Meet new Dragon Trainers, make friends and talk about non-dragon related topics!
no avatar

Iliamna

MVP

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Alaska

Introduce Yourself!

Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:48 am
Hi all! This thread is a "get to know each other" thread. I encourage you to share only what you feel comfortable sharing. No real personal information, please. No addresses, emails, etc. 

This is what I feel comfortable sharing with everyone: My name is Melanie, and I have lived in Alaska for nearly my entire life. I was born here, the third of what would turn out to be five kids. Living in Alaska is different than most of the rest of the United States. It's a huge state with a very small population, and with very little daylight in winter and very little dark in the summers, it's not an easy place for many people to adapt to. But, of course, it's what I'm used to.

I have a Bachelor's degree in Music and taught private lessons for many years. But my heart's passion is animals. I've studied animal behavior thoroughly, working first with sled dogs, then horses for many years before coming back to dogs in a new direction, studying how to work with the dog and owner to build the strongest and most trusting relationship possible. I taught obedience classes, everything from Puppy Kindergarten to Basic and Advanced Obedience and even Competition Obedience, all levels. With my own dogs, I earn 35+ titles in various performance-type events.

When I started having pain problems, I flared up so badly I was bedridden for the most of three months, and found out I have an autoimmune disease, where the immune system - for no known reason - goes haywire and starts attacking healthy parts of your body. It pretty much ended my life as I knew it. Now my only dog is my 16 year old Chow, former competition dog turned Service Dog. Khana is blind and deaf but she trusts me, and as long as my hand is on her back she'll follow me anywhere. Right now we're in the garage. Khana came in from the very snowy back yard, and I'm pedaling on the Cubii while I type.

I should stop here, I think!  LOL  Khana is starting to chew on a stick from boredom, and I think I caught Adam in a quick yawn. Please feel free to share about your own life - be as long as I am or be brief, it's up to you! 

And WELCOME to the General Chat Forum!

Melanie in Alaska
Joined DML the first week of March 2019
At last count: 605+ unique dragons!
Leader of the ANTI-VIKING CLAN

Love the Dragons, hate the tedious wait times!

moromor28

Google Play (Android)

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:48 am
Hi to all!  I'm from Ukraine.  I live near the mountains called the Carpathians in the suburbs of a small town.  The weather in our area is very, very different.  In winter it can be -30 and more, and in summer +40 ° C.  Honestly, I don't like winter at all.  I don't like to feel cold.  Brrrr.  We have a very picturesque nature, especially if you climb higher into the mountains.
  We also have our own special and very ancient culture.  I love living here, although it is economically and politically difficult to live in my country.  But if you work and try your best, it's not so bad.  I now work as a florist.  That's really what I like.  I work in a big city and because of this I often travel by different kinds of transport.  However, it is worth it.  After all, I love my job (except for Valentine's Day and Women's Day, then I hate my job, lol), especially since my bosses say that I am one of the best in our city (haha, these are not my words).  However, this is not my only one hobby.
     I used to love math, I took part in many competitions.  Because of this, my education is related to math, I am an accountant by education.  And I was engaged in academic vocals for quite a long time.  I liked it very much.  But the lessons were expensive and the circumstances of life were such that I left it.  And I'm very sorry about that, because I have pretty good skills in this.  I also like to do things with my own hands.  I often sew clothes or draw (very rarely because I have little time for it) or embroider. 
    Now in my free time I study languages.  English is not bad enough, I think, at least I watch movies in English without problems.  There is still a lot of work to be done on grammar, so if you see mistakes, I apologize for that.  I started learning Spanish, I always wanted to try it, haha.  But so far it is very, very difficult for me. 
    And I have one more hobby.  I'm a very big fan of Star Wars.  I'm collecting Star Wars clothes.  I got over then 50 t-shirts. And I love dragons, as you may have noticed.  For 2 years the game has become my passion and I love it very much!
      It will be a great pleasure to get to know you better.  Have a nice day everyone!  Melanie, thank you for such a wonderful thread :)
Level-160
705 unique dragons
Started: 26 January 2019
Platform: Android EUR
Team members: Baha'jir, Oyar, Koth'ez,Lysk,  Momo'tu, Chang'E, Osiris, Love, Hermes, VerdrakeHellion (all 90 lvl and 8*)
Code:45518d0

The Fire Guardian

Google Play (Android)

Re: Introduce Yourself

Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:41 am
Hi!I am Ahem Garg.Here are some details 'bout me•I use The Fire Guardian name on digital stuff•I am bit nerdy,get A+ almost always,love Paleontology
•Wanna be a Paleontologist when I grow up•I an from Ambala City,Ambala,Haryana,India
no avatar

Iliamna

MVP

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Alaska

Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:15 pm
moronic28, I love your introduction! So interesting to see how varied your interests are. I also do hand craft work, primarily working with beads and wire but also some embroidery. I've acquired a small kiln to do glass work (like small ornaments or focal points for jewelry) and I'm looking forward to playing with that.

By the way, your English is very good! I admire people who speak or understand more than one language. I just bought some books on Latin, and will be studying those. So many languages and words are based on Latin words. And since I write, I have some ideas on a "language" specific to some of my characters, and it will be based on Latin.

The Fire Guardian - welcome! Are you playing Dragon Mania Legends? You're welcome to chat here, but if you're playing the game you might find the Discussion area interesting as many aspects of the game are talked about there.

Hope to see more people introducing themselves soon!

Melanie in Alaska
Joined DML the first week of March 2019
At last count: 605+ unique dragons!
Leader of the ANTI-VIKING CLAN

Love the Dragons, hate the tedious wait times!

Airbender1505

Google Play (Android)

Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:16 pm
Okay, so I'm a bit uncomfortable sharing my IRL info... but I can share these :

I go by the name of "Silver_wings" in almost all online communities I'm a part of.
I'm a digital artist (i guess)... still learning and perfecting my skills.
I'm a bit of a nerd, love reading stories about mythologies, pagan culture, mythical creatures, etc.
I love mountains... sea does not appeal to me.
I study plants(botanist) and aiming to be a professor soon :) 

now for some fun content :
I am married online, to a cat, and my cat husband is very smart and also plays DML.
I got called "s*x" by a child and now my online identity is that "I'm s*x"

more info :
Birthday: May 15th
Star sign: Taurus
Spirit Animal: Owl (the reason for my bird craze)
Favorite Color: Blue, Lilac
Favorite gemstone: Larimar

I guess that's enough for now :)
Silver_Wings
Fanart Club
Dragon Trainer since July 2017 
683 dragons collected so far <3
Fav Dragons: Hermes, Gemini Twins, Zodiac, Ice Feather, (all future wind ancient dragons lol) 

cryscryb

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:04 pm
I'm not huge on sharing personal info either but totally appreciate the introductions. I've been doing a lot of thinking on this lately to better understand myself.
  • Canadian here, sorry!
  •  Formally classified INTJ-A - again, sorry lol. (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging--Assertive, vs opposites Extroverted, Sensing, Feeling, Perceiving--Turbulent). Being an assertive INTJ female is hard in my current culture, I don't handle it well. People think I'm intentionally assertive--not so, this is just who/how I am, sorry, but come what may (always got my eye on getting things done--INTJ). Funny part is how relaxed and comical I am in person lol. 
  •  A huge nerd, I'm not happy unless I'm chewing on some problem that can be solved and/or learning something even small random stuff--brings me joy!
  •  Can steamroll without realizing I'm doing it, not intentional, too focused on the above^ sorry lol. 
  •  Love working with my hands making creative, nerdy or shiny things. I make things for random people who do cool stuff for others or bring joy because I think it's a rare gift that deserves appreciation. 
  •  Retriring (young) due to MS, oddly the best thing that happened to me, a giant kick in the rear to sort priorities and live a good life... wish it had cured my INTJ-A lol.
  • Believe there's always something we can do to make our lives better, just a matter of finding and mastering it.
  •  Terrible at writing but try hard (word and number blindness randomly). I view weird physical things that happen to me as interesting scientific phenomena to analyze and observe... Like a member of a strange club that gets a different sensory experience of the world and find it endlessly fascinating (because INTJ). E.g., When the world went washed out grey-ish, with a complete absence of red, and black around the edges... this was like being in a movie with special effects applied. I want to do an art installtion or speaker series about it... but no energy and travel is hard--got a pin in it.
  • Swing between achievement and procrastination and my INTJ makes me analyze non-stop like a hummingbird's wings, which can be irritating and insensitive to others--sorry lol. Add a bit of aspie in there lol. 
  •  Often when it looks like I'm disagreeing I'm actually rapidly testing an idea because I think it has merit... unfortunately it doesn't translate this way because I get analysis blindness, and, poor INTJ communication lol. 
  •  I get strange joy out of finding solutions or unique ways to view the world--makes my heart sing! 
  •  People in my inner circle see a fiercely loyal, caring, sensitive and appreciative person... though always a strong unrelenting analysis too (because joy)--Still learning to set this aside but it's hard. I have a lot of flaws and I'm largely a private person but another joy in life is helping with solutions despite these.
  •  Am passionate about things because life is short, often this is misinterpreted. I tend to dismiss it because come what may. Probably doesn't help, but, my energy is too limited to tackle this stuff.
  •  In my daily life I prioritize smelling roses and doing deep dives into curious things because I believe we only get one kick at the can (at least this time around) lol.
  • I love reading people's insightful analysis and learning from it. I admire and appreciate folks that bring a logical consistent line of thought into any conversation--total fan over here!

Sannee

Apple (iOS)

Denmark

Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:53 am
I like that it is only the ppl i knew was gonna introduce themselfs in this thread. Where are the others? Lol.
I have been awol for a couple of days. I was at the hospital and came home with alot of pain and some morphine. So i just sleeped. But im back now.

I just have to think about what im gonna write. Thanks Melanie for making this thread. You know we talked about it.
And i still think we need more ppl to open up a little. I would love to get to know more of the forum users. Ofc the returning ones.
:-*

Emkl74

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:40 am
Hello everyone, I would like to introduce myself. I think one or the other is already waiting for it. 
I'm from Germany and I don't speak English. I have given up trying to learn it. I always use a translator. 
I just don't have the time for it, with 5 children it's certainly understandable. 
Anyway, I also have a youtube channel. I post videos on DML there. 
When I'm not playing, I'm a housewife and mother. That also takes up a lot of time. But anyway. 
When my time allows, I knit socks for the kids. Preferably rainbow-coloured.
Leader WächterderZeit, Facebookgroup DML-EMKL

Sannee

Apple (iOS)

Denmark

Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:36 pm
Yay, finally you are on board, Emkl :-D
:-*

LadyDraco

MVP

Windows PC

Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:56 pm
Howdy ya'll   .. Lets  see  I  have  been living in Virginia  for 30+ yrs...
Married for  40 yrs  this  year ..NO kids.. Critters  are my life  both large  and small...
In my youth I  worked  with a  vet .. 
I  have  ridden a  motorcycle  all over  the  USA  on the  one  in the  photo . But Ak. Sorry Melanie...
Was  heading there  back in '08 . Timing went all wrong..  
I  ride  a  Valkyrie  aka  "Dragon" ...Yeah I like  dragons.. 
THis  is  pic  below  is  my  TheBeast .. I  had  just finished  rebuilding the  clutch  (that took me  months) ..
And  it was  that important test ride.. I was  so happy with my work....
He's  closing in on 200k.. My other  Valk. TheBlack  is  closing in on 150K ..
Attachments
Itfeelsgood.jpg
Itfeelsgood.jpg (86.82 KiB) Viewed 900 times
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 
699 Happy Dragons on Islands
Always  looking for  active  ADULT players Only .
my code: aaa82c 
I always  gift ,at least every day .