A Community Support Moderated Sub-Forum!
no avatar

igloo

Important Account Security Tips

Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:58 am
Hi guys,

I'm an outsider and watching how people get hacked:

Here are account security tips to help you NOT get hacked:

a) Do not name any of the toons with the same name or parts of the words same as your gameloft ID.
For example, if your toon name is "Justice" and your Gameloft ID is Justice, please change your gameloft ID to lower chances of being hacked.

If you name your toon JusticeFixer01 and your GameLoft ID is JusticeFixer, please change your gameloft ID to lower chances of being hacked.

b) Please setup a totally and wholly unique email address just to play the game. Don't use back an existing email address nor correspond with anyone with this email address. This will reduce the likelihood others from guessing your email address or taking over your account.

c) Please do not give any identifiable information, such as your real name, your address or telephone number unless you really know that person in real life. That other person could take your account using false credentials.

d) There is only one place for Runes, that is GameLoft itself. If you fall for Runes for Gold scam, Runes for Gift Cards, they are always too good to be true and you will get your account hacked if you give out your gameloft ID and password.

Please be careful of buying runes from a third-party. Unless you know that person really well (like your Aunt or Uncle) please don't do it.

e) Please do not give out your password to anyone or password hints, such as, what is your first pet's name? That would be too obvious :) Please also do not give out any information that could compromise your account, like, answering someone to the question what is your mother's maiden name?

That person could take over your email account using those information.

f) When you join a forum, please use totally different IDs and totally different passwords than the ones you used for your gameloft ID. The forum could be setup to store passwords in plain-text rather than a hash. The intention is to hack your account using the same information you passed to sign-up for the forum.

g) Use different passwords that cannot be easily guessed. That will reduce the chances of getting hacked.
Please don't use simple passwords like 12345, 1234567890, etc.
no avatar

Viktoria

Veteran

Re: Important Account Security Tips

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:54 pm
igloo, we really appreciate your detailed hints. They are very reasonable and thanks once again for your assistance! ;)
Please remember that every time you use your Gameloft Live Account in an unofficial site or application, you are giving the site owners access to your account!

Gameloft will never ask for your account password!
no avatar
User

Obykan

Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:40 am
Setting this topic sticky. :)

Thank you for these tips igloo! :)
no avatar

stpierre

Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:00 pm
What a handy tip but still thousands of players was hacked and hundreds of them hacked in a day. Face it gameloft your security was shattered and not because of proper account management by the people who are playing.
no avatar

Bean-Bandit

Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:58 pm
Why don't the GM's respond to the report players? I've reported several people that are selling gold which is against the EULA and nothing in my mail box nor has the person been dealt with, what's the purpose of putting it in the game if nobody does anything.
no avatar

Warbrother

Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:12 am
There are a lot of players visiting this forum, but there are also a lot of them that has never been here, many of them beeing scammed.

I suggest that you put a text where they can read about where to go if so and so. Put the text where all are going so they cant miss it, like at the bottom of screen when you click on your char. I knpw you have help and and can get there that way. But how many does know that? Give it a try, put out the text where no one will miss it.
no avatar

Viktoria

Veteran

Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:54 pm
Warbrother wrote:
There are a lot of players visiting this forum, but there are also a lot of them that has never been here, many of them beeing scammed.

I suggest that you put a text where they can read about where to go if so and so. Put the text where all are going so they cant miss it, like at the bottom of screen when you click on your char. I knpw you have help and and can get there that way. But how many does know that? Give it a try, put out the text where no one will miss it.

Warbrother, I`ll send your ideas to our developer.

I want to mention that such an option (option "report to GM") already exists in the game. You can use it to report the cases of scamming or any other violations of our Terms of Use, directly from the game.
Please remember that every time you use your Gameloft Live Account in an unofficial site or application, you are giving the site owners access to your account!

no avatar

Warbrother

Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:25 pm
Viktoria wrote:
Warbrother wrote:

Warbrother, I`ll send your ideas to our developer.

I want to mention that such an option (option "report to GM") already exists in the game. You can use it to report the cases of scamming or any other violations of our Terms of Use, directly from the game.

Hi Viktoria
Thank you for respond and good that you mention the report function. Though it might seem like a good way to go, to many of these abusers have created names that a vey few can access on their keyboard. Therefore, trying to report them is kind of useless. Have tried and getting the message: Does not excist. Think you should prevent players from creating names that others can't type.
no avatar

Sand

Veteran

Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Hi Warbrother, really nice tip about special symbols, we should think about it.
Thanks mate, keep posting ;)

no avatar

Warbrother

Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:20 pm
[quote="Sand "]
Hi Warbrother, really nice tip about special symbols, we should think about it.
Thanks mate, keep posting ]

Hi Sand
You guys are on the alert I say. Thanks for your reply.
Same thing should go for naming a guild as well. Right now we have guild names that I for sure would not let a kid see. Furthermore it is to easy to create a guild. Over 10 years ago I played an online game where if you wanted to create a guild you had to first apply for it. It was easy, give them an email address and then describe what the guild stand for. Was just simpel questions. Then they got back to you within 24 hours, yes or no. Then you had a database ingame that you could access and read a short description about the guild and who to contact if you wanted to join.

I and a few others created a guild that become fantastic really. What people that joined up with us and what fun we had. We also had a guild house and that reakky helped. Something I have suggested to Gameloft when this game started. I am posting a new suggestion on that very soon.

You have made a great game that - as usual - still have glitches but is going in the right direction. Good luck and a Merry Christmas to you all at Gameloft.