Meet new Dragon Trainers, make friends and talk about non-dragon related topics!

Nesi From Gameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:10 pm
I really appreciate this thread - as someone relatively new to this community, it's super helpful to me :> 

I'm Nesi. It's my IRL nickname, too, and is  actually pronounced Neshi, but I don't mind either way. 

I think the most important thing about me is that I'm a diehard social scientist. If I could I would research how humans live in social groups 24/7. I have a degree in sociology, and a specialization one in progress, and I really want to do a PhD one day. It's just not easy to get there and I'm still quite young (26), so I'm on this 'getting experience in the world' track as well. 

I have a lot in common with some of you in this thread, for example I am also married like randradomgon, I also have a dog like Sanne and Melanie (my dog is called Hestia, she is a rescue so idk her breed), I'm a huge fan of hiking & nature like Sophie, and I am a total mythology nerd like Airbender. I specialize in Greek, Nordic and Slavic mythology, and particularly Tolkien's stuff, haha - let me know if you like any of these ;) 

Other than these, some other stuff I like: 
* hamsters / rodent pets 
* Metroidvania games 
* I really like anime/manga ehehe
* languages - I speak English and Hungarian pretty well, and I really wanna get better at Swedish and German which I also speak. Also French is evil. 
* HOUSEPLANTS. Attached is a picture of my most recent purchase, a dracaena - in English it's called dragon tree! :3 

I think that covers a lot of what I spend my day on. So so so nice to read about y'all! <3
Attachments
20210316_130117.jpg
20210316_130117.jpg (312.26 KiB) Viewed 149 times

Emkl74

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:13 pm
oh, Nesi, the plant looks great.
We could yes open an area here where you can write in German and / or Danish.
Sanne speaks Danish, I speak German.
Leader WächterderZeit, Facebookgroup DML-EMKL

Sannee

Apple (iOS)

Denmark

Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:57 pm
Emkl is right. I speak danish, Nesi. I can also speak norwegian and a little swedish. Most scandinavian languages sound and look alike.
I took german at highschool, but i couldnt figure it out. The gramma and ways to pronounce it. So yes, please. We could make a thread about this. Great idea, Emkl <3
:-*

PinkSkipper

Google Play (Android)

Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:45 pm
Hi there!
it's nice to read more about all the other users here. I've been silently reading some posts for a while but I never actually posted anything here, so I guess this is a good topic to get a bit more familiar.

I am studying to be a veterinarian assistant. At the moment I spent a lot of my time just studying but thats ok because I really love the work that I'll be able to do when I'm done! I hope to finish end of this year and finally really go to work and be able to afford an appartment for myself :) I really love animals and I have a dog and a horse. I love going outdoors just to clear my mind and see nature. 

I haven't played DML in a year, I redownloaded it last week and instantly I was hooked again!
I noticed that there have been a lot of changes and new things tho so I'm really trying to find my way back and understand all the new features. I am really strugling to find a good team which is worth upgrading, so if anyone has any tips for me that would be really helpfull!
I added a picture of my current top dragons just in case anyone want to give me some tips! (I know it's a bit of a mess haha)Image

Nesi From Gameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:12 pm
Emkl74 wrote:
oh, Nesi, the plant looks great.
We could yes open an area here where you can write in German and / or Danish.
Sanne speaks Danish, I speak German.

That'd be pretty fun actually :0 
It takes me ages to put together a functioning sentence in German! 

German is so cool though. Just the other day when I was reading the Wikipedia article of psychologist Alice Miller, I was swooning about how much better the word 'Schweigemauer' sounds than .. wall of silence. :D :D 

Sanne, I bingewatched the entire Rita series on Netflix (and loved it) (it's in Danish) and I felt very happy when I understood words and stuff!!! 

@PinkSkipper: a horse wow :0 That's so nice. Wanna show a picture of your horse? <3 
The only horse I ever had is called Tracey. It's my first horse in Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. xD (Surely digital horses matter too?)

MistyTerrain

Windows Phone

Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:39 pm
Hestia...oh the Greek geek in me loves that.

I don't do well with other languages but my other half knows several including Russian and Japanese.

Sannee

Apple (iOS)

Denmark

Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:03 pm
Omg, why didnt you tell me this before, Nesi? :D I looooove Rita. And you watched it in danish. Impressive. Im proud.

Do you remember any danish word? Dont mind the spelling, i can read in anyway. Could be funny to see you write in danish. Heheh.
I havent come across any forum users that speaks danish yet btw.

Adam From Gameloft

Community Manager

Google Play (Android)

Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:12 pm
Hi everyone. I'm not going to say much since I expect most of you know who I am at this point (except to say that I'm ENTP, the 'Debater' - probably what makes me well-suited to this job!).

Anywho, I just wanted to say hello to PinkSkipper! The whole reason we decided to set up this General Chat board was to have a space for other DML players to get to know each other and hopefully to give people an opportunity to say hello without having to jump straight into the serious talk about dragons! The idea was enough for Sannee to stop lurking, and now it seems the same has happened for you PinkSkipper. Happy to have you with us. 

(and to all you other lurkers, come on, say hello! 😉)

Sannee

Apple (iOS)

Denmark

Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:22 pm
Lol, Adam :-D
I am glad you can use me as an example to make more lurkers come out.
The funny thing is (this is for the lurkers), that it isnt that bad. Most of it is imagination before writing your first post. As you get the hang of it pretty quickly, it easily becomes natural to write and respond.

We are really sweet and most forum users are so nice and welcoming. I have even made new friends in here. The amount of help and eagerness to check if there is something new makes it all more fun and joyfull. I mean, look how far i have become. I am now a DML Community Coordinator for the general chat forum. All it took was one post. One post, lurkers.

So i have to agree with Adam. Lurkers, come out and join the forum family and the fun. I am here to welcome you on board like others did with me.

Jen9

Windows PC

Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:50 am
I'm not going to go too in depth about my personal life because I just don't like sharing that kind of stuff, but I'm comfortable with sharing a few things.

Typically online and in games I go by Jen9 or Jen963, not that I can be found in too many places. I use Jen9 more for games, and the other more for general usernames. 

I have loved dragons for who knows how long, and I usually liked to try to draw them, but I was never good at drawing. I also liked to imagine stories and worlds in my head as I fell asleep growing up and as an adult, as a way to distract myself from real life and just a fun way to spend time while trying to fall asleep. That has led to me to try my hand at writing fantasy and dragon stories probably a decade ago, and while I'm better at that than at drawing, I'm still not all that great. But I'm not trying to get published or become great or anything, just doing it for fun in my free time. I post some things on a couple of websites, some of my better stories.

I live somewhere in the hot, humid, crazy place known as the state of Florida. It's not a bad place to live when you don't have to dodge hurricanes, lightning bolts, alligators, floods, love bugs, and pretty much all sorts of other wildlife and any weather not having to do with snow or mountains. Oh, I guess "Florida Man" lives here too, but in all honesty, Florida is a nice place to live. It never snows, in some places you can watch rockets launch from the Space Coast from your yard, and house plants thrive outdoors. Except you have to rake your leaves in the spring if you have certain types of trees in your yard (looking at those two large laurel oaks I just cleaned up after.)

I like to grow pepper plants, the hotter the better. I once obtained seeds for a plant that was supposed to be a Carolina Reaper. I'm not 100% sure it was because the shape of the peppers was a little off, but as hot as the peppers were, it might as well be. You could break one open and every one around would know it, even it it was outside. I also had Ghost Peppers and Cayennes and Datils. My plants died at the end of last year because of pests but the plants were old and ready for retirement anyway. Young plants seem to produce bigger peppers and all around look healthier. I have seeds for everything at least.

Well, I think that's enough. This is an interesting thread and I hope others feel comfortable to share a little about themselves. Even little things, like a favorite color.
Recruitment code 66f3ac

Leader of clan Dragon Swagga on Windows EUR- looking for new members.