A Community Support Moderated Sub-Forum!
no avatar

Ninalar

Veteran

Hey guys :)

I'm just staring this topic to warn all of the players out there that we do NOT ask you for your passwords, so if you ever run into someone claiming to be from our support team, via in game or e-mail asking you for your password, please ignore them, don't fall for their tricks to hack you.

Have a nice day :)

xx
no avatar

Kaitlyn-Zel

Re: FYI Regarding Support

Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:40 pm
You should sticky this (??^)?
Short. Simple To Understand. To The Point.
?Rika??Lv. 60 Divine Monk??2nd Alt.??Arcadian Forest?
?Fang??Lv. 60 Hybrid Warrior??Main??Arcadian Forest?
Do not blame GameLoft for your childish actions.
You have been told to "NEVER Share Your Login Info With Anyone Period!"
no avatar
User

Teaweasel

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:03 pm
You NEED to change the title of this post....

First of all, only 5% of forum users will open it as is.

Post title needs to cover what the message is:

Like: Gameloft Employee's will **NEVER** ask for your password.

Then the entire forum community will see this info whenever they are in the Bugs Board, and not need to open an FYI post, something people just aren't going to do.

This post is working against you in that it's not getting the message out, and that's the fault of the communicator not the listener.
no avatar

stpierre

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:54 am
This post is not as helpful as it seems because not all gamers join the forum. To prevent this, a pop up notification is required everytime we started the game.
no avatar

Viktoria

Veteran

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:13 pm
stpierre wrote:
This post is not as helpful as it seems because not all gamers join the forum. To prevent this, a pop up notification is required everytime we started the game.

Thank you, stpierre! I`ll forward your suggestion about the notification to the appropriate department! It seems to me quite reasonable!
And I want to say that you are right that the name of the tread doen`t catch an eye. not As your require we will change the title of the topic to attract the players` attention. ;)
Please remember that every time you use your Gameloft Live Account in an unofficial site or application, you are giving the site owners access to your account!

Gameloft will never ask for your account password!

Mary fromGameloft

Veteran

DO NOT GIVE YOUR PASSWORD TO ANYONE.

Clear now? kk.
Find the answers to most of our known issues using the support website:

http://support.gameloft.com
no avatar

retrojg4434

hi my username is retrojg4434.. and sumone keeps changin my username,email and pass.. i cant login to my acc sumone is hacking me.. the thing is my acc is linked to my facebook. so i can change the username pass and email to my liking as well. it seems the hacker is messing with me and changing it back. is there a was to prevent this and keep the username permanent? cuz i have access to changeing it anytime. and it seems like he does too
no avatar
User

Obykan

retrojg4434 wrote:
hi my username is retrojg4434.. and sumone keeps changin my username,email and pass.. i cant login to my acc sumone is hacking me.. the thing is my acc is linked to my facebook. so i can change the username pass and email to my liking as well. it seems the hacker is messing with me and changing it back. is there a was to prevent this and keep the username permanent? cuz i have access to changeing it anytime. and it seems like he does too

Sorry to hear that retrojg4434.. Unfortunately, there's no way to keep the username permanent. :( Personally, I think usernames must be permanent. I will be telling this to the appropriate dept and let's hope they will keep usernames permanent for our accounts to be more secured.

Edit:

Never ever share your password to anyone! There's a lot of greedy players "pretending to be an admin" and trying to gain items/accounts. > :( So please beware of them.
no avatar
User

Teaweasel

Mary fromGameloft wrote:
DO NOT GIVE YOUR PASSWORD TO ANYONE.

Clear now? kk.

This topic used to be called "FYI about Customer Service"
no avatar

pawces

Unfortunately i might just have to do this. Why? Because gameloft, 1 month after i reported the issue, still hasn't fixed the in app purchasing bug..ergo- I CANNOT EXTEND MY SUBSCRIPTION! thats right, because you guys cant fix it, my only option is to give my login to a guildmate who is able to log in my account and buy extra months for me..and hope to god he will keep his word and not steal my account! What other choice do i have gameloft? Its this, or my account expires. > :( > :( > :( > :( > :(