Something is not right? You have a suggestion to make? Let us know right here, right now!

Idoine91

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows Phone

France

Re: [Monthly Dragon #49] - Dark Ice

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:50 am
@Runedragon, this game is a game of patience, you don't have to speed the breeding or hatching, you have to wait for the right timer…
Well, some of us speed SOME breeding and hatching, but not all of them, just when the Hatchery is full or maybe at the end of the week/month when the countdown is near the end…
But all in all, indeed it's a game of patience...

As for the 2nd post, each couple of parents listed can give you several results aside the desired Dark Ice here. These possible results are listed then with their breeding time, VIP or not VIP, so you can see which one you get or choose the best combo for you (less results or smaller times or desired missing dragons...)
Windows Phone 8.1 / Windows 10 eur​
Started 11 January 2015 - 443 unique dragons
Referral code : 30ec
​Clan : Proud member of 'Crazy Train Gang'
Team : Autumn, Lantern, Archangel, Vortex, Taiyi Zhenren, Warlord 87 4*, Phoenix, Aquatic, Lynx 83 6*, Hades, Hermes, Ra 87 3*

Team : Archangel, Fairy, Osiris 55 2*, Banana, Prairie, Storm 50 4*, Taiyi Zhenren, Ra, Seth, Deco 53 3*, Bludgeon 51 4*
no avatar

Runedragon

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:10 am
Thank you, but I don't understand about timing. Are you talking about how long a given egg takes to hatch? And that somehow that tells you what dragon you get? If so, it's kinda too late by then, isn't it, you're stuck with it and have to wait until it hatches to get rid of it...

And the dragon pairs list makes no sense to me either. None of the results of the pairings mention Dark Ice dragons...

I mean, I've tried breeding my Fire Dragon and Rust Dragon 3 times and got Salamander and Lava etc.

Idoine91

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows Phone

France

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:20 am
All these combos can give you Dark Ice, as the parents contain the elements needed to breed it, and only those elements.
It's why the Monthly is not listed in each group. Not necessary, so not there ;)

As for the time, it's the breeding time, the time that appears in the Den after you click on the Breed button.
Team : Autumn, Lantern, Archangel, Vortex, Taiyi Zhenren, Warlord 87 4*, Phoenix, Aquatic, Lynx 83 6*, Hades, Hermes, Ra 87 3*

Team : Archangel, Fairy, Osiris 55 2*, Banana, Prairie, Storm 50 4*, Taiyi Zhenren, Ra, Seth, Deco 53 3*, Bludgeon 51 4*
no avatar

Runedragon

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:27 am
Thank you. So how does breeding time indicate that a Fire/Rust pairing will produce a Dark Ice?

Idoine91

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows Phone

France

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:30 am
A legendary has always the same breeding time, listed in the picture in the 1st post : 2 days or 1 day 14 hours 24 minutes.
So if you see 2d or 1d 14hr (VIP) on the den, you got it :)

ProudMama5SOSGleek

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Idaho, USA

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:37 am
Every dragon pair that is listed there could produce a dark ice. That's what that list i, is a list of the best parent combos to obtain dark ice. In the 2nd post, each section (paragraph, whatever) starts with the breeding combo(s) on the 1st line. If there is more than one dragon with that element combination that can be used it will be separated by an "/" as is the case for fire and rust/terracotta. You could use either one with fire and get the same offspring. If there is more than one choice for each parent it will be that way on both sides - such as mercury/tricolor/heliotrope and lava/salamander/etc, you just pick one from each side. Next are all the possible outcomes that those parents could give and their hatching times both vip and non-vip.

Yes, you're right about the timers, there isn't anything you can do about it but you at least know (or can narrow down) what is in the egg before it hatches. I hate waiting so am glad to know in advance. It is mostly helpful for dotw because with dotm, the timer you want is always 1d14h (VIP). If you get that timer using one of those parent sets, you have the dotm. With dotw, the right timer changes from week to week, so knowing that your egg is in fact the dotw, is very helpful. If you have 2 dens and know that you just bred the dotw then you know you don't need to try for that in the 2nd den (unless you want more than one) and can try for something else.

@iodine is right. This game is all about patience and breeding is about persistence. Sometimes you get it in the first few tries, sometimes it takes 300+ tries and other times you don't get it at all. This game is definitely a marathon not a sprint. I do, however, agree that it can be very expensive. But it doesn't have to be.
Just like any game anymore, there is premium content. If you want it, you have to spend, alot usuly, to get it. But it is NOT required to play.

Hope this helps and didn't make it clearer than mud! Lol!

Well @idoine beat me to the punch! But I tried!
May the Goddess of Prolification shine brightly on your Breeding Den!
Android - Eur (Gold) 
b68042b

Fushin

Windows PC

France

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:16 am
@Runedragon : Use Dml planner.
no avatar

myssy

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:25 am
Runedragon wrote:
Well, I don't understand what that post you mention is talking about. And I don't understand about timing. And my latest attempt at breeding got me a goddamn War Dragon so screw this.

In fact screw this frickin game. It's frustrating and costs too much!

It doesnt cost anything if you just dont buy and gem stuff. ;-)
Btw to get a dragon of the month you "just" have a chance of like 2-5 % depending on the pairing (parents) you choose. So its normal that you wont get it in the first trys...some players try for it the whole month and get it just before the month ends.
You need to be patient especially if you want to breed the rare and special types like legendary dragons!
no avatar

Runedragon

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:07 pm
Well, used the DML planner, it said Fire and Rust were the best pairings, bred them AGAIN (4TH TIME), got another trash dragon.

Well, Gameloft, that's it. Your greed and the overall frustration of what is supposed to be a fun game has made my decision for me. Why should I be "patient"? THIS IS JUST A GAME. And I can't empower the dragons I choose, the Fusion thing is sheer idiocy (makes no sense), game instructions are crap, and I can't feed my top dragons unless I upgrade temples by hatching 4 more dragons and feed them up which takes more time and certainly money than I am prepared to spend on a relatively low-level game. You're not getting another goddamn cent of my money. I'll be posting a negative review to warn people away from this ripoff. I wanted a game to get my mind off life's troubles, not piss me off. But congrats, you sure got what YOU wanted. Enjoy your ill-gotten gains.

Idoine91

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows Phone

France

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:45 pm
@Runedragon, welcome to a life of patience and long-term goals... Or not...