Something interesting to share? Come on in!
no avatar

Lina FromGameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Update 27 Discussions and Reports

Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:17 pm
Hi everyone,

You may have noticed that Update 27 is now available for download - Steam and Windows PC are still pending, but it shouldn't be long now.

Check out some of the new features below, and please don't forget to share your feedback here, or on our official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/notes/modern-c ... 519771284/.

Supermarine Tier 5 armor
Designed for the ultimate soldier, this highly advanced prototype makes no compromise between protection, utility and ease of movement
Protection: 34% against Explosives, 28% against bullet damage
4 Core Slots: offensive, defensive, utility, universal
Headgear Bonus +10 HP

New universal and custom skins for Weapons
“Fireworks” Firecracker camo – What’s a New Year celebration without fireworks?
“Contamination” Stacker camo- The spread of bullet fever
“Supermarine” universal camo- Meant only for the sups
"Twin Dragons" universal camo - Double the power
"Eternal Chains" universal camo - Mythical shackles which binds the reality with the fantasy to explore oneself.
Jade weapons- Get frags in style with the new jade themed weapons

New Body camos to match your weapon: Eternal Chains, Twin Dragons, Supermarine

Lunar New Year Masks and Killsigns
“Zhu”- Mighty as the gods themselves.”
Shandian- “Never strike twice in the same way; always be faster than your enemy.”

Weapon balance tweaks
Firecracker damage per bullet increased
Whisperer damage per bullet increased
Whisperer shoot animation improved

Bug fixes
- fixed several instances causing “servers overload” to be displayed
- reduced the instances of server disconnected
- fixed several issues resulting in crashes
- misc bug fixes
- Antihacking measures
- performance improvements

Test it, enjoy it, and report back to us!
We appreciate it!
no avatar

DaBonk

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Re: Update 27 Discussions and Reports

Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:35 am
All I see is new stuff, very little balancing, and very little listening. There was multiple things wrong that you could have began to fix. You didn't touch marauder at all (Looking at these patch notes,) you didn't touch anything non prestige for recon, you didn't try to balance any other classes, you didn't make your game less pay to win from what I can see in these patch notes, and I didn't see any reference of fixing some bugs that have been here a while, such as buggy knifing and getting shot through walls. All you did was add new things pretty much. (Besides the bug fixes you did, which was one of the only good things I saw of this update.) Perhaps you can make next update all about balancing and generally improving the game, since we have a good amount of content for the time being.  Sorry if I get anything wrong, i don't feel like reinstalling MC5 until a new, better update. I can't see gameplay, But these patch notes should tell me plenty enough.

Jon_Blackburn

MC5 Black Ops

Apple (iOS)

Texas

Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:57 am
As long as Paragon is easily pierced by Prestige weapons and lacks its old 5th core, the game is not-P2W.

Please make P2W great again.
g4626e

Quang N.

Veteran

Steam

Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:59 am
DaBonk wrote:
You didn't touch marauder at all (Looking at these patch notes,) you didn't touch anything non prestige for recon, you didn't try to balance any other classes,

They are balancing the classes, but very slowly however. Also, in the community live stream talking a bit about update 27, they did say that they wouldn't touch Marauder yet, but with the current situation we're in right now, I think the Marauder will be nerfed sooner or later.
AR is love, AR is life.
no avatar

Lina FromGameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Update 27 Discussions and Reports

Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:46 am
Hey guys,

Quang N. is right. :) Balancing the classes takes testing and time.
As Radu and Andy mentioned in their previous live stream on our Facebook page, we are still collecting data and testing out Marauder. There's no way to fairly estimate, at this point at least, how long before the next change. All I can say is that your input helps put things in perspective, so please continue to share your feedback.

What do you think about the new weapon tweaks? Did you notice the change in balance there?

Quang N.

Veteran

Steam

Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:07 pm
It's not like I'm trying to defend the dev team or anything. My point was that although balancing is not an easy thing to do (I'm being honest here), it at the same time not something that should take a long time to so either.

Making balancing decisions based on community feedback and from the devs' own experience playing the game (assuming you do even play the game) and implement them normally would take like 1-2 weeks or something, not one whole update. Saying that balancing is not easy is not an excuse to drag it out for so long.

P.S. I'll be genuinely pissed if I don't see Marauder pistols getting their justified RoF nerf next update (update 28). They're just way too broken.
AR is love, AR is life.

AAA_ZioiZ

Windows PC

Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:38 pm
PLEASE NOT ONLY DO NOT NURF MARAUDER, MAKE IT STRONGER. With no free boxes and the class costing thousands of eagle coins to unlock good weapons, before thinking about any 'nurfing' why not slightly lower % on getting 'good gun' blueprints from boxes. Also can we get a marauder only armor like morph and sapper have? 99% of people crying like little winey babys over marauder are the vip 0, 0 coin holding (probably $0 money in real life) people that the second they get 80 coins they buy a weapon box instead of saving for armor like oni, or unlocking the marauder class. Don't take away something people love because of the bad habbits and attitudes of a few. Thanks for making a great game, keep up the good work.
no avatar

DaBonk

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:06 pm
AAA_ZioiZ wrote:
PLEASE NOT ONLY DO NOT NURF MARAUDER, MAKE IT STRONGER. With no free boxes and the class costing thousands of eagle coins to unlock good weapons, before thinking about any 'nurfing' why not slightly lower % on getting 'good gun' blueprints from boxes. Also can we get a marauder only armor like morph and sapper have? 99% of people crying like little winey babys over marauder are the vip 0, 0 coin holding (probably $0 money in real life) people that the second they get 80 coins they buy a weapon box instead of saving for armor like oni, or unlocking the marauder class. Don't take away something people love because of the bad habbits and attitudes of a few. Thanks for making a great game, keep up the good work.

You haven't fought a good HansAndGret marauder, have you?

Jon_Blackburn

MC5 Black Ops

Apple (iOS)

Texas

Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:59 pm
I’ve fought a good HAG Marauder. He died honorably.
g4626e

no avatar

Standupbloke

Google Play (Android)

Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:29 pm
Hi
I'm fairly new to the game having only played around a month and the game has been flawless.
However since this update i am unable to play due to the "reconnecting " screen happening every 30-40 seconds.
there are many many others complaining about this in the global chat also.
Regards
Brian