Something is not right? You have a suggestion to make? Let us know right here, right now!

johnna1975

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Adam,
my results until now show there is almost no difference with the dungeon tokens. 
I used to get 7000 stepping stones by friday before the tweak and after.
In my eyes the only change I experience is the immediate feedback. It feels more rewarding if we get often small amounts than have to wait for more tokens after a long time, So i believe the change is only psychological but as for stepping stones the new system doesnt allow us to make progress any faster than before. It is just manipulation of the numbers as you yourself said: less stepping stones but less hit dragons to get those.
Not significant IMHO.
YoniHaimovich/ b0248f/ 5. 11.2015/ 571 unique dragons/  Zeus, Plushie, Gentelman, Polar Bear all 90 4*/ ID: d2460h
Yoni Sleepovich/ 60b8a2/ 30.5.2016/ 568 unique dragons/ Torch, Hades, Posh, Springtime all 90 4*/ Id: 82d0c4
Crumbley 80 7*
Level 160 Proud Leader of DMD and DMD2
Both Android Eur

cryscryb

Apple (iOS)

johnna1975 wrote:
Adam,
my results until now show there is almost no difference with the dungeon tokens. 
I used to get 7000 stepping stones by friday before the tweak and after.
In my eyes the only change I experience is the immediate feedback. It feels more rewarding if we get often small amounts than have to wait for more tokens after a long time, So i believe the change is only psychological but as for stepping stones the new system doesnt allow us to make progress any faster than before. It is just manipulation of the numbers as you yourself said: less stepping stones but less hit dragons to get those.
Not significant IMHO.

Interesting, I wonder why it is different for different players? Something in the algorithms I guess. I get more stepping stones now, and tokens. Not a ton but not an insignificant amount either. I am able to open the final chest maybe 4-5 times if lucky. Anything more is a fantasy or a $pend and I’m holding off all $pending pending how they decide to handle the most recent issues.
- How do I feel when there is no coffee? Depresso
no avatar

Amar Awargaonkar

Google Play (Android)

If u have a strong dragon with earth element and if u bring it out at the start and use it only for applying shield  it definitely helps to rake in more quests thus earning more footsteps. This is the only strategy that works.
no avatar

SueW62

Windows PC

Adam From Gameloft wrote:
Heyo everyone! 

There's been a lot of discussion and feedback shared with us over the last couple of weeks, and that has lead to discussions internally to understand the situation. Since the launch of the new dungeon we've used your feedback to help understand how it is being played, but also changes that we perhaps need to make.

Well Adam, 
I've been playing DM for over four years and I can say I've started to dread having to go into that dungeon.  It is not fun and the rewards are almost impossible to achieve.  I have only reached the big chest once and then it was way to late to even think about earning 2000 points to open it.  I only open the brown chests and maybe occasionly the green because after a really good fight where I do many tasks and take out over 25 dragons ( which is a top fight for me) I earn about 600 points.  That doesn't get you far. And then no more 400 pointers just 170 points for the difficult tasks.  Yes the problem is I only have 3 dragons at 70 points and the rest are around 45-55, so they get killed in one blow.  I start out with 50 level opponents in the first round and jump to 65 level opponents when those beginning 3 are killed off.  Believe me I use every tool at my disposal to survive but I never last that long. I do last long enough to make it quite a chore though and it does cut into my limited time that I allow myself to play the game.  Who wants to quit in the middle of a fight when we have to wait 6 hours to refresh between fights. It has to be played to the finish. 

Well Adam, in conclusion, just pass on to the developers that they are successfully getting more and more players quitting the game.  I really feel that is starting to be their main intention.  Why have a chain breeding event which takes winning an event to get one of the required dragons?  Really! And they run concurrently!  Good planning for raising frustration levels!

soukupmi

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows Phone

As Yoni said, the feeling of achievement is higher with the more tasks completed, the amount of stepping stones is about the same.
The only reason why I was limited to only 1 opening of the final chest was the impossibility to play on mobile this week.
Still no dragon for me once again, though. :(
A dragon, a dragon,
I swear I saw a dragon....
Windows Lumia 650, Windows 10 mobile
Recruitment code: 1e1ec
Playing on Windows [EUR] since 16.1.2015
Top 50 Clan: Angel power (29/50)
- active players welcome
Join us at the Wiki - http://dragon-mania-legends-wiki.mobga.me/Main_Page

Lee K.

Google Play (Android)

Summarizing my results.
As you can see from the screenshots, the results are approximately the same. Last week I opened 2 multi-chests, this week I also opened 2 multi-chests.
Apparently the balance has not changed.

Psychologically, playing has become a little more comfortable.
But the "useless" dragons are still very annoying. I mean those dragons in my team who do not have time to attack, but die immediately.
It also quite annoying that (weak and normal) attacks like poison and hot coals do not count. I hope this will be fixed soon.
Attachments
IMG_20190916_163617.jpg
IMG_20190916_163617.jpg (205.99 KiB) Viewed 138 times
IMG_20190916_213129.jpg
IMG_20190916_213129.jpg (214.84 KiB) Viewed 138 times

Kairy

Google Play (Android)

I have no issue with the way the tasks work now; had I hit every reset, I probably would have been able to open the purple chest once (I missed a couple, and finished last week's Dungeon standing in front of the purple chest...though, it took all my remaining steps to get there).
I found that I could earn about 700-1000 steps per Brawl, where previously I was earning between 300-600.
So, that part is fine, and it doesn't feel as grindy due to the decreased number of times something has to be done to complete the task.

I also noticed that (so far), there aren't as many Plant-element dragons compared to the last couple weeks.  I'm definitely happy to see new dragons in the dungeon (especially ones without the Plant element...though inititally I was skeptical since the first three have Plant elements; turned out not to be as bad as last week's batch).

The issue I have now is this week's Dungeon when it comes to the steps.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

The steps it takes to traverse the dungeon were changed. 
After taking just a couple steps, it went up to 10.  Then another two or three steps after that, it already had jumped to 15. 
Why?

Why was this changed AGAIN when it was working fine the way it was the past two weeks? 
Why was the number of steps needed to traverse the dungeon increased?

This is going to bring the entire thing right back to where it was before the changes to the tasks were made.

This is going to be a dull grind again. 
It feels like just as the devs start to get something right, they change it back to the way it was (often in subtle ways...but the players aren't s.t.upid, and they're going to notice). 
Others are reporting that even with last week's changes (decreased steps, easier to complete tasks), they still wound up breaking even.  With increased step cost this week, even that will go down and make this frustrating once again.
Recruitment Code (Android EUR):  9ace0cb

Lynn R.

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Yeah, it looks like I've had much different results from everyone else who says the improvement is only psychological, because I've consistently gained more Stepping Stones throughout the week than the weeks prior. I didn't change anything either. I still use the same dragons I did before, same levels, same Enchantment, no training for any of them. Since I now have a full week of results, I can confidently say that, at least for me, the change was definitely not just psychological.

Prior to the task system rework I was able to open all of the Dungeon chests (minus the final blue chest worth 1200 SS) as well as the infinite chest 2-4 times. However, most of the time, I was only able to open the final chest 2 or 3 times. I was only able to open it 4 times if I woke up in the middle of the night and played the Dungeon a total of 4 times a day instead of 3, at least 3 days a week. This obviously isn't a sustainable way of playing the Dungeon, so the vast majority of the time, I only play the Dungeon 3 times a day, never missing a reset (before this past week), and in doing so I was able to open the infinite chest up to twice or thrice, depending on my luck with tasks.

This past week under the new task system, I played like I normally do, 3 times a day, and ended up opening the final chest 4 times. I even only played the Dungeon twice yesterday because I missed a reset due to work, and I was still able to comfortably earn 3k or more SS than I usually did in the previous weeks before the rework. If I hadn't missed the reset yesterday, I would've even been able to open the last blue chest worth 1200 SS because I would have had enough SS for it (but not enough for opening the infinite chest a 5th time), which I was never able to do before. Now, if I had woken up in the middle of the night to complete a maximum of 4 brawls a day like I did when I was able to open the last chest 4 times before the new system, I could have even opened the infinite chest 5 or 6 times, judging by the amount of SS I was consistently getting per fight (which was 1000-1300 SS / fight, much less of a discrepancy than the amount of SS I would earn in battles before). In addition, my final KO count was even lower than it usually is (probably because of the missed fight, but I usually barely break 800 KOs by the end of the week, but this time I ended at around 760. My longest brawl was more or less the same though, at 41 KOs). So, the maximum amount of SS I was able to get per week before the rework was still less than the minimum amount of SS I got just this past week under the new system.

For the people saying that the benefits of the change were purely psychological, did you account for any and all discrepancies that may have occurred this past week than the weeks prior? Did you play the same number of Dungeon brawls you normally do per week? Did you reach the milestone buffs as quickly as you usually did before the rework? Did you add or take away dragons from your team, or level some up? There are many factors that could influence the SS you may get in the Dungeon, and those factors could be influencing your success (or the success that you could have) in the Dungeon.

cryscryb

Apple (iOS)

Lynn R. wrote:
Yeah, it looks like I've had much different results from everyone else who says the improvement is only psychological, because I've consistently gained more Stepping Stones throughout the week than the weeks prior. I didn't change anything either. I still use the same dragons I did before, same levels, same Enchantment, no training for any of them. Since I now have a full week of results, I can confidently say that, at least for me, the change was definitely not just psychological.

Me too,  I am consistently getting more steppingstones from the start.  A change in the numbers is not psychological. It might be helpful to add that I have an even team as recommended in the tips screen that shows just before starting a battle. I expected that they would make things a little bit better for players with even teams if that is what they are trying to encourage.  If a player has a drastically uneven team I would expect them to have a bigger spread of opponents much faster (level-wise)  as the opponents would theoretically be calculated based on the current spread and elevate from there.  Even teams are helpful for events also, so I could see them encouraging that or giving a (slight) advantage two players that work to do that.  It is hard to build and maintain a team that covers all 3 elements 3 times but rewarding in events.

For those not experiencing any gains, do you have an uneven team? And if so, how uneven?
- How do I feel when there is no coffee? Depresso

LadyDraco

Windows PC

OMG ! Since  the  new dungeon , I have  finally gotten a dragon from a chest ! Yes  this  is  the  very first time, I have  ever  seen a dragon in a chest ! Even in the  big pink one . NEVE  saw  a dragon till today ! It's about bloody time..
So now  I'm a  proud  trainer of a Vulture dragon, He  is  in the  nest.. I sure  hope  he  doesn't  smell like  the  name sake bird  does .LOL
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 
Always  looking for  active  adult players.
my code: aaa82c 
I always  gift ,at least every day .