Meet new Dragon Trainers, make friends and talk about non-dragon related topics!
no avatar

Iliamna

MVP

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Alaska

I was upstairs cooking dinner for Khana and I heard a thump just outside the house. It was a young moose, nibbling through whatever it could find in the flowerpots left out from last summer. The moose looked like it could be last year's calf, not fully grown but big enough that it could do some damage.

When we finished dinner, I took Khana back out and the moose had moved around to the back, next to the pen. I have six foot high chainlink fencing in the back, so I wasn't too worried about the moose getting to Khana. Khana could smell it and went out toward the fence where the moose stood, munching on some willow twigs.

The two animals didn't react much toward each other, though. Khana is pretty calm about most things, and I think found the moose more interesting than exciting. The moose gave her a look and then went back to grazing for twigs, eventually wandering deeper into our back acres. Moose learn pretty young how to deal with dogs, and Khana's behavior showed she was no threat.

I think it made Khana happy having something new to smell in the back. I know moose pass through a lot, but this is the first "fresh" moose smell this winter for her. So this is probably more of a happy thought for Khana than for me. Life is pretty boring for her much of the times, I think. She stayed out for longer than normal. Most of the time I let her wander around as long as she likes.

Melanie in Alaska .. Who has mixed feelings about moose, as they are dangerous ... but taste good.
Joined DML the first week of March 2019
At last count: 605+ unique dragons!
Leader of the ANTI-VIKING CLAN

Love the Dragons, hate the tedious wait times!

LadyDraco

MVP

Windows PC

Awesome  ! Glad  all behaved..  :)
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 
694 Happy Dragons on Islands
Always  looking for  active  ADULT players Only .
my code: aaa82c 
I always  gift ,at least every day .

MistyTerrain

Windows Phone

Something good.....bred Crumbly...that was good. :)

Mostly though, having a good day with my other half at least so far.

LadyDraco

MVP

Windows PC

MistyTerrain wrote:
Something good.....bred Crumbly...that was good. :)

Mostly though, having a good day with my other half at least so far.

Congrats!!!!  Claps
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 

no avatar

Iliamna

MVP

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Alaska

Today was a series of highs and lows, with having to go into town to run errands and not feeling completely up to it. But it had to be done, so I left Khana sleeping and headed out. After getting stuck several times in my driveway, I made it into town and got everything done.

I find it really good for my mind and emotions to stop and think about the good things that happened in each day, so it felt great to sit and just think of today's positives

One - I managed to get unstuck every time by rocking the van (driving forward until the tires started to bog down, then reversing to do the same, and continuing that way until I could finally get past the worst spots). I didn't have to get out and shovel! YAY!!

Two - Khana was sleeping peacefully when I got back. I rewarded that with the cheap (and therefore yummy but not great nutritionally) treats I'd gotten for her. Sometimes if I can just get her to eat something - anything - it will kick her appetite into gear. She LOVED the treats, and then she let me rest for hours while she snoozed some more. That's HUGE for me. When I get home, I'm exhausted and have nearly zero energy left. When she needs to immediately go out, it's hard for me.

And three - in less than five minutes, and with the use of a double egg relic, I successfully acquired Citrine in one den, and The Fool in the other den! I know this is game related, but it was a great positive so I figure it's valid here.

So even in the middle of a rough day, I found wonderful positive things. Now I can head off to sleep with those in my mind. Maybe I'll have some wonderfully positive dreams now!

Melanie in Alaska

LadyDraco

MVP

Windows PC

AWESOME  !!! claps...
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 

SophieKate

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Today I met up with my grandmother for her 85th birthday, the first time since Christmas due to the covid regulations. It was only sitting in her garden, but it was so lovely just to chat with her for a couple of hours and give her the little presents I'd got for her 😊

MistyTerrain

Windows Phone

I always think about good stuff and if it involves the game, cool. Citrine is mine now. Anyways, good for today is going to be the delicious dinners for the next couple of days we'll be having including my other half's awesome chili.
no avatar

Iliamna

MVP

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Alaska

SophieKate - that's so wonderful that you were able to spend time with your grandmother! Covid-19 sure put a roadblock in the path of our lives. It's great to hear people are able to start getting back to more normal lives.

MistyTerrain - mmmmmm, homemade chili! *salivating* It's been a long time since I made chili. My mouth can't handle anything spicy so I add in the tasty spices but keep the pepper ones really light. I like it that way, but I've found most people consider me a wimp! *LOL*

Melanie in Alaska

Emkl74

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

I told my child to go ahead and put the eggs in the pot....
Attachments
Eiertopf.jpeg
Eiertopf.jpeg (139.72 KiB) Viewed 360 times
Leader WächterderZeit, Facebookgroup DML-EMKL