Meet new Dragon Trainers, make friends and talk about non-dragon related topics!

cryscryb

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:47 am
@Sanne, what an amazing, challenging but rewarding job! Also wish I could knit. Like Melanie I like to collect skills and competencies for the sake of mastering new things and exploring new knowledge. I don't see myself as intelligent (INTJs have a personality quirk in tending to view intelligence as being fluid and applied, so a constant process of gathering and application as well as there being different types of intelligence, though we fully recognize and appreciate these in others). Knitting is one that always eluded me though--I always giggle about this with glee. It's something about the tension never being right. Imagine one side being horribly shorter than the other due to lousy tension LOL. ;D Everything comes out crooked and goofy and it makes me grin and laugh like a bandit heheheeheh... so, I admire people's knitting skill. If we ever for some strange reason lost the means of mass production... I'd be trading other skills with the folks that can help to make clothes, blankets and such lol XD.

@Mormor and Manu, I find your English to be excellent (better than mine most days). 
@Nesi... YES! A green thumb I can ask how to revive some of my struggling plants! (It's only one or two) lol. 
@Adam thanks for sharing your Meyers-Briggs type!

@Melanie, I find it very interesting too. My last organization was big on doing some formal evaluation of the different personality typings, I find it can sometimes help to understand other's communication styles and thinking types. :D Or, even if the science is not completely there, there are some useful tools that can come with this.
Iliamna
I'm really enjoying all the intros! Thanks to each of you for sharing a bit of your lives with us.

It's kind of sad that people need to be concerned about what they share online, but I understand completely if you choose to keep info limited. I've met some really great people online, some I then met and spent time with in real life. But I've also seen some very scary people online and I wouldn't want to share info with them and certainly would be calling the police immediately if they showed up at my home! So just share what you're comfortable with. 

Cryscryb- about 30 years ago, give or take a decade, I took personality tests and had all my characteristics mapped out. It's been so long now that I've forgotten what I am!  LOL But it was all really interesting.

I went through a bunch of different tests, but all I really remember is my IQ and that I'm basically mid-way between being a right or left brain person. As far as my IQ, I consider myself "stupidly intelligent" - meaning I have an extremely high IQ but never had enough ambition to use it properly. Mostly it has shown in my constant quest for new knowledge which led to me having a LOT of different jobs in my life, and having the guys at the fishing lodge (one of my many lives) call me a Renaissance woman because I seemed able to do anything.

Of course, that was all BIGS (Before I Got Sick). Life changed after that.

LD, I remember seeing the photo of you and your bike before! Still find it impressive. And WOW, the number of miles you've put on your bikes proves your enjoyment of riding! I have to admit, I've always had a secret wish to ride a motorcycle, but after both of my brothers beat themselves up playing around dirt bike riding, I just never got around to it. It's still on my bucket list, but tucked down at the bottom along with "drive a big rig".

Those of you from other countries are really fun for me to read about. That's one of the things I've always loved about the internet. When I first got online in 1997, I found a chat room and started spending time there. I ended up being pretty good friends with a woman in Australia and another in S.Africa. In many ways our lives were similar, but in others they were far different in part just because of where we each lived. So thanks for sharing your lives and helping me to expand mine!

Whew, I'm fading now! Keep up the great intros, everyone!
Melanie in Alaska

PinkSkipper

Google Play (Android)

Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:27 am
@Adam thank you for the welcome! that's very nice of you

@Nesi yes ofcourse I can show you a picture! :) I am very proud to show of my boy <3

ImageImage

SophieKate

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:47 pm
@Nesi - your houseplants look awesome 😍 I tried to have houseplants once, but my cat/tiger destroyed them!

@Jen9 - living in Florida sounds like living in a jungle! Aligators!! 😯
Your chillies sound cool, I don't have the climate to grow anything exotic like that but I do have a good bed of strawberries  🍓

viking99

Windows PC

Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:35 pm
Hello guys, I'm Surya. (My name means sun in snskrit). 
I'm originally belongs to mountains of Nepal but lives in Europe since a decade. I like to live in different countries. I was in France for 4 years, Italy for 1 year, Romania for 1 year, Serbia 6 months, and currently in Poland( since 4 years)..
I'm Financial analyst by profession but traveller by passion. I'm not a big fan of video games but I do play sometimes, mostly after lockdown. I can speak Nepali, English and French ,( Polish and Japanese are in progress). I like dog and horse, I don't have both but my current neighbor have.  :D  Probably she will teach me horse riding. ;)

I just read your intro and it was cool to know about you.

viking99

Windows PC

Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:06 am
PinkSkipper wrote:
I really love animals and I have a dog and a horse. 

I'm wondering if you're my neighbour xD. Just kidding.

Nesi From Gameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:25 pm
cryscryb wrote:
@Nesi... YES! A green thumb I can ask how to revive some of my struggling plants! (It's only one or two) lol. 

Haha, well, it depends on what they are! (Feel free to share a picture, I might recognize them straight away or you can use an app like PlantNet to identify them!) 

The rule of thumb with houseplants is that, well, they need more light than you think. 
So, say, in any site detailing the care of monstera deliciosa (the plant-star of Instagram these days...) you'll find that it is happy in shade. The truth is it can survive just fine in shade. But it actually does enjoy many hours of direct sunlight -- unless you live in Florida-like climates and just generally closer to the equator, haha. 

The other rule of thumb is that the light your plant receives is in direct balance with its water intake. Less light? Water it less. More light? You can water it more. This is the reason why in winter we water our plants less. They can't process the water due to less light, so they'll start to rot instead. Oof. :< 

PS: I am not a fan of succulents and personally have only 1-2 of them. They're very unsatisfying plants to me, and I'm not a huge expert on them -- they have quite specific needs! So idk that much about them. :) 

Also I did the personality test again (I forgot my results from the last time I did it), I'm INFJ-T, apparently. So you and I have the I, N and T parts in common! I'm impressed with your assertive A, it's something I'm working really hard to master. It's unfortunate that your society has a hard time with this personality trait as you say... I guess introvertism is often misunderstood as well.
no avatar

Iliamna

MVP

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Alaska

Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:24 pm
Welcome, Surya! What a beautiful name.

I read the posts by people for whom English is a second language, and even though there may belittle mistakes it's easy to understand everything written. That is really impressive to me! I'm glad to see those posts here, and to have people from many countries sharing what they can.

Surya, I find it amazing that you have lived so many places, and in so many countries! I've lived in Alaska nearly my entire life, was born here and love it. Canada is next door, and I've been there many times. Usually driving through to get to the lower 48  United States, but also to go to dog shows in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. And I've been to Mexico twice, when I was married. Snorkeling in the Sea of Cortez was pretty amazing.

Keep them coming! I like getting to know everyone!

Melanie in Alaska
Joined DML the first week of March 2019
At last count: 605+ unique dragons!
Leader of the ANTI-VIKING CLAN

INTERESTED IN A NEW FORUM??
Send me a private message for information
on my new forum, where we can chat about
anything!

viking99

Windows PC

Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:25 pm
Thank you Melanie  :)

It's really nice to know people from different countries. I'm not so good when it comes to writting so I just visit forum and read posts but rarely comment. But I enjoy being here  a)

Sannee

Apple (iOS)

Denmark

Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:16 pm
Its going great for you, viking. I mean, the writing part ;-)
But we are happy to hear that you enjoy being here and are comfortable enough to write. Thats why this board was created.
:-*

ChoopTwisk

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:05 am
Hi everyone,
It's Abdul, like many others I rarely post and hardly have the free time to post or read page-long posts :/, but I keep an eye on the forum every now n then for suggestions and new(?) features/events.

Abdul in Pakistan, summer is here already and it looks like it's hotter than ever, all my family's already tanned :s