Meet new Dragon Trainers, make friends and talk about non-dragon related topics!

LadyDraco

MVP

Windows PC

Re: WOW

Sun May 16, 2021 12:05 pm
Hakaru wrote:
LadyDraco wrote:
So a  small clan can set up ,their  own server ? 
If  so cool..

Exactly, you can use it for game clans, big or small, you can have from one to thousands of members.
Of course, the more members you have the more you need to manage it but it's possible.

Example: i was on a group of players who had 3 guilds in an other game, we could organize every guild events, help the newcomers, share infos about the game/strategy or even some personal things for those who wanted.
We did some live chat too to do synchronized actions in the game, it was fun.

I can see  it can really eat up TIME ! But that's  just 'cause  it's  new  and  shiny...
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 
707 Happy Dragons on Islands
Always  looking for  active  ADULT players Only .
my code: aaa82c 
I always  gift ,at least every day .

Michelle123

Windows PC

USA

Sun May 16, 2021 3:03 pm
LadyDraco wrote:
Melanie , I'm on discord  now  
I'm listed  as  LD  there .. So  please  add me  as  a friend ,you too Sannee..

Here comes the first dumb question about discord. My server name is mmbeckm07, but my nickname is M'Chelle#9832. Which do I use to ask for invites/help people find me? (yes, discord for dummies here).

Thx
Discord Name M'Chelle#9832
Fighting Dragons - LVL 98 all 8* plus sigils Freyja | Ho'Mala| Fall | IK'EZ | Aphrodite | LOKI |Garden | Pangu
595 unique dragons
Playing 2 years

Airbender1505

Google Play (Android)

Sun May 16, 2021 3:53 pm
Michelle, you can set your unique nickname for a server without changing your original name.
Nicknames can be unique for every server you are part of. SO basically you can get two names, your Discord username (the one with Tag, for eg. Michelle123#9832) and a Nickname (Michelle/mmbeck/XXYY, anything).
As you can see in my attached image, It's my discord profile... It shows two names, The one in bold (once pretty cloud lad) is my nickname of that server and the one blow (Silver_wings#0488) is my Discord username. Both of them are customizable, but I tend to keep the discord username to avoid confusion and just change my nickname.

Oh BTW LadyDraco, one of the greatest features about discord is VC, you can get in call with everyone in the server, you can stream your gameplay that can be watched by everyone in the VC. It's quite handy when you have to showcase something, forexample, Dungeon run, Map Speedrun, Chest openings, Dragon hatching, Dragon feeding, etc
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-05-16 203442.png
Screenshot 2021-05-16 203442.png (16.61 KiB) Viewed 144 times
Silver_Wings
Fanart Club
Dragon Trainer since July 2017 
683 dragons collected so far <3
Fav Dragons: Hermes, Gemini Twins, Zodiac, Ice Feather, (all future wind ancient dragons lol) 

LadyDraco

MVP

Windows PC

Sun May 16, 2021 5:32 pm
Airbender1505 wrote:
Michelle, you can set your unique nickname for a server without changing your original name.
Nicknames can be unique for every server you are part of. SO basically you can get two names, your Discord username (the one with Tag, for eg. Michelle123#9832) and a Nickname (Michelle/mmbeck/XXYY, anything).
As you can see in my attached image, It's my discord profile... It shows two names, The one in bold (once pretty cloud lad) is my nickname of that server and the one blow (Silver_wings#0488) is my Discord username. Both of them are customizable, but I tend to keep the discord username to avoid confusion and just change my nickname.

Oh BTW LadyDraco, one of the greatest features about discord is VC, you can get in call with everyone in the server, you can stream your gameplay that can be watched by everyone in the VC. It's quite handy when you have to showcase something, forexample, Dungeon run, Map Speedrun, Chest openings, Dragon hatching, Dragon feeding, etc

That does  sound  cool.. But I  don't  think my clan will use  that ... At least I  don't  think ...LOL
There  is  so much to do and  get use to..
Thanks  for   getting Michelle123   in what to do ..
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 

no avatar

Iliamna

MVP

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Alaska

Sun May 16, 2021 11:37 pm
Michelle, to ask for friends you use the one with the 4-digit number. I would give you mine except I can't remember my number. Guess I need to write it down! LOL

Melanie
Joined DML the first week of March 2019
At last count: 605+ unique dragons!
Leader of the ANTI-VIKING CLAN

INTERESTED IN A NEW FORUM??
Send me a private message for information
on my new forum, where we can chat about
anything!

MistyTerrain

Windows Phone

Mon May 17, 2021 12:28 pm
I never can remember mine either unless I'm looking at it.

LadyDraco

MVP

Windows PC

Mon May 17, 2021 12:58 pm
YES !!! I don't  have  it  ingrained  in my head  yet ..
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 

Airbender1505

Google Play (Android)

Mon May 17, 2021 2:44 pm
oh you guys don't have to remember it all the time, it's right there when you click your name, it's the player code ingame. just 4 specific digits... I usually don't remember mine either.

ALSO- I should mention the fact that it is also customizable, but in order to do that, you have to buy Nitro. This is totally an option, when your nitro runs out, it will revert back to its original tag.
Silver_Wings
Fanart Club
Dragon Trainer since July 2017 
683 dragons collected so far <3
Fav Dragons: Hermes, Gemini Twins, Zodiac, Ice Feather, (all future wind ancient dragons lol) 

LadyDraco

MVP

Windows PC

Mon May 17, 2021 3:57 pm
I saw  that ..
Yeah I don't  think I'm buying in to it , just yet .
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 

Lady Madonna

Google Play (Android)

Tue May 18, 2021 6:08 pm
As has become my custom, I check General Chat before checking Discussions.  I opened this expecting you to all be talking about World of Warcraft!  Lol.

What a shocker!  So sad about the Forum.  I've added a post on page 14 of the Discussions thread and read enough to get a feel for what everyone has been saying, without having the time to dig in too deeply (gardening demands and all that!).

I have two Discord accounts, so will try to hunt you all down on there.  I'm not sure if I'll appear as Lady Madonna, Tamara or whatever.  Watch this space . . .
LADY MADONNA
MVP & UK Leader of WELWYN WYVERNS
English speaking clan, established December 2019.
We have spaces for additional active team players in our League 4/5 drama-free clan. Come and join us!
Code: d38967c
Discord: #7982 and #9863

INTERESTED IN A NEW FORUM??
Iliamna (Melanie in Alaska) has created a new Forum where we can chat about anything (including our favourite mythical creatures). Why not join us? PM Iliamna or me for more information. Hope to see you there.