Meet new Dragon Trainers, make friends and talk about non-dragon related topics!

LadyDraco

MVP

Windows PC

Re: Cats and dogs

Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:14 pm
Too Cute Sannee................
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 
699 Happy Dragons on Islands
Always  looking for  active  ADULT players Only .
my code: aaa82c 
I always  gift ,at least every day .

Sannee

Apple (iOS)

Denmark

Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:37 pm
Thanks, LD. Hasnt GL made a my little pony game or what? :-)
:-*

LadyDraco

MVP

Windows PC

Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:22 pm
Yes  they have .. But I  have  not seen ads for  it in some  time  now ..
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 

Sannee

Apple (iOS)

Denmark

Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:04 pm
Ohhh yeah thats right... i totally forgot about the loud add for my little pony. I got startled a few times from it. How could i forget.

Anyone played it?
:-*

#3Top #2Secret

Google Play (Android)

Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:06 am
There cats and.dogs in my neighbor but the they are like a thief who enter house and take food with himDoes any solution . For saving food from cats and dogs
Present Name -★MR.CoolGuy☆
Past Names-Coolguy~R.k.'s,
Topsecret,Redknight,Smartguy,
Mr.prankster ,Dragon Hero Etc.
Level 90 ,dragons 195+
Codes f5cb55 b2d5e6
I am proud leader of Clans : r.k.'s clan / r.k's globel☆
I am an pro gamer . I Can keep Calm.Be happy
If you are Searching for a clan join r.k.'s clan ( Android Apa)

LadyDraco

MVP

Windows PC

Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:17 pm
Don't leave  food  out  or uncovered , and  close  doors and  windows.
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 

cryscryb

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:19 pm
Sannee wrote:
Advertisement for my little pony 🦄 Rate it 1-10 stars. Lol.

10! Also, her feet out behind her like that, one pointing in either direction... so cute. Reminds me of a kitten my exe's daughter had, who ended up getting named "Toadie" because she used to sit or lie like a frog like that heheheheh. 

TLDR: Love Mille's little feets pointed out like frogger! <3
Duplicate threads makes reader's and moderator's lives harder. Common game save/restore issues and creating a Customer Care/Chat ID/Ticket. GL said NO to "Gift All" button.

MistyTerrain

Windows Phone

Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:01 am
My cat sits like that once in a while but my favorite is what I call her Sphinx position as she reminds me when she lies/sits that particular way with her head up and the rest of her body lying down.
no avatar

Iliamna

MVP

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Alaska

Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:44 am
I teach my dogs the "Sphinx position" (and that's exactly what I call it). For competition, one of the things in the second level is a drop on recall. You call the dog, and when the judge indicates, you tell your dog to drop to a down position. Dogs that only learn that a down position means they curl onto their hip and lay down are often slow to lay down and can move forward while doing it, which results in a fail for the "drop on recall" exercise. 

Normally a "down" is taught from a sitting position, and having the dog curl a bit onto their hip in a comfortable position is a good thing if you want them to stay there for a while (2nd level of AKC competition obedience has a 5 minute down-stay, with handlers taken out of the ring and kept out of sight). So I taught my dogs this style of down too.

But when I teach my dogs the Sphinx position, I have them start from a standing position. I use a treat in front of the nose the first few times, and gradually bring the treat down and then back between the front legs. I have the other hand resting lightly on the dog's back, over the shoulderblades (withers) area. As the dog's nose follows the treat, I lightly press with the hand on the back. The positioning of head, and the slight pressure on the back, will make most dogs fold back to land directly on their belly, with their legs in classic Sphinx position.

As soon as the tummy touches the floor, I mark that behavior with an enthusiastic "YESSSS!" and open my hand to give them the treat while scratching over the withers and praising. If the dog backs up instead of laying down, I just shrug it off and say in a nice voice, "let's try again, silly dog!". And then I set them up in a stand again and start over.

The dog never does anything wrong in this kind of early training. They just need to figure out how to get the treat, which is what they want. Once they go into the Sphinx position a time or two and get the treat, they have the first part figured out.

Of course, this is just to get their bodies and minds to understand the physical position. Once they're doing it without any hand on the back and no treat in the other hand, you still have to teach them to do the behavior while you're 15-20 feet away, and then while they're moving toward you. All this takes a long time to teach up to competition level, as everything is taught in small increments.

Oh, and you have to put a verbal command and/or physical cue to it. I never use the same command for this as I do for the "curl down" that they also learn. They're two different behaviors. I used the German word "platz" instead (from working with German shepherds). Who can tell us what that means?

Melanie in Alaska ...where my last competition dog is nearly 16 1/2 years old now!
Joined DML the first week of March 2019
At last count: 605+ unique dragons!
Leader of the ANTI-VIKING CLAN

Love the Dragons, hate the tedious wait times!

Emkl74

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:00 am
Sanne, I just love your dog. It is exactly the dog I would buy. And I love the photos of Mille. Envious look. 

Melanie, "place" means nothing other than that the dog lies down. Classically on the belly, paws in front. 
I don't like German Shepherds at all, they are unpredictable.
Leader WächterderZeit, Facebookgroup DML-EMKL