Something is not right? You have a suggestion to make? Let us know right here, right now!
no avatar

toomas

Windows PC

Re: A planner tool for opening up temples

Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:32 am
Amarnath_Awargaonkar wrote:
I have a small suggestion, in the team planner will it be possible for u to add a tab which informs about the elements against which the selected team is strong.

Done! Enjoy! ^-^

- DML Planner for planning your temples and optimizing economy
- 2048 minigame set in DML universe
- DML inspired tower defense minigame
- Dragon Mania Legends patch 4.0 wishlist
- Web tool for creating your own dragons
no avatar

Amarnath_Awargaonkar

Google Play (Android)

Thank you so much 😇
Amarnath

mez

Apple (iOS)

Not sure if asked already or not, but is there a reason that the order that the enchantment materials are listed is different from in-game?

Planner: Fire, Wind, Earth, Water, Plant, Metal, Energy, Void, Light, Shadow, Legendary, Divine

In-game: Fire, Wind, Earth, Water, Metal, Plant, Energy, Void, Shadow, Light, Legendary, Divine
no avatar

myssy

Veteran

Windows PC

The order he has is from lowest to highest element. Dunno why ingame its somehow in another order. Maybe in order they came into the game?
no avatar

toomas

Windows PC

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:26 pm
For the December update, I wanted to do something different.

Dragolandia Exams
Want to test your knowledge of the creatures of Dragolandia? Dragon Academy, with the help of professor Hogwin, is hosting exams for aspiring dragonologists, both young and old.

The first exam focuses on the most basic skill – identifying those magical creatures by name. No worries – you can practice your skills as long you want before taking the exam. Also, finishing one successfully opens up a higher difficulty level, testing your skills even further.

For now, it's only for registered DML Planner users and there's only exam subject. I wanted to get some initial feedback from you guys before making more, so let me know what you think.

Good luck, fellow dragonologists, and may the Dragon Gods smile upon you! Oh, and merry-wonderful-happy holidays to everybody! ^-^

Bug fixes
- Collector Points weren't calculated properly in some cases. Kudos to @mez for the extensive testing on this.

mez wrote:
Not sure if asked already or not, but is there a reason that the order that the enchantment materials are listed is different from in-game?

As @myssy correctly pointed out, this is the order in which the elements open up in the game (with the exception of Legendary and Divine, that already open up at lvl 5).

mez

Apple (iOS)

Nice touch the exam thing.

I've completed beginner and advanced on a computer. I've tried on the mobile, not very convenient to scroll up and down as the box to select the dragon name zoom the page, so the dragon is not entirely visible afterwards. Also, at several occasion, it got stuck at loading the next dragon, without showing anything, so had to restart.

From the computer, sometimes the selection in the box using the Enter key is not accurate. For instance, I typed Wind, I can see it's Wind highlighted, but when I press Enter, it selects Wind-Up, thus either making me loose time to select again, or validating the wrong answer by pressing Enter a second time. It happened to Ant as well, it selected Mutant. There are others, I cannot recall them all.

For the order of the elements, I can see in-game that at different locations, the order is not the same either, so I guess will just have to adapt to the difference between planner and in-game when I insert my material, instead of just going from one to the next :)

mez

Apple (iOS)

Another feedback on the exam thing: not sure if you did it on purpose or not, to make it harder, but I kind of would like to know how many dragons I still have to name until the exam is over, like 21/50 so I know I'm naming dragon 21 out of 50. Is this something you would do?

Andras from Gameloft

Community Manager

Budapest

Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:57 pm
Wonderful idea, toomas. I took the test and I loved it!
no avatar

toomas

Windows PC

A small update to the exams functionality:

- Exam progress is now listed beside the timer.
- Loading dragon's image should now be quicker and shouldn't hang anymore.
- iOS devices shouldn't zoom in anymore when activating the answer field.
- Each difficulty now also lists estimated time for completion.
- When user wrote a correct answer without confirming it from the dropdown, the answer was marked as invalid. This is now fixed.
- Dropdown options are now bigger to make it easier to select them on mobile devices.
- Moved the submit button away from the "Don't know" button to avoid accidental misclicks.
- Dragon images are now smaller on mobile devices to reduce the need to scroll up and down.

mez wrote:
sometimes the selection in the box using the Enter key is not accurate.

Make sure you move your cursor away from the dropdown, otherwise it seems to automatically activate the option your mouse is hovering on.

Andras from Gameloft wrote:
Wonderful idea, toomas. I took the test and I loved it!

Well, I guess I'll get back to work and start creating more exams then. ^-^

mez

Apple (iOS)

Thank you for the improvement/bug fix.

At first, I wanted to ask to add a "I don't remember" button, because I know it somewhere in my brain, but cannot recall, but eventually, it's the same result as I do not know, 0 points.

Then I thought (it happens sometimes :)): why not a "skip" or "ask again later" button, which when pressed, will park the dragon for the end of the exam, leaving us a chance to remember while naming other dragons? The timer for the "skipped" dragons should not be reset, but restart where left-off, example: out of 5 seconds, I took 2 seconds to press skip, I only have 3 seconds left at next attempt.

I will try the improved exam again and provide feedback afterwards.

Thank you