Something is not right? You have a suggestion to make? Let us know right here, right now!

dbcurrie

Dragon Mentor

Windows PC

USA

Sugar Rush Suggestions

Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:10 pm
Make the number of clan swords collected visible to the player. If it's there, I can't find it. Is there still a limit per day? We don't know.

Increase the number of quests or make it unlimited. Even with the first day glitches, I'm done in two days. Which also means I will have several days with no clan swords being collected and with me doing nothing to help the clan.

Limit the number of quest refreshes a player can do. I'd suggest letting the clan leader refresh unlimited, and then co-leaders can do x number of refreshes every x number of minutes/hours. It should be long enough that previous refreshed have respawned and people have had a chance to see them. Maybe 3 per hour, max. Maybe don't allow refreshes if half the board is already empty due to completed recipes or other people doing refreshes. Officers might be allowed to do one refresh, or none. And then maybe announce it in the clan like when someone changes the clan dragon. That way, if someone is refreshing desirable quests, the clan will see what's happening

Leader should be able to take away a players ability to refresh quests without demoting their rank. 

When a player abandons a quest or it times out, give it back to the clan. This means that players couldn't sabotage by taking good legendary recipes and trashing them. 

Increase the drop rate on legenary quests. With a clan of 50, most players will never get a chance at a legendary recipe. Maybe let the chance of them respawning start as soon as one is taken rather than when the quest is completed.

Make the language clearer. The ruins quests say you have to complete the ruins successfully, but it doesn't say what success is. It should say that you need to get a chest from the ruins. Farming quests should say that they're for planting. Or it should be changed so that it's actually for harvesting. Arena quests should make it clear that 4 runs of 3 wins are separate runs and not 12 total. People are getting angry when they think they completed a quest, but actually they misunderstood what the quest was. 

The refresh button should make it very clear that this is being refreshed for the whole clan. Maybe it should be moved from its current placement, too, since I've had to explain to players that your options are not only to start or refresh, and that you can actually click the X to exit without taking a quest. Repeatedly, they have thought that they're stuck with only the option to take or refresh and either they're refreshing everything or they're afraid to look because they're afraid of messing things up for the clan. Buttons should be accept/don't accept, and the don't-accept would clear the space. Refresh should be put in some other place entirely. Maybe a checkbox next to the quests that is only visible to people with the power to refresh.

AffableAndy

Google Play (Android)

Re: Sugar Rush Suggestions

Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:57 pm
Excellent suggestions!

It would be great if there was a "help" option for these quests as well, like we have with the other clan events. This would be very helpful as some of the quests seem very luck-dependent (looking at you, magma ruins). Maybe this could count as a single card gone for both players, or only be available as an option for players who have completed all their available quests. This would allow them to keep helping the clan after they "finish" the event.
Android EUR - f3e0a91
Co-leader of ThePac - active, friendly clan seeking new members! Join us :)

BlackEmbers

Dragon Overlord

Windows PC

Australia

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:55 pm
The 15 quest total would be better changed for a clan level pool (not clan population). Like DB, even with the first 24+ hrs of patchy access my clan had all completed their allocated allowance 8 hrs ago, even the ones playing 2 games.

Clan coin/sword allotment needs addressing. This event results in way less than 1000 per day, particularly if player is out of quests. I'm not sure how many long term players still have any kind of use for the clan coins having a full collection of the regularly available clan dragons, but that's a separate matter.

Disappointed that the event isn't a matter of 'pick a quest and all work on it' as was originally intimated by the 'cooperative event.' No doubt others will differ here.

Oh. And are they Cakes or Shakes? The completion screen where you feed them to the dragon says Cake.
No dragon shall be homeless by 2020!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
Playing DML since April 2015 is probably not a very good sign, then.  :) 

Platform: Win   Server: EUR   06b4c
Catering officer aboard the Crazy Train.

johnna1975

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:04 am
Not that it's a perfect solution for the issue but theoretically there are 4000 clan coins available or even more during those 4 days. You cando your 1000 daily clan coins quests on the first 12 hours of day 1 and the last 12 hours of day 4. Those are 2 guaranteed days. Since you can regulate your quests yourself  you may choose only epic chests for 150 clan coins. 14 clan quests during the sugar rush would get you those points to reach your 4000 coins for 4 days. Some may say that the 12 hours on day 1 and day 4 are problematic because of time zones, work etc. I won't argue with that. I just wanted to demonstrate that it's possible..
As for officers etc, I'm relieved I have so many reliable players to refresh when I'm absent. 
I find the ruins luck factor awful.
YoniHaimovich/ b0248f/ 5. 11.2015/ 670 unique dragons/  Zeus, Plushie, Skully, Gentelman, Polar Bear, Sumo, Love, Briar, Crumbly all 100 8*/ ID: d2460h
Yoni Sleepovich/ 60b8a2/ 30.5.2016/ 670 unique dragons/ Torch, Hades, Posh, Springtime, Skully, Sumo, Autumn, Vortex, Crumbly all 100 8*/ Id: 82d0c4
Level 160 Proud Leader of DMD and DMD2
Both Android Eur

galeforce81

Windows Phone

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:31 am
I think there really need to be a more varied selection of quests. There are far too many arena and ruin quests. They could add the usual pet dragons and collect gold. But something needs to be done.
This Dragon Maniac is very proud to be a member of DMD WIN EUR.
Recruitment code: 88abb.

My Top Dragons are:  Autumn (lv91 8stars), Meteorite (lv91 7stars) Oyar, Hermes, Archangel, Crumbly Wind-up, Fossil, and Coral (all lv86 7stars) 
no avatar

ukrneal

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:52 am
I don;t like the idea of limited refreshes, but I don't mind if those who can refresh are more limited, 

The biggest problem with the event (in my opinion):  The tasks are generally repetitive (even more so than usual) and too time consuming (or too time restricting). I have 10 hours to do the one hour ruin 7 times? No thank you. 300 food plants? No thank you. 6 runs of 3 arena victories? No thank you. The only decent ones are the trinkets and battles (and some of the hatching), probably because I have to do them anyway. The rest are too intensive in terms of having to play over a certain period of time (usually quite short). Last thing I need is for all these intense deadlines in a game. A greater variety of quests would help as well. 

I felt this event was more of chore compared to other events. 

I would also like to see some sort of reserve/check system implemented so we can see which tasks people want to do. With a clan that includes 50 people, and levels of 40 to 140, it's hard to balance lower and higher valued quests in an even way throughout. 

I would increase the total number of tasks available (from 15) to 20 (or 21). 

I think you need some sort of algorithm that limits the exact same task from appearing more than once or twice (once saw the exact same one 5 times!)! Another time, we had 10-11 taks all ruins related. That's just too unbalanced. That's why I'd be hesitant to limit the number of refreshes.

Donna J

Windows PC

Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:45 am
I will say to my point of view with this Sugar Rush race is that this not spawning no other Legacys until that one clan mate gets it done is not a good idea at all! It's like baby sitting a clan member asking (how's your LEG going along)! Whoever came up with that idea to do the legs. as that was so wrong,! there should be other legs. going on in the race (game).This time on these quest are waaaaaaay to long! These changes,beside all these BUGS has made the clan race very boring and uninteresting..No one has all day to sit infront of a PC or their phone and have this game open.There is a thing as making a living! with that being said I would like to add. As so many other wonderful players on this game that spend LOADS of money on gems, dragons,etc. seems like Gameloft would LISTEN to their paying customers and decaided players..BRING BACK OUR REGULAR CLAN RACES PLEASE.Let us get back to enjoing our games.

My code 850c25
Proud Leader of ODINS LAIR

Freyja,Sumo,Zeus,Chang'e,Chrono Zeus,
Chrono Aphrodite,ODIN! Deadly Dragons ;)

WIN(EURO)
Attachments
ODINS LAIR.jpg
ODINS LAIR.jpg (215.4 KiB) Viewed 368 times
no avatar

GregoryV

Windows PC

Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:32 am
I'd just comment on the above suggestions and add mine at the bottom.

Informative issues
>> Make the number of clan swords collected visible
+1

>> Make the language clearer.
+1. And the helpful links (say, to Ruins, Arens, etc.) should work both before and after the quest is taken.

Quest board issues
>> Increase the number of quests or make it unlimited.
>> The 15 quest total would be better changed for a clan level pool

There are (imho better) alternatives, please see below.

>> Limit the number of quest refreshes a player can do
-1 There is a point in collaboration in the clan - what 'refresh policy' to use. In our case I'd say we were suffering from too *rare* refreshes (not blaming anyone - officers are human being and don't need to be clicking 24x7).

+1 But I upvote visibility concept I heard. For example the refreshed item changes color, timer starts ticking, *but it stays available for picking* for some more time.

>> Leader should be able to take away a players ability to refresh quests without demoting their rank.
+1 provided "... and give the ability without promoting" is added

>> When a player abandons a quest or it times out, give it back to the clan.
+1, but there are alternatives, please see below.

>> Increase the drop rate on legendary quests
+1

>> some sort of algorithm that limits the exact same task from appearing more than once or twice
+1

Quests quality in general
>> I find the ruins luck factor awful.
+1. In general, difficulty (including time/chance/investment) of tasks is very unbalanced vs the reward.

>> more varied selection of quests
+1

>> too intensive in terms of having to play over a certain period of time (usually quite short).
+1

My major concern
BTW - also mentioned by others
>> a "help" option for these quests
>> Disappointed that the event isn't a matter of 'pick a quest and all work on it' as was originally intimated by the 'cooperative event.'

Currently the event is disastrous for the caln atmosphere. Competition for better quests, glitch with Legendary stuck, rarity of Leg's  - that is killing.
Suggestion:
+ add "Ask for help" and "Help" options per the task taken by someone. Maybe with limit of helpers, say, 1 helper per C, 2 per U, ..., X helpers per L. Maybe without limit.
+ "Kick leacher" button? :)
+ The rewards given proportionally to the contribution
+ Add to the clan contribution counter too
+ Helping - can be done while helper's quest is active
+ Helping does not deduct from quests limit
Would solve "I got nothing to do" and "Quest is stuck" issues, would rise the collaboration & team spirit.

johnna1975

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:32 pm
Great list thank you all.
If I may add to that the discrepancy between quests which have the same rarity is too big.
Some quests could be done instantenously whereas other take hours.
This is causing the natural competition over better quests, and if you are unlucky not to press fast enough in order to get the desired easy quest, your event might take 4 days where as othe cvlan members could finish it in a day or two.
Having said that I believe the Rush is easier than the Race. Another think which is bothering me is the fact that this event is not balanced with the race and siege as Andras said it would. There is no way to balance 2 different kind of events where two event are RNG based and the new event is allowing us to choose our own quests which creates this discrepancy, allowing the Rush to give more points that the race and siege do.
YoniHaimovich/ b0248f/ 5. 11.2015/ 670 unique dragons/  Zeus, Plushie, Skully, Gentelman, Polar Bear, Sumo, Love, Briar, Crumbly all 100 8*/ ID: d2460h
Yoni Sleepovich/ 60b8a2/ 30.5.2016/ 670 unique dragons/ Torch, Hades, Posh, Springtime, Skully, Sumo, Autumn, Vortex, Crumbly all 100 8*/ Id: 82d0c4
Level 160 Proud Leader of DMD and DMD2
Both Android Eur

BlackEmbers

Dragon Overlord

Windows PC

Australia

Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:33 pm
The only quest rarity indication that I could see was the purple on the one legendary quest. Not that the rarity means anything for the others anyway.

But so often we had a board full of multiple copies of identical quests. A full board was often only 3 or 4 actual quests.
No dragon shall be homeless by 2020!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
Playing DML since April 2015 is probably not a very good sign, then.  :) 

Platform: Win   Server: EUR   06b4c
Catering officer aboard the Crazy Train.