Something is not right? You have a suggestion to make? Let us know right here, right now!
no avatar

toomas

Windows PC

A little while ago, DML Planner hit the 100 user mark. This encouraged me to celebrate that milestone with a little update. ^-^  Here are the update notes:

Temple planning overhaul

- Rewritten from scratch, focusing on the overview of which dragon affects which temple.

- You can plan out different strategies and then save those strategies for quick comparison later on.
- No more confusing options between plan and edit mode - it's all 100% planning now.

Economy page tweaks

- Habitats can be sorted by type, fill rate and empty slots. (Kudos to @wofguy for suggesting this!)
- Dragon search box isn't cluttered by already assinged dragons anymore, allowing you to focus on dragons that haven't been added to any habitat yet.

Design tweaks
- I wanted the planner to have more fantasy feel to it, so the UI should be a little bit more game-y now.
- Dragon images are now always facing the same direction (yes, there were more than one user who noticed and reported that).

Usability tweaks
- Every dragon now has a quick link to DML Wiki for additional information.

Breeding calculator [BETA]

A simple breeding calculator, mimicking the same functionality as the one at http://mobga.me/dragon-mania-legends/breeding-calculator/. I'm cautiously attaching Beta label to it for now, as in "always recheck the results with other breeding calculator(s)". I haven't spotted any incorrect breeding results yet, but if anyone does, then let me know and I'll fix that ASAP.

Happy planning and as always, feedback both good and bad is more than welcome! :)

P.S. @Andras, can I kindly ask you to rename this topic to "Planner tool for temples and economy", since the scope of the planner has grown bigger since the initial version.
- DML Planner for planning your temples and optimizing economy
- 2048 minigame set in DML universe
- DML inspired tower defense minigame
- Dragon Mania Legends patch 4.0 wishlist
- Web tool for creating your own dragons

Queendom

Windows PC

This is amazing toomas. Thank you so much. :)
I am the Bunny Queen. 

Coo coo cah-choo. 

ProudMama5SOSGleek

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Idaho, USA

I 2nd @Queendom!! Thanks so much @toomas for the update and all your hard work! Much appreciated!! 💕
May the Goddess of Prolification shine brightly on your Breeding Den!
Android - Eur (Gold) 
b68042b

no avatar

toomas

Windows PC

As a bonus content for you all, here's a DML version of a small puzzle game that I've always liked - 2048.

https://dml-planner.eu/games/2048

If you've never played the original game before, the game mechanic is really simple: use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the elements around. Elements with the same type merge, turning into an element of higher type. The goal is to get to the highest element, the Divine one.

I've only managed to get to the Legendary element. May the elemental gods bring you better luck!  ^-^

(I know the game isn't really related to temple planning or economy optimization – I'm just taking a short break from theory crafting. That, and I was just too lazy to start a separate thread for this. :))

ProudMama5SOSGleek

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Idaho, USA

Wow! Thanks so much! I will definitely try this later tonight! I love 2048 (in all its various forms) and combined with my favorite game, well...that's awesome!! You rock!
May the Goddess of Prolification shine brightly on your Breeding Den!
Android - Eur (Gold) 
b68042b

Queendom

Windows PC

So, I've been playing it since you posted it. This is highly addictive. Lol Thanks toomas :)
I am the Bunny Queen. 

Coo coo cah-choo. 
no avatar

toomas

Windows PC

Re: A planner tool for opening up temples

Sun May 06, 2018 10:11 pm
A small update for DML Planner:

Enchantment calculator

Insert your current material and trinket count and the calculator shows you two things: 1) how much you can upgrade your materials given your material amount and 2) how much you can upgrade your materials given your trinket count.

Reverse breeding

Select a dragon and get up to 50 different parent combinations. Combinations are sorted by chance (higher first), and also list other possible dragons you could get.

Moving habitats between islands

Moving a whole habitat with dragons is now made easy by allowing you to mark a habitat (or even many, if need be) and selecting a destination island.

May the old dragon gods of theorycrafting smile upon you!  ^-^
no avatar

toomas

Windows PC

Re: A planner tool for opening up temples

Wed May 09, 2018 10:27 am
@Queendom pointed out that quite a few dragons on Wiki are listed with incorrect stats. Since DML Planner's dragon database was imported from Wiki, then those incorrect stats came along.

Here's a list of dragons that had either incorrect damage, health or gold. These are now fixed.

Also, in the future, whenever Gameloft comes up with new dragons, I'll make sure to let the system calculate the correct stats based on the dragon's elements and type, rather than copying base damage/health/gold manually.

Finrod

Google Play (Android)

I have to say that this page is amazing toomas clap clap clap

Queendom

Windows PC

Gotta agree with Finrod. It really is amazing what you've done and created for the community, toomas. It's so useful. I have your page open as much as I have wiki open.
I am the Bunny Queen. 

Coo coo cah-choo.