Meet new Dragon Trainers, make friends and talk about non-dragon related topics!
no avatar

Iliamna

MVP

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Alaska

Share: Something Good That Happened Today

Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:59 am
Sometimes it's hard to stay happy and positive, with all the stress and negativity that has happened lately. Watching the news has become an exercise in emotional pain anymore.

So let's try to share, every day if you can, something good that happened to you that day - or even something you saw or heard that made you feel happy or positive. It can be something very small, or huge! You choose.

This is the intro, and I'm going to post my good thing in another post. Please join in! You can explain in detail, or give a one sentence happy post - just find your happy happening and share 

We'll all feel good together!

Melanie in Alaska
Joined DML the first week of March 2019
At last count: 605+ unique dragons!
Leader of the ANTI-VIKING CLAN

INTERESTED IN A NEW FORUM??
Send me a private message for information
on my new forum, where we can chat about
anything!

no avatar

Iliamna

MVP

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Alaska

It was warmer today, and when I let Khana out into the fenced back yard, I stood there looking out at the snow and then closed my eyes. The air smelled clean and fresh, and birds chirped cheerfully and rustled about in the trees. It felt so peaceful.

When I opened my eyes, Khana had walked out in the yard a bit and had stopped with her nose up, sniffing the clean air too. She likes to "check the news", as I call it. I went back in but she stayed outside for quite a while, which is good. She enjoys being out there when the weather warms.

That's my good thing today, and I guess Khana's good thing too!

Melanie in Alaska

anything!

Adam From Gameloft

Community Manager

Google Play (Android)

Today I packed my first few boxes in preparation for moving into the first house I'll have ever owned (as much as anyone can own a property while mortgaged that it). The packing wasn't the good thing that happened, but I suppose what it symbolises was.

SophieKate

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

I've been quite lacking in good things these last six months and really struggling with the isolation, so this will be a very good thread for me, to stop and think of one small good thing each day.

#1 📚 Today I've read a really good book, and escaped away into its world a few hours

Sannee

Apple (iOS)

Denmark

Today i planted four new trees in my garden with my fiance. Two cherries and two apple trees. This has been a major thing for me to get after we recently moved in to our big house. Finally, today, we went and got them and planted them together.
Mille was very facinated by all of it, and snacked on some roots before we realised it and stopped her. Cheeky little beast <3
:-*

MistyTerrain

Windows Phone

Good, I got to leave work early today. Don't ask about work though. :)

Nesi From Gameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Sannee wrote:
Today i planted four new trees in my garden with my fiance. Two cherries and two apple trees. This has been a major thing for me to get after we recently moved in to our big house. Finally, today, we went and got them and planted them together.
Mille was very facinated by all of it, and snacked on some roots before we realised it and stopped her. Cheeky little beast <3

I want a garden and I want to plant trees in it. It sounds so so good aaaaa you're living my dream life!!! 

I teach Hungarian to a small group of immigrants as a volunteer, and we had a very good class today :'> I'm always so nervous because I don't have a certificate/training in teaching Hungarian as a second language, and second language teaching is its own very challenging discipline and I'm totally unfamiliar with what to pay attention to. But things are pretty okay and I think the people in the group are okay with me?? Today we ran overtime (I'm normally super punctual) because someone had a question at 5:58 and I decided to answer it, and no one left or anything. So surely that's a good sign. 

But I'm super tired now and I'll spend the entire evening eating homemade popcorn and watching anime 8D I suppose that's a pretty good thing too 8DDD

Jen9

Windows PC

My cat Shadow decided the arm of a chair needed to be cleaned, so he licked it for a minute. Made me smile because he's such an id.iot sometimes but he's so fun to have as a pet and companion.

Then later I was poking around with interface customization in one of my computer's programs and I changed the font of everything to Comic Sans. I almost laughed out loud because of how funny everything looked compared to normal and I certainly kept that setting.
Recruitment code 66f3ac

Leader of clan Dragon Swagga on Windows EUR- looking for new members.

Lady Madonna

Google Play (Android)

Today, I  baked a scrumptious chocolate cake.
LADY MADONNA
MVP & UK Leader of WELWYN WYVERNS
English speaking clan, established December 2019.
We have spaces for additional active team players in our League 4/5 drama-free clan. Come and join us!
Code: d38967c
Discord: #7982 and #9863

Iliamna (Melanie in Alaska) has created a new Forum where we can chat about anything (including our favourite mythical creatures). Why not join us? PM Iliamna or me for more information. Hope to see you there.

no avatar

Iliamna

MVP

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Alaska

Lady Madonna, I'll be right there! Save me a huge slice ..LOL!

Today (well, yesterday now - officially night has turned into Saturday, but it's still Friday to this night owl) was a rough day. I had to really think about the day to find my happy thought.

But then I remembered when Khana woke up earlier and came over to me, with that "just woke up" ruffled, sleepy look on her face. I reached out my hand and instead of flinching (which she does at times due to being mostly blind, and having a sudden - to her - shadow appear), she leaned into my hand and started rubbing her head.

I used my fingertips to scratch the top of her head, while keeping my palm cupped so she could push her head into it. The whole time she was trying to lick any open flesh on my hand or arm that her tongue could get to. It was so silly and so much like how she was when younger that it made me laugh. 

Khana has always been one of those loving dogs, one that is a friend to everyone. As my Service Dog, she went everywhere with me and people loved her. If I had time, I'd pull off her service pack and give her the okay to visit. She actually had been through therapy dog training prior to Service Dog training (therapy dogs are the ones who visit people in hospitals, etc. while Service Dogs are taught behaviors to help someone with a disability). There were many people who looked forward to her visits as it gave them a nice relaxing break from the day's stress.

Keep finding those happy thoughts! It helps both yourself and others when you share them. We all need happiness, right?

Melanie

anything!