Do you have suggestions to improve Modern Combat 5? Post your ideas here!

xRscribbleZx

Windows PC

The Netherlands

Hello Everyone!

I have been taking a break from the game due to a variety of reasons but made a post back on the Modern Combat 5: Blackout reddit forums and have gotten some interesting reactions and ideas and as such decided to post it here as well as to broaden the audience and get more feedback and ideas, hopefully some interaction with Community Managers as well. 

NOTE: This is mostly a copy paste, I apologize for any formatting errors which may or may not occur. Thank you for reading in advance. 
As said In my before-mentioned post, I will be writing down several things for discussion + some suggestions. This is done in a clean and constructive manner and I would like to ask the same when you decide to reply. Thank you again :)

1. Recoil:
►   What is recoil? Recoil is usually the common term for the visual or physical shaking/kicking whenever a weapon is fired, whether that be whilst aiming or firing from the hip. This has almost always been a thing in Modern and even classic FPS games, yet, it is basically missing from Modern Combat 5. 

Right now, there are about 5 different grips in the game(See 3: Attachments), with most, if not all, doing the same thing(Which is basically nothing). Guns are unique, and should feel unique(See 4: Diversity); Even if it is with something as small as adding a bit of recoil to shake things up. 

2. (New)Military Support:
► Military Support/Killstreaks, however you want to call them, are an important component when it comes to multiplayer matches. They can give your team an edge, help capture or defend a zone or grab you some extra kills for playing well. What I have noticed, however, is that most, if not all, are quite lackluster when it comes to their impact. As such, I have some ideas when it comes to New Support and current Support.

• Allow the player to customize Military Support used: One thing I personally really dislike the Support Group ideas. It limits players in what they want to use. My Suggestion would be to allow players to select 3 Supports per class, out of the 9 currently available. This will allow players to customize things to their own play style. One could go full offensive, full defensive, only high cost, only low cost, you name it.(See 4: Diversity)

Change the Scout Drone: Currently, the Scout Drone flies around, looking for enemies and then highlights them from time to time.  Whilst that works fine, I am seeing a lot of players whom are confused by this. My suggestion would be to have the drone stick with the player for 30 seconds, pulsing every 5 seconds. This would make it more reliable and easier to understand/use.

• Buff the Auto Turret: This Support is quite possibly the weakest out of the first two groups. It either gets destroyed with a couple of bullets or goes away after a very short time, making it quite useless. My Suggestion would be to either increase the health of the turret, decrease the cost or have it stay on the field until destroyed(Max 2 turrets active per team). 

.• NEW - Satellite Pulse:  A support which displays enemies in a scout-drone like manner for the player's team. It would stay for 30 seconds, pulsing every 5 seconds. Would need a fitting cost. 

• NEW - Executioner: Allows the player to equip heavy armor, comes with a mini-gun to decimate enemies with. The player would have 3x the normal player health but move twice as slow. ANY armor cores equipped will be deactivated whilst using this Support. This model/character already exists in the campaign.  Would need a fitting cost.

• NEW - Helo Gunner:  Allows the player to rain down fire from above as the automated helicopter flies around the map. Can be shot down, killing the player with it. The helicopter will fly around for 30 seconds or until destroyed. Would need a fitting cost.

3. Attachments:
► Attachments in Shooting games are what allow players to make a gun their own; It gives customization, play-style changes and most of all, makes the gun feel unique. Currently, in Modern Combat 5, there is an overabundance when it comes to attachments in the game, most becoming useless as soon as you get the better variant. I think it's time to cut down the amount of attachments with in turn, make them have actual impact on the weapon. Sometimes it is Quality over Quanity.

As mentioned before, attachments need to have pros and cons when it comes to using them. Heavy grip? Have the player handle the weapon slower. Lowest amount of ammo? Allow the player to move faster or reload faster. Have muzzles impact recoil and alike. Again; Quality over Quantity!

4. Diverisity: 
You might have noticed how my mayor issue with the game is the lack of diversity when it comes to customizing, how guns feel or which guns are used. Multiplayer games feel stale and boring, seeing only Grinders and/or Marauders running the field, even in Silver League.

Currently in Modern Combat 5, when you count all classes and all guns within them, you might come to the conclusion of it being too much! As mentioned with the Attachments, weapons lack variety! Barely any of them have recoil, feel the same, sound the same, you name it. The only difference is damage dealt and how they look. 

Guns need to be unique from one another. I mean recoil pattern, different rate of fires instead of almost everything being fully automatic. Yes this will be difficult to adapt to, especially for IOS/Android players but not everything is easy. Modern Combat 4 had a good balance when it came to Attachments(See 3: Attachments) and weapon variety/diversity.

5. Advertisements:
► Quite possibly my biggest pet peeves with this game. I understand that Game Loft is a company, and they need to make money given the fact that this is a free game but the amount of simply aggressive advertisements which pop up at almost every button press are absurd.

I do not mind the micro-transactions but I can guarantee that players will be turned away from the game due to the over-abundance of advertisements; Even before they think of spending any money. I also do not need to see unwanted advertisements for other games. I chose Modern Combat 5 for a reason.

My suggestion would be to either simply lower the amount of advertisements popping up and/or give players the option to hide advertisements in the game. In turn, however, they won't be able to watch advertisements or spin the wheel for credits. Make it so that the player can change this once a day/week and it should be decently balanced.

6. Drain the Item pool:
► This will, without a doubt, be a controversial topic but an important topic nonetheless. Namely: The amount of items available to the player, namely weapons and attachments specifically. These items dillute the item pool and come back to the fact that some guns and items are useless to use. Again: Quality over Quantity

Sure, giving players a lot of things to play with is great and all, but putting in so many different looking guns and attachments(Which basically are just re-skins(See 4:Diversity)), makes the game feel boring and stale. My suggestion, and here comes to controversy, is to remove a certain amount of weapons, attachments, secondaries and throwables from the game. 

Combine this with my other points mentioned before, and people will start using different weapons again and actually think about what load-out to use instead of the "I'll just use the last/strongest one which doesn't have any downsides". 

7. Armor Cores:
► In Modern Combat 5's current state, Armor Cores and sets are game-breaking and sometimes down-right overpowered! Look wise? Fine by me so this point is moreso directed towards the Armor Cores themselves.

How do cores currently function in the game? Armor Cores are pretty similar to tradditional perk systems you see in other games. They should, just like attachments, have pros and cons when using them. Right now, there are cores in the game which enable certain setups to be severly unbalanced(Looking at you Marauder) or downright make no sense. Kills should not count twice towards military support. health should not be increased by such a large amount. This is a shooting game and as such, should be focused around gun-skill and gun-play, not around silly looking outfits fitted with insanely powerful perks.

Again, I enjoy the idea of having a perk system but as it is right now, it is unbalanced and pushes a P2W META which, even for a free game, should not be. My suggestion would be to overhault this system, and put it in place of the class perk system(Which is just lazy putting skill points in) Give a balanced playing field wherein players have to think wisely about which cores to use.

8. Prestige weapons and how they just don't fit:
 Prestige weapons are the best of the best weapons in the game, difficult to get and satisfying to use but I have a strong feeling that they are out of place. Whether it's about the looks, description or statistics, they are the odd one out in comparison with the other guns or the guns the game launched with. 

Currently, almost every class has two primary prestige weapons which are difficult to get and yet, everyones goes for them. Why/ They are strong, look cool! have 100% armor ****, etc. People go and even pay for these weapons, and in turn these prestige weapons became the META we currently have. I agree, prestige weapons should be stronger than a tier 3/4 weapon. But not unbeatable by them or only beatable by other prestige weapons such as the Grinder or the Hans & Gret.

My suggestions would be:
• To reduce the amount of prestige weapons to 2 weapons per class. One primary, the other secondary.
• Reduce the armor **** from 100% to 25-30%.
• Make them unlockable by archieving a certain rank in a class or by performing certain challenges. 
• Remove the descriptions from it or give all other guns a bit of lore as well. Just to make it fit in a bit better.

9. Party System:
► One thing I really missed from the previous game is the ability to party up with friends and look for matches. I know that you can create a custom match and then invite friends, but those usually do not reward experience and/or do not get filled up due to the fact that this game has a split/smaller player base.

I would like to be able to party up with friends and then search for random games together in the soldiers league. In turn, howeverm 
the rating you receive are halved and rating you lose are doubled.
For balancing purposes: if you queue with 4 or more players in a party, you get matched with other parties of the same size. 

10. End:
► I ended up re-writing almost the entire thing! Like I said in the beginning, feel free to express your thoughts and feelings on the matter and do share your own suggestions and/or points of discussion. Thank you for reading and have a good day!

With kind regards,

RscribbleZ
no avatar

belenyer warrior

Windows PC

mc5  is an excellent game I would add
-mask beret with human face
-mask military kepis
-mask helmet German soldier World War II
-mask mich helmet with mount nvg and side rail
-mask Spartan Corinthian helmet with transverse mane
-mask IBH helmet with nvg mount and googles
-mask hat camouflage
- military base scenario in the jungle
-latin american tournaments
-more variety camouflages
-games for 100   credits

-Scene 51
-white house stage
-Custom armor with 4 cores and camouflage
- futuristic spartan armor without shield
-arx 160 rifle
- feline fame rifle
-g36k high level riflev

Jon_Blackburn

MC5 Black Ops

Apple (iOS)

Texas

Put these in a time capsule, then come back in 20 years and see whether anything you suggested got used.
g4626e

no avatar

commander_77

Windows PC

how about for example: my division against another division?

ArcticKitsune

Veteran

Windows PC

Australia

That would be highly unbalanced.
PC Player. APA server, dogtag 64626.
Active on Discord + Reddit, feel free to contact. 
Discord: AKits#2222
Reddit: u/ArcticKitsune11235
no avatar

MjrRock

Windows PC

They need to put players from 0-1000 in matches by themselves, then 1000-2000 matches, 2000-3000, not make low level players suffer playing against high level experienced players.
no avatar

Aladdin_01

Steam

Sweden

The game begin to be dead we hope that gameloft fix the balance in the game and make it like it was earlier.  ::)
If they can remove the useless corse and give to every armor his specific cors, it will be more balance.
And moere active becaus many players will play untile the armorse opens and that can give more abilities to the players. But the corse system is destroying the game. I played the game since 2014 the most exiting part was the armors update abiltis every armor has his specific way to play. 
But now the game begin to be dead, because of the non balance.
Hurry up game lift and fix what you have done with the most excited game.  :-| [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/color][color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/color]
no avatar

belenyer warrior

Windows PC

-mask military kepis
-mask hat camouflage
-games for 100   credits

-Scene 51
-white house stage
-armor system gladius soldier
-armor system felin soldier

-arx 160 rifle
- feline fame rifle
-g36k high level riflev
no avatar

Aladdin_01

Steam

Sweden

belenyer warrior wrote:
-mask military kepis
-mask hat camouflage
-games for 100   credits

-Scene 51
-white house stage
-armor system gladius soldier
-armor system felin soldier

-arx 160 rifle
- feline fame rifle
-g36k high level riflev

Nice man 

no avatar

Boolerino

Windows PC

Another thing that is definitley needed is cross-platform play and being able to transfer content between accounts as if it were a new device. I believe enough has been said as many big games have cross platform play and it contributes to success plus I would much rather have all my mobile content on my PC considering MC5 overheats my phone and it would be better on my PC since I would be able to play longer than 15 mins and play on a system with better graphics and is actually stable.