Something is not right? You have a suggestion to make? Let us know right here, right now!
no avatar

toomas

Windows PC

A planner tool for opening up temples

Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:05 am
Hi, fellow Dragon Maniacs!

Ever since reaching level 70 with my main dragon Stardust, I've been contemplating on how to open up the necessary temples to allow him to go past that level cap. Since the food cost for levelling up additional dragons with the same elements (just to upgrade a couple of temples) is quite significant, I thought I'd create a simple web-based tool for myself that allows playing around with dragon levels and calculates food cost on-the-fly.

Since I work as a web developer, I gave myself (in a typical hackathon fashion) 48 hours to come up with a solution. Nothing fancy, just the basic functionality of selecting your dragons and then playing around with their levels to see which path would be the most optimal for opening up those higher temple levels.

I knew I wasn't the only one with the problem of choosing which dragons to upgrade, so I decided to make it publicly available to all DML players, regardless of the platform, so that everyone could freely experiment with their dragons.

You will find the planner at https://dml-planner.eu

All constructive feedback, both negative and positive, is welcome! On the landing page, you'll find a couple of things I'll be working on next. If you have any additional ideas for improvement, or something just doesn’t work, feel free to shout them out here! :)
- DML Planner for planning your temples and optimizing economy
- 2048 minigame set in DML universe
- DML inspired tower defense minigame
- Dragon Mania Legends patch 4.0 wishlist
- Web tool for creating your own dragons

catastr0phy

Windows PC

Re: A planner tool for opening up temples

Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:40 am
Took a look around on it, looks great! Somehow doubt that this whole thing cost you 48 hours?

johnna1975

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Very good job!
Please notice that the pic for hearts is the pic of skater
YoniHaimovich/ b0248f/ 5. 11.2015/ 571 unique dragons/  Zeus, Plushie, Gentelman, Polar Bear all 90 4*/ ID: d2460h
Yoni Sleepovich/ 60b8a2/ 30.5.2016/ 568 unique dragons/ Torch, Hades, Posh, Springtime all 90 4*/ Id: 82d0c4
Crumbley 80 7*
Level 160 Proud Leader of DMD and DMD2
Both Android Eur
no avatar

makulatur

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:37 pm
Why is a log-in a must? And then even FB?

Solarex

Dragon Mentor

Google Play (Android)

Sofia

Will look at it, toomas.
no avatar

Allina_DA

Windows Phone

Great but not every one is fan of FB or willing to use FB or have FB :-(
no avatar

Loller1

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:43 pm
FB login in such a small site makes it look shadey.

soukupmi

MVP / Dragon Elder

Apple (iOS)

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:17 am
Toomas - as a web developer you should be able to achieve the same results with use of a simple cookie instead of requiring a Facebook login. This prevents me from trying your program, though I have a fb account.
I don't want to give my data to everyone, at least not willingly.
A dragon, a dragon,
I swear I saw a dragon....
iPhone
Recruitment code: bcf3ba
Playing on iOS [EUR], started 16.1.2015
Clan: ?

Join us at the Wiki - http://dragon-mania-legends-wiki.mobga.me/Main_Page

Of10na

Apple (iOS)

I too wasn’t happy to log into Facebook even though I have my game linked to it.
Recruitment Code: 28a970
Clan: My Casey
Platform: IOS APA
Gameloft Player ID: 40c192

leonardo hf

Google Play (Android)

the idea is very good, now the first page should have a proper register, use facebook account no, it was very confusing, I did not understand anything, I just managed to tag my dragons, think a simpler form for example: I choose the elements that I want to take the maximum, then the page gives me the options of dragons that I need to use for this, then I can edit if I do not have some dragon, after that the page ready tells me exactly which dragons feed, I could then put the levels they are already on and the page tells me how much food I need.
Autumn,Narwhale,Plushie,Torch,Vortex,Dark Machine,Shaman,Zeusall 80****
code= 11c66b0