Something is not right? You have a suggestion to make? Let us know right here, right now!
no avatar

myssy

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: [Monthly Dragon #49] - Dark Ice

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:54 pm
Runedragon wrote:
Well, used the DML planner, it said Fire and Rust were the best pairings, bred them AGAIN (4TH TIME), got another trash dragon.

Well, Gameloft, that's it. Your greed and the overall frustration of what is supposed to be a fun game has made my decision for me. Why should I be "patient"? THIS IS JUST A GAME. And I can't empower the dragons I choose, the Fusion thing is sheer idiocy (makes no sense), game instructions are crap, and I can't feed my top dragons unless I upgrade temples by hatching 4 more dragons and feed them up which takes more time and certainly money than I am prepared to spend on a relatively low-level game. You're not getting another goddamn cent of my money. I'll be posting a negative review to warn people away from this ripoff. I wanted a game to get my mind off life's troubles, not piss me off. But congrats, you sure got what YOU wanted. Enjoy your ill-gotten gains.

As i said its just a 2-5% chance...i got mine after 20 trys and the parents were at higher levels (this gives you better chance).

trying for a LEGENDARY dragon only 4 times and expect to get it....well then this game isnt for you..because you wont get anything here in just 1-2 trys handed to you. You need patients, work and a luck! Some of the members play for 3 years and still wont get dragon of the weeks to breed.
But ranting about the game + company just because you wont get anything at the first try and dont get everything handed out for free..And because it has some "long time goals" and mechanics..oh man...
I dont like everything in this game, there are things that could change for sure...but i LOVE to dont get anything in a month, because that means you still have stuff to do or to get in this game in a year or two or three! Some other games getting boring after a month because you progress to fast, i am not playing this game for 3 month AND i still love it and still have soooooo much to do and get and breed
no avatar

Runedragon

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:47 pm
Patience in dealing with real-life problems is a virtue. Applying the same level of patience for games like this is ridiculous. Games are meant to be an escape from real life. Games that are full of frustration are self-defeating IMO.

Idoine91

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows Phone

France

Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:58 pm
I guess puzzles are not your cup of tea… To each their own, if you think so DML is really not for you...
Windows Mobile 10 / Windows 10 eur​
Started 11 January 2015 - 493 unique dragons
Referral code : 30ec
​Clan : Proud member of 'Crazy Train Gang'
Team : Autumn, Lantern 90 5*, Archangel, Vortex, Taiyi Zhenren, Warlord, Hades, Hermes, Deco, Aries, Ra 92 4*

Team : Archangel, Fairy, Ra 58 4*, Osiris, Taiyi Zhenren, Seth, Deco, Dark Ice, Isis 60 3*
no avatar

ukrneal

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:09 pm
Runedragon wrote:
Well, used the DML planner, it said Fire and Rust were the best pairings, bred them AGAIN (4TH TIME), got another trash dragon.

Well, Gameloft, that's it. Your greed and the overall frustration of what is supposed to be a fun game has made my decision for me. Why should I be "patient"? THIS IS JUST A GAME. And I can't empower the dragons I choose, the Fusion thing is sheer idiocy (makes no sense), game instructions are crap, and I can't feed my top dragons unless I upgrade temples by hatching 4 more dragons and feed them up which takes more time and certainly money than I am prepared to spend on a relatively low-level game. You're not getting another goddamn cent of my money. I'll be posting a negative review to warn people away from this ripoff. I wanted a game to get my mind off life's troubles, not piss me off. But congrats, you sure got what YOU wanted. Enjoy your ill-gotten gains.

Most games of this type work with the same idea - you do something (breed, collect, mine, whatever) and wait a certain time for that thing to happen. If you don't have the patience for that, these are the wrong type of games for you.
no avatar

Runedragon

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:18 pm
Just read a post from 2016 posted by Star Warden, who was a veteran player here and who ran a big clan named Dark Magic Dragons and owned over 240 dragons himself. He too got fed up and left. Just saying.
no avatar

myssy

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:04 am
Runedragon wrote:
Just read a post from 2016 posted by Star Warden, who was a veteran player here and who ran a big clan named Dark Magic Dragons and owned over 240 dragons himself. He too got fed up and left. Just saying.

he got fed up because of other stuffs.....as i said there are things that could be better (like the pay to win events and stuff like that, maybe some adjustments for some events, and less greedyness from the company) BUT the gamemechanics overall are fine as they are. The breeding is fine as it is, it will always be just a chance to get something. If you want to get something directly, these kind of games arent for you. Go play games which you will finish in a week beause everything you want you will get handed to you and then get bored and play the next game ;)
Or just play stuff like mahjong, candy crush or a RPG like game, they are better if you arent patient and just want to get away from anything and dont want to think about anything.

Idoine91

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows Phone

France

Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:54 am
To go back to breeding success for Dark Ice, so far 4 Dark Ice in each game, both with either Fire and Rust or Metal and Elemental :)
In each game keeping 2 of each, one full skilled now, it'll join my team on baby game, bringing another Metal, and Void so I can ditch Storm. In main game I don't know yet but I've full skilled it too.
I'll keep another in each game as a baby, and ascend the others.
Team : Autumn, Lantern 90 5*, Archangel, Vortex, Taiyi Zhenren, Warlord, Hades, Hermes, Deco, Aries, Ra 92 4*

Team : Archangel, Fairy, Ra 58 4*, Osiris, Taiyi Zhenren, Seth, Deco, Dark Ice, Isis 60 3*
no avatar

Runedragon

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:23 am
Bully for you

Idoine91

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows Phone

France

Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:56 am
Who, me ?
Because I got several ?
For your information, on baby game I got my first after 8 attempts in 2 dens, 2nd after another 7 attempts, 3rd 17 attempts later and 4th 23 attempts after that.
On main game I was lucky to get my 1st on first try, 2nd came 11 attempts after that, then 3rd 19 attempts after and 4th just behind.
Just quite a few tries and some luck, like all the breedings in this game.

ProudMama5SOSGleek

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Idaho, USA

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:36 am
I'm sorry @runedragon that this game isn't up your alley. You tried it, didn't like it, so move on. This thread is for people to share their failures AND SUCCESSES!! Saying "bully for you" to someone because they had a run of good luck is truly rude! I know for a fact that @idoine has had many weeks/months that she hasn't been so lucky so I, for one, am VERY happy for her!! There is no need, whatsoever, to take out your hostility over the game not being all you wanted, on someone else who had good fortune (or anyone for that matter). Plus, she's been trying to be helpful this whole time with your questions etc and that's the thanks she gets? Being upset with GL/DML/the game, in general, and voicing that is fine. But being out and out rude to another player/member of the forum, is NOT OK! I hope you find a game that better suits you, I truly do but until then please refrain from the snarky comments towards other players!

Left the best part for last....
CONGRATULATIONS @idoine!! That is awesome! So happy for you! I just put my 4th one in the nest, as well. I, also, ran 2 dens and had a whole Lotta fails getting them too! I didn't keep track but I know it was a butt load! Bwahaha! Anyways, wtg! Maybe you'll set a personal record this month. My best sits at 9.
May the Goddess of Prolification shine brightly on your Breeding Den!
Android - Eur (Gold) 
b68042b