Something interesting to share? Come on in!
no avatar

Ramond

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Modern Combat 5 Opinion

Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:09 pm
I picked it up for $20 off of the eshop this morning and I've got to say, there's a hell of a lot of content packed into this little mobile port. Overall, I think it definitely deserves the price tag. it's more than just a quick cash grab port and it fills the void that Call Of Duty has left open on the Switch. With a few updates, this game could easily beat Black Ops 4 lol.To cover some of the positives;
  • This game was free with in app purchases on mobile but all of the premium currency is gone and all content can be unlocked just by playing the game (Single player and multiplayer share progression).
  • It's very similar to Call of Duty or Battlefield, with a bit of Killzone thrown into the mix. It works really well surprisingly.
  • It runs well enough, with some frame drops in online PvP when a new player joins or there's a lot going on in one area. I believe it's locked at 30, but it's a playable 30 and the drops should be addressed with an update, hopefully.
  • There's over 50 weapons to choose from, kill streaks, weapon upgrades, camos, trinkets, armor customization, the whole nine CoD yards.
  • There's a ranking system similar to Siege for PvP that places you in leagues depending on how you perform, you can even create clans and do clan battles if you've got the people to do them.
  • Online is already very active as well, events are coming soon and there's no problems finding any matches.
  • Fleshed out single player content including a campaign, and spec ops missions.
  • There are 9 different classes to pick from, all with unique abilities, strengths and weaknesses.
  • GYROSCOPE. AIMING.
And to cover some of the negatives;
  • Characters feel kind of sluggish, there's not a lot of momentum to your movements.
  • Hit detection can be a bit dodgey at times.
  • The field of view seems to be really small, and there's no slider to increase it.
  • There seems to be a bug when you transition to iron sights that stops your gun from firing, and slows the fire rate.
  • The time to kill is a bit on the high side, with guns requiring up to 10 shots to kill someone. Kind of ridiculous, and there's no hardcore mode.
  • There are only two PvP game modes currently, Free For All and TDM.
  • The single player missions are a bit short, due to it's mobile roots.
  • Graphically speaking, the game isn't bad at all but facial animations during the campaign are awful.

Quang N.

Veteran

Steam

Re: Modern Combat 5 Opinion

Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:41 am
The biggest drawback the Switch port has right now is the lack of continued development, so take that into account whether you feel like the purchase was worth it. (:
Psst, there's a Discord for MCVS if you're unaware. Much more activity and updates on what's happening than here.
Join here: https://discord.gg/mcvs

ArcticKitsune

Veteran

Windows PC

Australia

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:57 pm
The community is kinda dead too. Pablo cut off comms half a year back, and the official subreddit/discord server are basically ghost towns.
PC Player. APA server, dogtag 64626.
Active on Discord + Reddit, feel free to contact. 
Discord: AKits#2222
Reddit: u/ArcticKitsune11235
no avatar

FlyingNOOB

Google Play (Android)

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:14 pm
6 years is a long time for a game to still be going... I'd say MC5 has reached Masters status in terms of gaming age hehehehe. Devs could keep it going with improvements in the above mentioned areas... Let's see, but I doubt it.
no avatar

sayd20

Steam

Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:01 am
Tengo un problema con modercombat 5 cuando entro auna partida juego 5 minutos y luego dice se desconecto del servidor
no avatar

gamecrazier

Google Play (Android)

Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:57 am
I've recently started playing this game & biggest drawback is lagging in my phone

ArcticKitsune

Veteran

Windows PC

Australia

Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:31 am
The update should have optimised FPS for low-performance phones.
PC Player. APA server, dogtag 64626.
Active on Discord + Reddit, feel free to contact. 
Discord: AKits#2222
Reddit: u/ArcticKitsune11235
no avatar

finacoles2

Apple TV (iOS)

Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:31 pm
Old Player here since 2015 (before all the armor ****). Just got back to the game yesterday. Tryna get a decent squad going.Discord: Mooximas#6359 Dog tag: 426d Region: US Platform: IOSKD must be above 1.5 and have over 10000 kills. 🤘🏻10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254 hotmail.com
no avatar

blood_mortagone

Steam

Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:16 am
bonjour je joue a mc5 sur pc via steam depuis quellque temps jusque ici je n'avait aucun soucie je trouve que c'est un tres bon jeu,
malheureusement le mode multijoueur est vraiment déséquillibré.
Je suis actuellement en ligue d'or niveau 50 et je ne tombe que sur des partie contre des gent classé ligue platine niveau 140 en général..
comment dire que sa devient tre vite injouable car il y a une trop grande différence de niveau d'arme et d'armure, ce qui freine un peu trop l'évolution dans le jeu.
Toujours dans le mode multijoueur il y a très souvent se probleme de respawn a l'endroit même ou l'on vient de mourir ce qui est un petit peu embetant quand même.
j'espere que ce message sera utile en tout cas car j'ai vraiment enivie de continuer a jouer à MC5 et surtout garder ce plaisir de jouer

hello I play mc5 on pc with steam since until now I had no worries I find it a very good game,
unfortunately the multiplayer mode is really out of balance.
I am currently in the gold league level 50 and I only come across games against platinum league general level 140.
how to say that it becomes quickly unplayable because there is too much difference in weapon level and armor, which slows down the evolution in the game too much.
Always in the multiplayer mode there is very often the problem of respawn in the same place where one has just died which is a little bit annoying nevertheless.
I hope that this message will be useful in any case because I have really intoxicated to continue to play at MC5 and especially keep this pleasure to play