A Community Support Moderated Sub-Forum!
no avatar
User

Obykan

It has been reported that there are websites that are not owned by Gameloft that are asking for the the account information of a player (Username, Password, Email address). I believe that this is one of the reasons why some players were getting hacked and got their account stolen. There's also some reports that there's a video tutorial made to double or acquire golds/in-game items but eventually, it will just ask for your account information.

Please don't fall for these "phishing site/programs"

Never ever give your account information to anyone! And please change your passwords regularly for added security of your accounts.

If you know something similar to these reports, kindly post it here for our fellow players to be more aware. Thank you!
no avatar

igloo

Hi,

We did some sleuthing about this hacked gold issue. One of my friends (out of curiosity or otherwise) downloaded this app. and all the stuff on his account disappeared or act very strange.

Some of the people downloaded a program described on a YouTube video
(See screenshot #1)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68170093@N06/6225148026/in/photostream

This program is shown below:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68170093@N06/6225147886/in/photostream
It asks for 5 details - your name + password + server + character name + how much gold you want.

It actually sends an email to gameprogg@gmail.com
That guy was so **** embed his login and password into the program,
so we decided to login using his credentials and change his password:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68170093@N06/6224642143/

His name is:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68170093@N06/6225147676/in/photostream

Can you private message me so I can give more information?

What this guy does is this.
1) You enter your login+password into that app. It sends an email to that email address with the information you submitted
2) You think someone will send gold to you.
3) Actually, someone else from (Finland, Helsinki) will login to your account and send all the stuff to another account, which then sells your stuff for Euros, your gold for Euros.

BEWARE!!!!
no avatar
User

Herrina

Thank you so much for making the players aware of this kind of hack program, igloo. Thank you also for addressing this asap. This is indeed frustrating and we should put an end to this. > :(
no avatar

igloo

I did more checking...

I have that guy's or girl's email addresses LOL , facebook accounts, youtube accounts (the one where he posts that YouTube video which is shown on the link), his cell phone number, angry SMS messages sent to him or her.

I am willing to hand over all the account information
no avatar

Human60

I'm logging in as the hacker. That guy was so dumb to use the same email address to register to gameloft's forum and put other people's stuff for sale:

http://www.orderandchaos.info/general-english-forum/selling-lvl-50-ranger-t170.html
no avatar

igloo

If the hacker "Human80" wants his account back, with toon "Nogiura" and "Haze" from America - Arcadian Forest, he cannot do so, because he used the SAME email address as the hacker.

Since he used the same password and email as stored in the program, I decided to reset that guy's password (since that guy's email address is in the phishing program).

If he complains about it, I can show all the evidence that links the email account that he signs-up on GameLoft, the forum and the phishing programs he created. Not only that, he was so dumb to do such things.
no avatar

igloo

This is his karma. This guy hacked almost 1,000 accounts and now gets his account reset.
no avatar

igloo

(Sarcasm)

One of igloo's friends lost his account after he downloaded a program linked from YouTube. We decided to take down all the links on YouTube after that --

Igloo assembled a team - John the Monk, Luke the Ranger, Matthew the Warrior and Luke "aka Igloo" the Mage to hunt down the perpetrators.

Matthew the Warrior enabled his counter-stance and Pwned the first download link.

Luke the Ranger threw blinding powder and that **** didn't see it coming.

Luke the Mage decided to cast the Water Prison spell and froze that guy's account and gave him critical damage;

John the Monk after some fervent praying, decided to cast the influence spell and owned that guy (or girl).

John had a friend called Jesus on the Americas server, saying, what profiteth a gamer if he spams the whole global chat with fraudulent offers, but looses his account?

:)
no avatar

Evolution

Veteran

Who cares if you hack his account I know he doesn't. Like you said he has 1000 more lol
•Avovado•
AF iOS
no avatar

igloo

I just reported the whole thing to GameLoft for their investigation.
For what I care about the gold in them?

It is only that those who downloaded, think it was the real deal, entered their real details got their accounts compromised instead.