason to keep playing and Clan was a great way for us to keep in contact with each other, so Crazy Train Gang was formed, and still here and going strong, my friends through the game are the highlights of my day. Hearing about there up and downs,  helps me to deal with my disablities and being Homebound.  

So DML is more than a game to me, it is contact with other humans who have the same interests as me,  as my care providers mostly don't have a clue what a dragon is or how to breed one. My Therapist has started her autistic son on his own version as like me petting and feeding our dragons are the best thing there is. 

sorry to be so long winded,  but was a good post and needed to answered

Snapdragon33 / Pima33  over and out.
Snapdragon33
Proud Member of  The Crazy Train Gang
Windows 10 pc (Eur- Gold)
Gift and Play Daily
Referral Code:  9c460
Hope Springs Eternal
Treat others as you wish to be treated. 

Mladen90

Google Play (Android)

Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:13 pm
I have an app that is giving bits of money while playing other games....one of the games was dml that i liked and continued to play.

Michelle123

Windows PC

USA

Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:09 pm
@Adam,

I started playing because it was dragons and on my windows computer -- something to do with my 8-yo grandson. But I got hooked myself. It was a free game, so I got to try it out for a while. As I progressed and worked on my team, I was playing daily and loving it. I had an awesome mentor to set me on a path to success!! (the mentor program is gone). I enjoyed the challenge of building my team although I didn't really know what I was doing ;).

Perhaps an important question is will you be playing DML a year from now??

Apology if this off-topic, but I didn't see a thread on how much are you enjoying the game/divine event. The game has become stressful at times, for example, adding the 7th level to this divine event. 120 fights per day for 4 resets for days, etc. to complete the added level is over the top - even for an additional older divine. Still, all chests must be opened to get 25 dragon pieces (previously 7 days) over 9 days is too long. Many people have been complaining of this, newcomers have little chance and really removes fun so it becomes dreadful work at this level. Castle events always require much effort but need to be left at 7 days/6 levels only. I hope this gets communicated to devs.

You're the best!!! Retaining is more important than starting.
Thanks
Many things will catch your eye, only a few will catch your heart - pursue those.
Accepting friend requests
~Win/Eur: Code 399220~

Impdaddyzer0

Windows PC

USA

Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:05 am
Free Xbox achievements. Literally the only reason I started this game, although I liked it enough to keep playing after I had all of the achievements, which I usually don't do. I stuck around because I always thought this game had considerable potential, and was excited to see this game grow and get better. Four years in, I'm still hanging around, waiting to see if Gameloft ever figures out how to reach that potential. So far, it has been an endless procession of "one step forward, three steps sideways, two steps back. Move the goal posts. Rinse. Repeat."  I'm still managing to keep my hope alive, but holding my breath doesn't seem prudent. This game often makes me feel like I'm watching an ongoing trainwreck happen in slow motion.

As for spending money on this (or any) game: There are thousands of much better games that are much more worthy of your hard earned cash, but no game is worth twenty bucks per month; not AAA titles, not GaaS games, and especially not this game. Anybody that thinks spending that much money on a game is even remotely reasonable, hit me up. I have some amazing ocean front property in Nebraska for you. I'll even sell you the Golden Gate Bridge and Greenland, too! We can arbitrarily call them "Rare" and "Limited" and "Legendary" if it helps sweeten the deal! Priced to sell at well below market value! Not available in any marketplace! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime (don't worry, I have a Golden Gate Bridge/Greenland for each of you) opportunity!!!
\m/ IMP \m/ "With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" \m/ IMP \m/

Entrapta

Google Play (Android)

Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:45 am
I started playing DML because I stopped playing Animal Jam, I personally strongly dislike it, anyways I wanted to find a replacement game. I started searching on the play store for high reviewed/liked online animal game that is the total opposite of Animal Jam. I came upon Dragon Mania legends, I tried it out, and loved it!
Clan: For the honor of DML
Clan Website: 
https://forthehonorofdmlclanwebsite.weebly.com/  plz check it out!
Not related to DML but check out this website as well https://blacklocustmusic.weebly.com/
Leader: Entrapta, or Digital Dragon (me)
Co-Leaders: Wooly Dragon, Slypie,  Robob, and Immadoggylovertoo
I love divine events and the dragon's delight!!!!
Clan: no minimum, fun and friendly!

Please JOIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

Arnavdml

Google Play (Android)

Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:21 am
I liked the dragon designs, fights and castle events so i started game and kept 300 dragon collection mark
But now i left coz game is controlling me, I should play game it should not play me coz i have life and things to do, To stop addiction to it i stopped playing 
NOW I Realise when i wish to play a game i have to but it should not set timings for me
I am trying gacha games now
Anyway spent lot of time in this game wish it may have some good changes on players time point of view

dragonivy

Google Play (Android)

Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:05 pm
I started playing DML because someone invited me to it. But i liked it from the very start. To play a game where you can collect very cute creatures and fight with them reminded me of pokemon.( Which i loved to play back then when it came out) But even better because the game is all about dragons my favorite mythological creatures.
I Although love the idea that dragons dont eat animals but fruit. Since I myself am a fruit lover. The creativity and diversity of the game convinced me to play further. So that when windows phones were discontinued i started all over again on android. :)
Leader Ubschdibubschba level 14 |
Playerlevel 105 | Android EU since June 18|
rc: 38c111d | 361 unique dragons |
Battle Dragons: Garden 42***/ Pithaya 42***/ Stardust 42***/ Kongming 42**/ Meteorite 42***/ Murano 42***

Никита Левант

Apple (iOS)

Minsk, Belarus

Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:06 pm
-I learned English mostly in video games, sorry-
When i was a teen all of my friends played Dragonmania on their android mobile phones. I had an old cell mobile and I was envious, prayed them to give me their mobiles with Dragonmania for a while. Because I like dragons. Dragons is my passion from the childhood. Finaly, when i bought a new mobile i saw that Dragonmania is no more in the store. It was sad. But after a while i saw the DML in the store, wich was a new version of Dragonmania. I remember the first dragon of the week and the first dragon of the moth. And how i tried to get Yin Yang Dragon with my **** skills in two events (btw, why Yin Yang since then never appeared again?). it was very fun. But now the interest to the game is almost gone.

Laurann333

Windows PC

Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:16 pm
I was looking for pokemon-esque games, aka collecting, leveling up and battling creatures, and I also just really like dragons, so this game fit pretty well. And I played tycoon type games before, so I guess that's part of it too.

I've been playing since January 2015, so it's hard to remember, but I think I partially also stayed because some of the baby dragons were just so darn cute, (looking at you baby bee and dust dragons) and a lot of them really looked like elemental dragons (like boiled, smoke etc). I was not a fan of the more out-there dragons, like the fruits, and prefer the more realistic element-based ones. In the beginning it wasn't about collecting all dragons I could. I just wanted the ones I liked. I even refused to breed some dragons of the month that I thought were ugly (pixel, skeleton). Regretted that a lot when I did start to want as many unique dragons as possible haha.
518 Unique Dragons
Recruitment code 5579
Windows Europe
Team 100*8: Taiyi Zhenren, Love, Ice Cream, Archangel
95*8: Nezha, Firestorm
no avatar

Trexiller

Windows PC

Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:29 am
I was scrolling through the Windows store and found DML and thought that the logo was famliar so I downloaded it and I found it addicting. Then, I realized that the reason that I found it familiar was because I had played the orignal Dragon Mania when it was still out.