Meet new Dragon Trainers, make friends and talk about non-dragon related topics!

Lady Madonna

Google Play (Android)

I've been fully occupied with my garden this week and haven't had time to drop by to read or to say, "hi". So, apologies for that. Lots of good stuff happening outside and my back aches less this morning - that's definitely good!  :P
LADY MADONNA
MVP & UK Leader of WELWYN WYVERNS
English speaking clan, established December 2019.
We have spaces for additional active team players in our League 4/5 drama-free clan. Come and join us!
Code: d38967c
Discord: #7982 and #9863

INTERESTED IN A NEW FORUM??
Iliamna (Melanie in Alaska) has created a new Forum where we can chat about anything (including our favourite mythical creatures). Why not join us? PM Iliamna or me for more information. Hope to see you there.

LadyDraco

MVP

Windows PC

Me too LadyMadonna ...So glad  your  back is  not too bad...
Busy,  it a  planting sign, so I  have  been transplanting baby plants  into bigger  pots again.. 
I  did  leave  some  plants out last night  under  cover..I feared  that the  new  'coons  might have  distroyed  them but Nope ..
They left them alone... I'll leave  a few more  out tonight as  well... Our  noight temps  will start to llvl off ..
And  have  lows  in the  40's .. They can handle  that ...
I  have  over  500 plants  to get out of  the  house..  I  also need  to start more  seeds.. BUT need  the room LOL...
This  time  of  year gets  real crazy on the  farm...
That new  calf  is  still hanging in there .. SHe  has  passed  a few  milestones 4 weeks old..
That we  can now  say ,We  think  she'll make  it..
Attachments
mochancalf.JPG
mochancalf.JPG (94.58 KiB) Viewed 2395 times
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 
708 Happy Dragons on Islands
Always  looking for  active  ADULT players Only .
my code: aaa82c 
I always  gift ,at least every day .

Lady Madonna

Google Play (Android)

That's a lot of plants, Lady D.

I'm at least a month late this year.  No real excuse - just too many other things demanding my attention.  My tomatos only have their seedling leaves so far, so pricking out and potting on is still some way off.  Our nights are still cold, so I'm tucking them up in their propagators each evening.

Great news about your calf.  Hope things continue well.

So . . . my good news for the day is that our resident housemartins have returned today to their nests under the eaves of our house.  These same nests have been there since the early 1990s and they repair them every year.  I love it when they return from their winter sojourn in Africa and I've had a smile fixed on my face since the moment my husband first spotted them swooping above the house in their search for insects.
LADY MADONNA
We have spaces for additional active team players in our League 4/5 drama-free clan. Come and join us!

Iliamna (Melanie in Alaska) has created a new Forum where we can chat about anything (including our favourite mythical creatures). Why not join us? PM Iliamna or me for more information. Hope to see you there.

no avatar

Iliamna

MVP

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Alaska

I'm so glad to see some good things show up! Great news on your calf, LD! Always so scary when an animal is having trouble, but it sounds as if you've gotten your calf past the worst of it. Wonderful to hear!

Lady Madonna - ahhh, I've never seen martins in real but have seen videos of them on nature programs. Their swooping and darting through the air is so energetic, it must be fun to watch. What color are the martins that nest at your (historic) home?

And kudos to both of you for the planting! New growth in the spring is such a renewal, you can't help but feel good about it. I am way behind on getting the begonias started. They're my Mom's flowers, but they were left with me and somehow became my responsibility! *LOL*  And I've been scattered this spring, not getting things done on time.

I could really use more positive in my life right now, so if anyone has other good things to share I'd love to read them. They don't have to be big things. I will try to respond but please don't feel bad if I don't. I will definitely read them.

Melanie in Alaska
Joined DML the first week of March 2019
At last count: 605+ unique dragons!
Leader of the ANTI-VIKING CLAN

Send me a private message for information
on my new forum, where we can chat about
anything!

Emkl74

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Since I rather didn't get around to it, so today. I am very happy that the raised bed is ready for use. I grow the plants myself.
Attachments
IMG_20210426_172606.jpg
IMG_20210426_172606.jpg (1.35 MiB) Viewed 1993 times
Leader WächterderZeit, Facebookgroup DML-EMKL

Sannee

Apple (iOS)

Denmark

Wow, impressive, Manu <3 What are you growing?
:-*

Lady Madonna

Google Play (Android)

Iliamna wrote:
Lady Madonna - ahhh, I've never seen martins in real but have seen videos of them on nature programs. Their swooping and darting through the air is so energetic, it must be fun to watch. What color are the martins that nest at your (historic) home?

Melanie in Alaska

I suppose our house is a bit historic by some standards.  Originally built in 1904.  

The house martins are blue and white House Martin Bird Facts | Delichon Urbica - The RSPB.
Here's a pic from a few years ago showing a couple of the babies in the nest with a returning parent or helper.
Attachments
House-martins.jpg
House-martins.jpg (86.48 KiB) Viewed 1932 times
LADY MADONNA

Emkl74

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Oh, Lady Madonna, they are so sweet.

Oh Sanne, everything I can think of goes in there. I have already sown radishes and carrots. Tomatoes are growing in the house, I have the seeds from last year. Then I have peas, courgettes, aubergine, pumpkin and chilli in the nursery. But first I have to wait for the ice saints.
Oh yes, and melon from last year.
Leader WächterderZeit, Facebookgroup DML-EMKL

Michelle123

Windows PC

USA

I got to see my daughter who lives in CA and have lunch with her. First time in 2 years because of the pandemic. Such a wonderful thing :)
We went out to a very nice lunch and shared some time together. <3
Discord Name M'Chelle#9832
Fighting Dragons - LVL 98 all 8* plus sigils Freyja | Ho'Mala| Fall | IK'EZ | Aphrodite | LOKI |Garden | Pangu
595 unique dragons
Playing 2 years

LadyDraco

MVP

Windows PC

That's a  great shot !!
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 
708 Happy Dragons on Islands
Always  looking for  active  ADULT players Only .
my code: aaa82c 
I always  gift ,at least every day .