Something is not right? You have a suggestion to make? Let us know right here, right now!

Adam From Gameloft

Community Manager

Google Play (Android)

Why Did You Start Playing DML?

Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:03 pm
Hi guys!

I thought it might be nice to have a little discussion about how everyone came to start playing DML? I know many of you have been dedicated players for a long time, while some have just started a few months ago, so it might be a fun way for me to get to know you all. What was it that got you interested in DML for the first time? Did a friend recommend it? Were you interested in a game about dragons, and if so why DML?

I'll start: I first found DML when it was just Dragon Mania, and was playing similar games at the time. Not ones to do with dragons necessarily, just these sorts of tycoon, town-building style games. I saw that it had some RPG-like combat element too, and I liked the idea of collecting all these creatures, so I gave it a shot. I didn't play it much back then, but then a couple of years later I saw an advert for DML - the 'Legends', one - and thought it looked familiar. I downloaded it to give it a go, and was much more interested the second time around!

Fall25

Google Play (Android)

Re: Why Did You Start Playing DML?

Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:36 pm
I don't remember for sure, but I know that my classmate told me about this game. Then I wasn't really good player and reinstalled the game many times. Now I play from the start about 440 days and I'm not gonna stop playing DML!

BlackEmbers

Dragon Overlord

Windows PC

Australia

Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:41 pm
Nice idea, Adam. I think it's one thing that actually hasn't cropped up over the life of the forum.

Hmmm.... It's a while ago now. I guess I was scrolling through the windows shop looking for something to kill time with and came across DML. I love dragons. I loved the graphics in the screen shots. 4 and a bit years on and I'm still playing.
No dragon shall be homeless by 2020!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
Playing DML since April 2015 is probably not a very good sign, then.  :) 

Platform: Win   Server: EUR   06b4c
Catering officer aboard the Crazy Train.

LadyDraco

Windows PC

Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:15 pm
For me  it was in my laptop . 
I have  only ever  played  the  card games  that are in the 'puters.
And  many years  ago  played  Duck hunt and  Legend of Zelda, with my son ..That was  it for  my game playing.
And never  played  on line  stuff.
I saw  ya  can play free , so I started playing. I like dragons..
I ride  a Valkyrie motorcycle, that just happens  to be  called  a Dragon..
So I just had  to play ...

I  have  only been playing for a few  months.. So I'm still learning .. But having a blast .
Collecting Dragons  breeding,battling them .. 

I run a farm/ranch and  breed real livestock ~ Horses and  Longhorn cattle ..
So   this is a way for me to  getaway from the real world..

I'm almost 60 yrs. I don't  have a FB  acct.. or a cell phone.. 

PS  ... This should  be a sticky...
It's  fun to read  about everyone...
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 
Always  looking for  active  adult players.
my code: aaa82c 
I always  gift ,at least every day .

soukupmi

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows Phone

Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:24 pm
Almost for the same reasons as BE.
New Windows Phone with a touch screen combined with the Holidays leading to a FreeToPlay game suggestion in the Store.
Liked the graphics, love collecting, the quests had an actual story behind it,...
And then with the introduction of clans we found new friends (or at least kind of).
And then came the events.
And one day I found this lovely place here (bout a year too late) and dug through all the Crazy Train posts and real game tips.
And shortly after that I discovered the wiki.

But what got me hooked was the breeding / collecting combo with the occasional events thrown into the mix. Emphasis on Occasionally, mind you.
I missed about 2-3 days in total in all the years I think 😊
A dragon, a dragon,
I swear I saw a dragon....
Windows Lumia 650, Windows 10 mobile
Recruitment code: 1e1ec
Playing on Windows [EUR] since 16.1.2015
Top 50 Clan: Angel power (29/50)
- active players welcome
Join us at the Wiki - http://dragon-mania-legends-wiki.mobga.me/Main_Page
no avatar

TripletsMum

Apple (iOS)

Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:01 pm
After watching a multitude of DML ads while playing another game (which I no longer play) I finally relented and downloaded it to my iPad.

wojtek869

Windows PC

Polska

Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:36 pm
My daughter has this game installed (she rarely plays it). Once I saw how she plays it and also installed it. I started playing and ... :)
I love this game and I hate it at the same time ...
Recruitment Code: f44046 Windows [EUR]
Start playing: 06-11-2017
The number of unique dragons: 571 + 7 eggs
Best dragons: Hathor, Poseidon; Archangel, Root, Guan Di, Snow Queen
All best dragons have level 100/8*

Eugene Anufriyev

Google Play (Android)

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:18 pm
At the time I was playing "Ice Age Adventures". Liked the idea of collecting different animals. And after watching dozens of video ads about DML, decided to give it a shot. Started on a Windows Phone and got my progress transferred to an Android phone this April. I have been playing the game for over 500 days so far :)
Platform: Android (EUR)
Code: 2f6cf5c

CritterFeeder

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows PC

Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:06 pm
New laptop, browsing through the Windows Store, fell in love with the graphics :) Found the forum about 4 months later along with the CTG thread and never looked back. Over 3 years later, while not happy with too many events or the new Dungeon, my addiction to the game continues :)
Device/Platform: Surface Pro running Windows 10
Server: EUR (EUR GOLD)
Game connection: XBox, FB​

Recruitment code game 1: 1c8c00
​Recruitment code game 2:
ac808d
A Dragon for Every Occasion 

EdenH

Google Play (Android)

Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:52 pm
After getting a new phone, i installed a few games so i could play them when i had free time. While watching adds on one of them, i found dml and said let's give it a try. At first I was pretty clueless(I still am :P) but now I've been playing for over 400 days now!
Proud co-leader of Deadly Dragons!
Android eur player, 350 dragons
Main team: Archangel 70 6☆ Anubis100 8☆