Something is not right? You have a suggestion to make? Let us know right here, right now!
no avatar

toomas

Windows PC

Dragon Mania Legends patch 4.0 wishlist

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:07 am
Hi!

During the last 6 months that I’ve been playing DML (and fully enjoying it), I’ve marked down some ideas that are in my wishlist when it comes to the future of Dragon Mania. As an added flavor, I’ve formatted the ideas as close to an actual patch notes as I could. Enjoy! :)

DRAGON MANIA LEGENDS PATCH 4.0 RELEASE NOTES
====================

NEW FEATURES

Passive combat effects
Have lost your faith in non-legendary and non-divine dragons? Well, take another look, as dragons beside legendary and divine now boast super awesome passive combat effects, based on their main elements! For example, metal based dragons now slightly reduce damage taken for the whole team. Void dragons, when being attacked, have a small chance of summoning a black hole that engulfs the incoming attack entirely, neglecting the damage. Log in to DML now to find out about the new passive combat effects for the rest of the elements!

Puzzle Altar
Have a surplus of all of those common and uncommon dragon puzzle pieces while missing out on legendary ones? At Puzzle Altar, you can fuse lower level puzzle pieces together to get higher level ones, just like enchantment material fusion.

Constellations
Constellations are time periods where breeding dragons with a certain element is more fruitful (e.g. the upcoming Earth constellation during February means +40% chance to breed higher rarity dragons with Earth element).

Dragon statistics
Curious about how many opponents your favourite dragon has defeated? Or how many times you’ve used each of the elements? Or how popular the dragon is amongst your friends as a helper? The next time you visit your dragons at their habitat, you can see a small window on the side, stating various interesting tidbits about the creature’s life cycle.

DESIGN CHANGES

Transmogrification
Love conquering your foes with your trusty Stardust dragon, but would like to change its appearance to that cool looking Butterfly dragon that you just got? Now you can do that, simply by choosing another “skin” for your dragons. The only requirement here is that you actually have to own the dragon whose appearance you want to transfer over, just like choosing a new avatar for your clan.

Elder dragons
Ever wondered how your main battle dragons would look like a little bit older? Dragons, who reach level 50, are now called Elder dragons, with their appearance matching their age, wisdom and strength. The Elder dragons are highly regarded in Dragolandia, with kids, and even adults, looking up to them with awe and respect. Watch out, Sage dragon, for you are not the only dragon with a beard anymore!

TECHNICAL IMPROVEMENTS

API support for building cool utilities
More and more we see gamers who have background in software development and would like to build tools for DML that would help other players. For these tools to become even more helpful, we are launching free API for developers to make it easy for fetching player’s in-game data (dragons, habitats, available gold and food, islands bought, etc) to be used in different kinds of third party utility apps.

For example, with the recently launched DML Planner ( https://dml-planner.saldre.eu/ ), you can now log in with your game account and the planner can fetch all of your dragon data automatically, without needing you to manually mark all of your dragons.

Already we are seeing big interest in other useful utilites, such as an app for optimizing your dragons in habitats for maximum gold production, an app that shows a timeline of your dragons with their birth, growth and battles, and many other cool ideas.

QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES
  1. Clan Event now refunds the excess. After Clan Events end, every clan member gets food and gold paid out proportionally for their leftover event materials (ingredients, siege sprites, etc).
  2. When opening Daily Missions screen, the previously opened tab will now be displayed without fail. No more hassle when doing those Divide and Reconquer type missions, only to find out that you have to select that tab again after every fight.
  3. You can now save your different team formations for switching quickly between them before the battle starts. No more looking around the dragon you want from the 300+ dragon selection screen!
  4. To make the team formation selection before every battle even more easy, you can now drag your selected dragons around for quick repositioning.
  5. Want to see how many free slots every habitat has? You can now enable from your UI settings so that a number will be displayed on every habitat, representing free/filled slots.
  6. Bonus chests found on the campaign map are now better balanced. Yes, we kow that 50k gold at the end of Heroic Campign really didn’t make much sense.
  7. When clicking “Claim all” button for gifts, the gift open sound is now played only once, instead of for every single gift. We hear you, headphone users with lots of gifts who have to take off their headphones when opening 50+ gifts every day, just to avoid that volcano erupt.
- DML Planner for planning your temples and optimizing economy
- 2048 minigame set in DML universe
- DML inspired tower defense minigame
- Dragon Mania Legends patch 4.0 wishlist
- Web tool for creating your own dragons

Laurann333

Windows PC

I really like these! Well done!
I hope the developers use some of these
455 Unique Dragons
Recruitment code 5579
Windows Europe

duncand

Apple (iOS)

I really like the dragon stats idea :). I’m always curious which of my dragons is most “helpful” or has seen the most battle, etc.

I’m also highly in favor of a public API, though sadly I think GL has taken a fairly strong stance against this so far, but the demand is increasing, and I have a cross platform/device app at the ready when/if it does...

Imagine how many of the items on the wishlist could be handled by 3rd party if such an API existed?

Few I might add if I may?
1) Compound elemental attacks. Or reactive” element combinations attacks; For example a dragon affected by plant attack receives more damage when follow by water or light attack. Conversely; Dragons affected by fire burn attack have effects removed by water or or earth... etc. This deserves more thought but general idea is sound I think.
2) Sixth level of Chronos to unlock for 24 hour timer.
3) Another food option that allows me to plant larger crops and make use of the billions of wasted gold sitting in my inventory.
4) The dragon vault needs a revamp so you can click on its “inmates” to get the same basic info (gold production, damage, health, etc you can in the inventory.
5) Brimstone clan dragon is a joke.... 1 gem for 2000 of my clan currency? I can pet a dragon, explore a cave, spin a wheel, watch a video, and get more gems for free in a matter of minutes than hours and days spent in clan quests for 2000. clan coins...

plenty more ore where that came from but save some for the point release ;)
soulFile: Level 150
Dragons: Unique 524 | Legendary 64 | Divine 28 | Boss 18
Team: (100x8)
 Taiyi Zhenren | Hypnos | Thor | Sumo | Plushie | Autumn
(80x7) Hathor | Skeleton | Yin Yang | Vortex | Lantern | Radiant
Clan Duncan: Level 15 | League 5
Dragons: Chip | Rupita | Striker | Gravelis | Amoura | Brimstone | Kutter
Team: (~95) Join Request | Code 40ccba | iOS EUR~Gold
"TURPILLI IC IACIT PUUERI TRILUNI DUNOCATI"  The Fort Warrior!
(Playing since 10.10.15, Clan est. 6.6.16)

no avatar

ShadowcatX

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Personally I would love the stats and API stuff. The rest, however, I'd be less a fan of, I waited patiently to build up to having good dragons, making random dragons better just because is a direct Nerf to what I worked towards for months now.

duncand

Apple (iOS)

Fair enough on empowering lesser dragons... I too have spent many many hours (years) building up my dragons and would hate to enter the arena only to have my legendary and divine lvl 80**** team pummeled by common plant and water dragons, but I wonder if there’s a strategy to this which would not give lesser dragons an advantage, but rather make the arena battles more interesting / challenging. And perhaps even out the dungeon level 82**** dragon madness a bit by using ones Noggin. Anyway, not at the top of my list either, just landed at 1) as it came to mind first.

no avatar

ShadowcatX

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

For arena, vary which team goes first or start the battles with defenders having a buff / offense having a debuff (one random dragon gets divine buff, or earth shield, etc.)

ProudMama5SOSGleek

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Idaho, USA

I like them all! Chronos level 6 would be awesome (I am almost to level 2 now but I would still like it for later 😊).

Elder dragons could be fun and interesting.

The stats and api stuff, ALL of it, would be SOOOO AWESOME and Uber helpful! I know it will never happen but oh how wonderful this game could be with those addition! Saving formations and drag and drop would be really helpful as well!

I'd like to add a couple...
Once your clan has maxed out on XP for quests, it would be wonderful if the XP could continue to be earned to go toward items that the leaders could give as clan incentives. Most quests done, most recipes filled/sprites summoned, most donations etc. Yes, we have MVP but a lot of that is based on RNG not actual work. It would be nice if the XP could be traded for gems, swords, puzzle pieces, trinkets, VIP tickets, EL chest/potion tickets, portal energy, clan tokens etc. Then each clan could award them to the other outstanding members of their clan from week to week. We could also have games/activities inside our clans to earn those items. I think this would be a blast. I would also like it to show how many quests members do during non-event times. Possibly daily/weekly/monthly and cumulative. I think the extra bonus' could inspire more clan activity during the week and especially during events. I know there are badges for Elder etc that you can upgrade members to, but this idea would be extra awesomeness!

I wish we could gift gems to friends within the game. (as well as dragons and dragon pieces). And not just the piddly amount given during sporadic friend gifting times.

"Are you sure" buttons for various tasks would be of great value. As well as, a warning when you are close to leveling up so you don't lose out on portal energy. A sorting feature with a lock in the various tabs would be really helpful. As well as being able to lock dragons (to not accidently sell them) etc.

Having a last gifted/last log in date for friends would be a huge time saver and very helpful in revamping friends lists. Gifting inactive players or ones that dont gift back is a bummer. Revamping currently is a nightmare.

Allow us to either sell our dragons straight from inventory, or let us buy a secondary multi-slot nest for hatching the unwanted duplicates so that we can get them out of our clogged inventory.

The mine/chest/dungeon rewards need to be revamped desperately, to be more in line with the new difficulty. And the card dragons and dungeon dragons need to be replaced and/or rotated.

More sales on potion cauldrons/mat chests/EL tickets and trinket frenzies are much needed!

I know there are more but will add them as I think of them. Thanks for letting me share!

Shoot the following section was supposed to be closer to the top....Dang it! And try as I might I am unable to copy and paste etc. So sorry it's out of order.

At first glance I liked the skin changing idea but then when I thought about it, not so sure I would. When I look at a dragon, I know their elements by looking at them. If one time a battled a normal butterfly and the next is was a stardust in butterfly's clothing, that could be very confusing.

Love the constellations and puzzle altar ideas VERY much! Those options would be way cool, fun and awesome!

Quality of life changes are phenomenally marvelous! I would love to get something for my left over quests event items. I always have oodles left and if we can't carry them over then this would be great.
May the Goddess of Prolification shine brightly on your Breeding Den!
Android - Eur (Gold) 
b68042b

duncand

Apple (iOS)

@ProudMama, yes, yes, and yes... ;)

I forgot about the clan stuff... making it easier to keep track of clan member contributions (even just gifting other members) and activity (last active, overall point and donation tallies) etc. would be huge! Some of our best players aren’t always the MVPs but are the ones who donate the most to other players who can afford to nudge a refresh with gems, etc. Also the “number of days” in clan is important as there are a select few members who did all the hard grunt work to get us to level 15 and hatch brimstone etc. and these players are dedicated and often not spending gems to get the MVP but deserve recognition and rewards regardless. Some thought should go into how to better manage clans and provide more fun and incentives for clan members... agree 1000%

BlackEmbers

Dragon Overlord

Windows PC

Australia

Fairly short wishlist here:

1) Fix old bugs
2) No added new bugs
3) Make clan chat work properly
No dragon shall be homeless by 2020!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
Playing DML since April 2015 is probably not a very good sign, then.  :) 

Platform: Win   Server: EUR   06b4c
Catering officer aboard the Crazy Train.

duncand

Apple (iOS)

BlackEmbers

Fairly short wishlist here:

1) Fix old bugs
2) No added new bugs
3) Make clan chat work properly

Yes, obviously, but this short and sweet wishlist has been requested perpetually since day one, and frankly they should go without saying... the game should never even make it out of beta to RC let alone widespread public release without 1, 2, and probably 3 fully QA’d.