Meet new Dragon Trainers, make friends and talk about non-dragon related topics!

cryscryb

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:42 pm
Amazing pic LD! Awesome wheels too (the color is fab, I'm super envious) and love your shirt too! This is somehow so fitting to how I pictured you.

Is it a trike right? I'm more envious lol. That would be perfect.

Moon Rabbit

Windows PC

Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:29 pm
Moon Rabbit. The earth will tremble before my might.
The earth will tremble before the might of Moon Rabbit
add me code: e0ef3

MistyTerrain

Windows Phone

Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:16 am
Like the bike, LD. Misty Terrain, long time gamer including DML obviously but also Pokemon, several RPGs and my favorite game Red Dragon Inn. Have a partner and a weird but amazing relationship, a tuxedo cat who still thinks she's a kitten even at her advanced age. Otherwise, I like to read especially comics and historical stuff and having fun with people.

moromor28

Google Play (Android)

Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:37 am
Iliamna wrote:
moronic28, I love your introduction! So interesting to see how varied your interests are. I also do hand craft work, primarily working with beads and wire but also some embroidery. I've acquired a small kiln to do glass work (like small ornaments or focal points for jewelry) and I'm looking forward to playing with that.

By the way, your English is very good! I admire people who speak or understand more than one language. I just bought some books on Latin, and will be studying those. So many languages and words are based on Latin words. And since I write, I have some ideas on a "language" specific to some of my characters, and it will be based on Latin

Thanks, Melanie!! A small kiln? Seems very interesting! I've seen a lot of intersting things on the internet that are made of glass. 
   About my English. I sometimes check what I wrote in Google translate. Іf it understands me, then it's not so bad, haha. 
   And about Spanish. Very beautiful and interesting. But I need more time, sometimes I want to be able to slow down time to have extra time to do more things I want.  Haha. I just remembered about the movie "Groundhog Day".      Latin is very beautiful language as well. And very intersting! My granmother learned it, she worked as a doctor. When I was a little one she told me a lot of words in Latin. Unfortunately I don't remember this anymore. I hope learning this language will be easy for you :)

And very nice to see more posts here.  LD, you are very cool!  I admire you !!
Level-160
705 unique dragons
Started: 26 January 2019
Platform: Android EUR
Team members: Baha'jir, Oyar, Koth'ez,Lysk,  Momo'tu, Chang'E, Osiris, Love, Hermes, VerdrakeHellion (all 90 lvl and 8*)
Code:45518d0

SophieKate

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:22 am
Hi! Just found the new board! There is such a huge variation of interesting people on here, so nice to get to know people in a nice non-judgemental place, where we can share our hobbies and interests and find things in common 💜
My name is Sophie, as you may have guessed! I live in England, which is very stereotypically dreary and rainy ☔ at the moment. I live in a rural part in the South by the side of a river so there is quite a lot of flooding around me! I love walking my dogs in the woodland it's my absolute favourite thing in the world to watch the season's change and all the wildlife around me living natural lives, deer, foxes, hares, owls and such 🐿. I am a chef in a pub restaurant, so work a lot of antisocial hours, but love my job creating and cooking lots of nice things for people to eat 🍲, though it can be tough at times. In my spare time when not playing dml, I like reading most of all 📚 but also love drawing and sewing.
Attachments
received_396020108269226.jpeg
received_396020108269226.jpeg (1.38 MiB) Viewed 268 times
no avatar

Iliamna

MVP

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Alaska

Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:12 am
I'm really enjoying all the intros! Thanks to each of you for sharing a bit of your lives with us.

It's kind of sad that people need to be concerned about what they share online, but I understand completely if you choose to keep info limited. I've met some really great people online, some I then met and spent time with in real life. But I've also seen some very scary people online and I wouldn't want to share info with them and certainly would be calling the police immediately if they showed up at my home! So just share what you're comfortable with. 

Cryscryb- about 30 years ago, give or take a decade, I took personality tests and had all my characteristics mapped out. It's been so long now that I've forgotten what I am!  LOL But it was all really interesting.

I went through a bunch of different tests, but all I really remember is my IQ and that I'm basically mid-way between being a right or left brain person. As far as my IQ, I consider myself "stupidly intelligent" - meaning I have an extremely high IQ but never had enough ambition to use it properly. Mostly it has shown in my constant quest for new knowledge which led to me having a LOT of different jobs in my life, and having the guys at the fishing lodge (one of my many lives) call me a Renaissance woman because I seemed able to do anything.

Of course, that was all BIGS (Before I Got Sick). Life changed after that.

LD, I remember seeing the photo of you and your bike before! Still find it impressive. And WOW, the number of miles you've put on your bikes proves your enjoyment of riding! I have to admit, I've always had a secret wish to ride a motorcycle, but after both of my brothers beat themselves up playing around dirt bike riding, I just never got around to it. It's still on my bucket list, but tucked down at the bottom along with "drive a big rig".

Those of you from other countries are really fun for me to read about. That's one of the things I've always loved about the internet. When I first got online in 1997, I found a chat room and started spending time there. I ended up being pretty good friends with a woman in Australia and another in S.Africa. In many ways our lives were similar, but in others they were far different in part just because of where we each lived. So thanks for sharing your lives and helping me to expand mine!

Whew, I'm fading now! Keep up the great intros, everyone!

Melanie in Alaska
Joined DML the first week of March 2019
At last count: 605+ unique dragons!
Leader of the ANTI-VIKING CLAN

INTERESTED IN A NEW FORUM??
Send me a private message for information
on my new forum, where we can chat about
anything!

Sannee

Apple (iOS)

Denmark

Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:16 am
Hiii guys
I dont think it is a secret, but i love this thread. Getting to know you guys is higly appreciated. But now it is my turn.

My name is Sanne, not with two e’s as my forumname shows. I created this name when i got my first iPhone many years ago. I dont remember why, but my gamecenter name has always been like this.

Im 29 years old, soon 30!!! Yep. It sounds weird to say. Am i really 30 soon???
I live in Denmark with my fiance. We recently bought a big house in a small country side. I moved from the big city and i still find it strange. Theres no noice at night. Completely silent and dark at night. I have always been a city girls since i lived there my whole live untill now.

I am a nurse, and have been for 4 years. I work at a unit called NICU. We take care of premature babies down to 23 weeks and up to 3 months. The fact that i dont know what is gonna happen at a shift at work drives me. One night we can have the most quite time at work with 18 babies, and the next day we can have 25 babies with one of them being a 24 weeker. Those babies that small requires two nurses in the beginning. So it can be hectic, but i still love it.

I have no human kids (lol), but i have my adorable Mille. Shes my baby. My world. Shes the most caring and playfull dog in the world. Mille is a pure breed cavalier king charles spaniel. Shes 8 months old. She follows my around and likes to sleep next or on me all the time.

Its not a secret that i love dragons. I have always been facinated by them. Have some of you played Skyrim? When i was a kid i loved dinosaurs. At that time i didnt know dragons exited and was a thing. Pokemons is also a thing i love. I love the creatures like the dragons in DML.
My fiance found this game for me a year ago, and i have been hooked ever since. I dont play anything else. Im not a typically nerd, but my fiance is. He has played everything on Playstation and his gamer laptop. You just name a game and i am sure i know of it.
When i dont play dml, i knit. Yeah, i am a knitter. Its peacefull and meditating to do so. I can knit most things.

Is there more to say about me? Ask, and i will try to answer <3
Attachments
68E40880-790B-40DD-8C93-6AB0B495D8C6.jpeg
68E40880-790B-40DD-8C93-6AB0B495D8C6.jpeg (96.77 KiB) Viewed 264 times
:-*

zhiangseanwang

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:37 pm
Hi guys! Sean here from Beijing.
Bye.
CHN server, ID 5b98f2

LadyDraco

MVP

Windows PC

Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:54 pm
cryscryb wrote:
Amazing pic LD! Awesome wheels too (the color is fab, I'm super envious) and love your shirt too! This is somehow so fitting to how I pictured you.

Is it a trike right? I'm more envious lol. That would be perfect.

Yuppers  a  Valk Trike... I  did  the 2 wheels... But I  love  my trikes..They can be  like  little  tanks ,to a  point ...
I can go to a sam's  or Costco..and  put everything in the  hatch back..
Thanks  One  of  my fav shirts too...
My Hubby rides  2 wheel valks...  

I love  the  pic  of  every one  with their  pets  !!!! claps...
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 
708 Happy Dragons on Islands
Always  looking for  active  ADULT players Only .
my code: aaa82c 
I always  gift ,at least every day .

randradomgon

Google Play (Android)

Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:32 pm
hi all!  I love hearing about everyone here!  I'm late in my 30's, I live on the east coast of the US, I work as a lab tech, and I'm married with 2 young kids. And a cat.  She is 15, deaf from birth (but still can be quite vocal, which I've always found hilarious), white with 1 blue eye and 1 yellow-green eye, and the softest fur I've ever felt.  My mom has said she's not a cat, she's a pillow. :)  Her favorite hobby seems to be finding new places to nap, which I find interesting to track. (that's my cat's favorite hobby, not my mom's :) )
I'm INFP by the Meyers-Briggs scale; my top 5 strengths according to Strengths-Finder are Intellection, Adaptability, Futuristic, Strategic, and Connectedness; according to DiSC, my behavior style is CS; and according to Basadur, my problem-solving style is Conceptualizing.  I encountered all of these via team-building stuff with my work.  And I think I like these for the same reason I like role-playing games systems and character creation: they're like models of reality and people, and I like comparing the models to reality and seeing how they offer different perspectives.
I love dragons, and I've drawn countless pictures over the years, and for a while I was making them out of colorful pipe cleaners.  I like collecting the dragons on DML, and I like the strategy considerations with the element/skill/sigil combinations.  I have yet to ascend any dragons, because to ascend them you have to let them leave the nest, and once they have a name, I feel a sentimental attachment.  So any duplicates I don't want, I sell without letting them get named.  For duplicate names, I started adding an extra letter, following the alphabet.  My most common duplicate names by far are Bela and Soar.  Almost halfway through the alphabet for both.
Can I teach my dragons to grow food?
Though I guess that could be awkward for the fruit-type dragons.  Wouldn't want to mix that up...