Something is not right? You have a suggestion to make? Let us know right here, right now!

Carol M

Veteran

Windows PC

Dublin, Ireland

BlackEmbers wrote:
Originally I love the new dungeon, but I must admit that unfun-ness is starting to creep in. My biggest issue is the 'defeat with weak attacks' challenge. When you can't change your attacking dragons until they are dead we get back to the chances of having the right dragons to be able to perform a weak attack on the enemy being back down to luck.

And as usual the rewards are not in balance with the effort required to achieve them. 'Defeat with weak attack' is significantly more difficult than 'Defeat with normal attack' not only because of it being a more difficult task, but it's much more unlikely that you'll have the specific elements at hand at the correct time.

What gets me is that Damage over Time doesn't count as 'weak' so Shadow and Plant kills will only count if it takes out the dragon completely but not if the opposition dies of the DOT.  Dragon gods forbid I use Vengance or even....*horror* .... Fury!  and this weeks first defence are Plant based dragons.

But, and I've found this to be a plus, if I fall asleep in the middle of a battle (which is unfortunately happening quite a bit lately - blasted insomnia) - you can pick up the battle where you left it 20 minutes later and aren't "dumped out".
Zeus, Plushie, Sumo, Vortex, Pixel, Briar, Lantern, Autumn, Firestorm, Warlord, Archangel, Pixie, Reindeer, Crystal, Guardian.  558 unique dragons.
Started 11th January 2015

And they said I wouldn't last - snerk

Proud Leader of the Crazy Train Gang
Also known as 'Your Majesty' p)

johnna1975

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

That and more.
I actually managed t oget to an endless fight this week which was meaningless because the opponent was too strong to defeat and healed itself repeatedly. I just had to restart brawl although I didnt really lose. It felt wrong that my strategy was not being acknowledged. If only getting a dragon fury would be a task, I could grind on such a quest, but as I said, getting some tasks when the opponent is too strong to die, is unfortunately meaningless.
YoniHaimovich/ b0248f/ 5. 11.2015/ 571 unique dragons/  Zeus, Plushie, Gentelman, Polar Bear all 90 4*/ ID: d2460h
Yoni Sleepovich/ 60b8a2/ 30.5.2016/ 568 unique dragons/ Torch, Hades, Posh, Springtime all 90 4*/ Id: 82d0c4
Crumbley 80 7*
Level 160 Proud Leader of DMD and DMD2
Both Android Eur
no avatar

Mikeqw

Google Play (Android)

The Dungedon has potential, if only it would not do these moronic tasks. Reasonable tasks would be for example: Make 10 KOs in 2 minutes or make 10 KOs with 15 strikes and the opponents should generally be 1 level stronger than you. Slapping weaker opponents or prolonging battles with healing is boring. At the moment, I only play the Dungedon for 5 to 10 minutes to score some points and open a few chests. As soon as the fight gets tedious I stop. I guess in a few months I'll have enough points to clear the island and then stop the Dungedon.
Odin, Firestorm, Machine, Shaman, Aloha, Bubble all 100-8*
Since June 2017

Kairy

Google Play (Android)

So, this week I made less progress than the past couple weeks (as I had expected) since the number of steps needed to traverse the dungeon was raised (for example:  Last week, the final couple steps leading to the pink chest cost 100 steps.  This week, they're about 300...I say "about", because I'm still a couple steps away and don't know if they're going to increase in those couple steps).
Again, I don't understand why the devs took something which was working last week and decided to break it this week.

I've also experienced the "endless fight" between the opponent using Stone Shield (and Stone Cold making it impossible sometimes to complete the tasks) and healing themselves and each other endlessly.  Putting DoTs on them is useless because they'll just heal them off.  When they're not doing that, they're nerfing my dragons with Storm's Brewing.
So, I can't hurt them (outside of Dragon Fury), but they're healing each other, shielding each other, nerfing me, and applying vengeful sword.

Oh, and let's not forget that there are still quite a few Plant and Shadow dragons in there and that they put Infection on my dragons.  So, I also don't get turns.

Also, there might be an error with one of the tasks.  I recently got one which was a:  "defeat 2 dragons 5 times"...but it was for the minimal amount of steps (35).  For an "easy" task, it should have either given me more steps for that "5 times" or should have been lower than "5 times".
Recruitment Code (Android EUR):  9ace0cb
no avatar

Tetin

Google Play (Android)

What do you recommend for water mastery?

soukupmi

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows Phone

Kairy wrote:
So, this week I made less progress than the past couple weeks (as I had expected) since the number of steps needed to traverse the dungeon was raised 

it might seem like that but the cost is the same for every map:
5,000 to directly reach the final chest
13,500 to open all chests.
https://dragon-mania-legends-wiki.mobga.me/Bottomless_Dungeon#Dungeon_Maps
A dragon, a dragon,
I swear I saw a dragon....
Windows Lumia 650, Windows 10 mobile
Recruitment code: 1e1ec
Playing on Windows [EUR] since 16.1.2015
Top 50 Clan: Angel power (29/50)
- active players welcome
Join us at the Wiki - http://dragon-mania-legends-wiki.mobga.me/Main_Page

bansheeat

Veteran

Windows PC

Vienna

@Adam 
I still have no answer if Mass Blessing now working correctly in the Dungeon ?
Code 1a29d6 Platform Windows 10 Server eur-gold
​Proud Member of the Clan "Devilspawn" - new Members welcome
My Dragons are all Lvl.81 7 Stars
Hathor, Lantern, Planet, Guardian, Skeleton, Icecream, Hypnos,Stardust, Prairie, Wolf, Agave, Agent, Golden Crow, Princess

LadyDraco

Windows PC

I  have  been using it .. And  it last a few  rds.and  then my dragons  are  killed..
But I didn't  use  it before.. So I don't  know ..
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 
Always  looking for  active  adult players.
my code: aaa82c 
I always  gift ,at least every day .

no avatar

hupps

Google Play (Android)

bansheeat wrote:
@Adam 
I still have no answer if Mass Blessing now working correctly in the Dungeon ?

for me it is definitely not working.

Yesterday I was in a battle with a group of dragons who couldn't hurt my dragons really much, because they were still pretty week, since I wanted to do the "3 dragons at once"-task I used mass blessing on my dragons
and after that they were all three defeated at the next strike from the opponent dragon even they still had nearly max health (he was using fire, so nicely he even got all 3 with one punch!)
and this was somewhere in the middle of the dungeon, where my dragons are definitely not defeated so easily...

Kairy

Google Play (Android)

soukupmi wrote:
Kairy wrote:
So, this week I made less progress than the past couple weeks (as I had expected) since the number of steps needed to traverse the dungeon was raised 

it might seem like that but the cost is the same for every map:
5,000 to directly reach the final chest
13,500 to open all chests.
https://dragon-mania-legends-wiki.mobga.me/Bottomless_Dungeon#Dungeon_Maps

None of those maps contain what was featured a couple weeks ago (100 steps for the last steps leading up to the pink chest)...granted, two of the shown maps don't have step costs.

If it's the same number of steps, then it has to be in the ease at which people can perform the Tasks as the problem to why there are times when folks don't progress as far (last week, for example, I couldn't even open the final blue chest...let alone the pink one.  For the past few weeks, I'd been able to at least open every chest, sans pink, in the dungeon.  Last week, I couldn't)

Issues which impede the players' ability to complete Tasks:
  1. Obviously, Plant and Shadow based dragons are a problem since they load our dragons up with DoTs and let them die so we can't get a turn; this hurts our ability to perform tasks.
  2. Another issue is in the later waves of the dungeon Brawl where Legendary dragons start appearing; Legendary dragons don't have weaknesses, so the "perform/defeat" tasks involving weak attacks can't be done.
  3. Last week was an issue of true "endless" fights due to the opposing dragons constanly healing and shielding each other.  In those cases, tasks can't be completed which entail "defeat x dragons with a weak/normal attack"...and further into the dungeon, even the "defeat x dragons at once x amount of times" couldn't happen because they would just heal themselves up after Dragon Fury was used.
Those are the major problems I've encountered (and heard of in regards to the second one; I only encounter the occasional Legendary-element dragon; I'm sure veteran players encounter more of them).

Perhaps step cost needs to be reduced, too.  I certainly enjoyed myself more for maps where the final steps only cost 100.  Still wasn't able to open the pink chest, but at least I could get every chest along the way.

I know that if I wanted to, I could save up my steps to get to and open the pink one at the end while skipping every other chest (probably, since with the listed calculations it would cost 7k steps). 
However, as a f2p player, it makes much more sense to open up every chest in the dungeon (each containing a certain percent chance of getting the dragon; Red chests with the lowest chance, Blue with the highest) because there are many chests scattered in the dungeon...whereas the pink chest is a single roll of the dice (possibly a second, if one can manage 9k steps). 
I'm not good at math, but as a D&D/Pathfinder player, I know that I have a greater chance of rolling a critical (nat 20) if I can roll the d20 more than once rather than a single roll of the d20.

So ideally, where f2p players are concerned, we would be trying to hit approximately the 11,500 steps needed to open all but the pink chest (as I have NEVER been able to open that thing without spending gems for stepping stones...which I was only able to do once). 
Ideally, ALL players should be able to open every chest in the dungeon (including opening the pink chest once) without having to spend gems/money.
Recruitment Code (Android EUR):  9ace0cb