Something is not right? You have a suggestion to make? Let us know right here, right now!

dbcurrie

Dragon Mentor

Windows PC

USA

Re: A planner tool for opening up temples

Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:44 pm
I agree with others that the FB login is a big no for me unless I know for sure the site is trustworthy and will stay that way. And I don't give sites any information unless I know what's on the other side. If I have to give up info before I see what I'm getting, I usually just back away.

Perhaps if you set it up so that people could see and test what you've got and then make the FB login optional if they want to save dragon info, that would be better.

The front page is nice, though.
no avatar

toomas

Windows PC

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:44 am
Thanks for all the feedback so far! The reason behind FB login was simple: it was the quickest to implement. I figured a lot of players have their game account already linked with their FB account anyway. What I didn't account for (no pun indended) was that some players wouldn't feel comfortable logging into random sites with their personal account. Thanks for bringing that aspect out, I can totally relate to that.

For this reason, I've added a very simple option to log in to the Planner via email (accessed on the https://dml-planner.eu/auth/login page). You don't even have to create a password, just fill out your email address and the system will 1) create an account for that email address and 2) send you a link through which you will be logged in. This way, there's no need for passwords – you can use the link in the email as many times as you want to get into the Planner.

soukupmi
Toomas - as a web developer you should be able to achieve the same results with use of a simple cookie instead of requiring a Facebook login.

Indeed, I will add that to my to-do list. Although I hope that the newly added option to log in via email will be a sufficient substitute for the time being.

leonardo hf
... think a simpler form for example: I choose the elements that I want to take the maximum, then the page gives me the options of dragons that I need to use for this, then I can edit if I do not have some dragon, after that the page ready tells me exactly which dragons feed, I could then put the levels they are already on and the page tells me how much food I need.

Thanks for offering an alternative flow! I will try to bear that in mind with the next update where I want to concentrate on improving the usability of the planner.
- DML Planner for planning your temples and optimizing economy
- 2048 minigame set in DML universe
- DML inspired tower defense minigame
- Dragon Mania Legends patch 4.0 wishlist
- Web tool for creating your own dragons

soukupmi

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows Phone

Thanks for the changes.
Looks nice and easy to use (yeah, I checked it out, now).
A dragon, a dragon,
I swear I saw a dragon....
Windows Lumia 650, Windows 10 mobile
Recruitment code: 1e1ec
Playing on Windows [EUR] since 16.1.2015
Top 50 Clan: Angel power (29/50)
- active players welcome
Join us at the Wiki - http://dragon-mania-legends-wiki.mobga.me/Main_Page
no avatar

toomas

Windows PC

Another thing that has lately been on my mind, aside from opening up temples, is my habitat/dragon economy. I knew it could be more balanced, so I created a sort of economy calculator, where you mark the habitats that you have, assign your dragons to them and in return, the calculator lists the fill rate (i.e. how much gold is generated per hour) for every habitat. This should help players spot inefficiencies in their economy, most common issue being where some habitats get filled up with gold really quickly and then just stay idle, generating nothing. 

For this, just log into DML Planner at https://dml-planner.eu/auth/login and head to the Economy page from the top navigation.

Feel free to experiment on your own or refer to the 2-step guide below.

Step 1: Replicating your game economy in DML Planner
On the Economy page, select an island and add all the habitats that you actually have on that island in the game. Then, starting with the first habitat, make sure its level is correct (as this affects how many dragons you can place in that habitat, naturally). Proceed by clicking on an empty dragon placeholder beside the habitat image and assign the correct dragons from the right side where all your dragons are listed. Repeat this for every habitat. (It can take about 5-10 minutes to replicate everything on a fully populated island.)

If you don't find the dragon you are looking for from the right, head to the Dragons page from the top navigation menu and add the missing dragon to your collection. For those of you who are trying out DML Planner for the first time, it's easier to start with the Dragons page to add all the dragons to the collection and then proceed to the Economy page.

Step 2: Analysing the data
Once you're done with setting up the habitats and assigning dragons to them, you should start looking at those average fill rate figures. The figure itself is not so important; rather, you should try and see if there are any abnormal differences in fill rates between habitats. For every over-performing habitat, try to identify another habitat where the fill rate is on the opposite scale, i.e. on the low end, and move one or more high performing dragons from the first habitat over.

The idea here is to make the habitats "breathe in the same rhythm" - to get them to fill up at as identical pace as possible. This allows you to find a stable interval at which to log in to gather gold from all habitats, rather than doing multiple logins sporadically to first gather from the high performing habitats and then from the slower ones. Keep in mind that 100% fill rate means that a habitat is filled to its maximum gold capacity in 1 hour, 50% fill rate means two hours, 25% 4 hours and so on. For example, if all of your habitats average around 20% fill rate, then that means the most optimal interval to collect gold from habitats would be every 5 hours. 

---

Of course, any feedback here is welcome and ideas for improvement are much appreciated

wofguy

Windows Phone

Funny, I just made a spreadsheet yesterday for this same information. Your's is a whole lot better, especially with the actual dragon picture. Major props.

Only suggestions for the habitats: When selecting a new habitat, move the list of dragons back to the top. Otherwise I wonder where some of my dragons got too. Also, once a dragon is added to a habitat, have the list of dragons sort those at the bottom of the list. Otherwise there is a bunch of scrolling past dragons I have already assigned.

May edit this as I find more stuff.

Edit: When I add more habitats, it puts them at the bottom. Some type of a sort feature would be nice. I think it should auto-sort by habitat type. If I forget to add a habitat the first time, then it's stuck at the bottom.
Also, when on th Economy overview, it says I have dragons on islands I have vacant. 30 on distant marsh, 41 on faded earth, ect.
My loft is full of dragons.
no avatar

Boitapop

Google Play (Android)

Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:46 am
Too bad I couldn't try it. No Facebook account. Let us know if there's some other way to use it.

soukupmi

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows Phone

Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:02 pm
Boitapop wrote:
Too bad I couldn't try it. No Facebook account. Let us know if there's some other way to use it.

There is:

For this reason, I've added a very simple option to log in to the Planner via email (accessed on the https://dml-planner.saldre.eu/auth/login page). You don't even have to create a password, just fill out your email address and the system will 1) create an account for that email address and 2) send you a link through which you will be logged in. This way, there's no need for passwords – you can use the link in the email as many times as you want to get into the Planner.

Use a trash mail address and you're done
A dragon, a dragon,
I swear I saw a dragon....
Windows Lumia 650, Windows 10 mobile
Recruitment code: 1e1ec
Playing on Windows [EUR] since 16.1.2015
Top 50 Clan: Angel power (29/50)
- active players welcome
Join us at the Wiki - http://dragon-mania-legends-wiki.mobga.me/Main_Page
no avatar

Boitapop

Google Play (Android)

Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:27 pm
Thanks !
no avatar

Bxy26

Apple (iOS)

I was really excited to try this out, since I was just about to create an excel spreadsheet for this purpose.
However, I have not yet received the link email. I’ve tried 3 times on my computer and once on my phone over the course of 4 days. And yes, I checked my spam folders and double and triple checked my typing.
Do you have any other suggestions, Toomas?
Player since July 8, 2017
Level 109
323 unique dragons. And counting...
Main Battle Team: In Progress :)  
42d31c IOS EUR

“All Dragons are happy, but some Dragons are more happy than others...”
no avatar

toomas

Windows PC

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:56 pm
Bxy26 wrote:
I was really excited to try this out, since I was just about to create an excel spreadsheet for this purpose.
However, I have not yet received the link email. I’ve tried 3 times on my computer and once on my phone over the course of 4 days. And yes, I checked my spam folders and double and triple checked my typing.
Do you have any other suggestions, Toomas?

Just send me a private message with the email address you used for DML Planner and I'll send you your personal login link that you would have received.