Something interesting to share? Come on in!

ArcticKitsune

Veteran

Windows PC

Australia

Re: Gameplay Discussion Thread

Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:43 am
Just to clarify, balancing is yet to be rolled out. The update was released primarily to add new features. You'll see the new changes pop up eventually - Marauder will receive some sort of nerf. According to a source on the MC5 reddit, all RoFs will be decreased by 25%.
PC Player. APA server, dogtag 64626.
Active on Discord + Reddit, feel free to contact. 
Discord: AKits#2222
Reddit: u/ArcticKitsune11235

Quang N.

Veteran

Steam

Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:09 pm
Oh great, 25% for all Marauder weapons? So that means the SMGs of that class are going to be even more useless?
Funny how they consider themselves devs but have no idea what they're even working on nor what they worked on.
Psst, there's a Discord for MCVS if you're unaware. Much more activity and updates on what's happening than here.
Join here: https://discord.gg/mcvs

ArcticKitsune

Veteran

Windows PC

Australia

Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:17 pm
T7-9 received a further nerf. Problem is that T7 is perhaps one of the weakest Marauder weapons. :(

Quang N.

Veteran

Steam

Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:17 pm
Started off with a class that could've used with a bit of a damage buff (2-3 damage) across the board.
Got a huge buff for Marauder pistols ONLY instead.
Months of complaining and someone who keeps whining that the class is balanced without realizing the buff.
And now all of them are nerfed, including the ones that didn't get a buff.

Remind me the definition of balancing again? Because I don't remember it having the part "milking the crap out of players".
Psst, there's a Discord for MCVS if you're unaware. Much more activity and updates on what's happening than here.

ArcticKitsune

Veteran

Windows PC

Australia

Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:20 pm
Even with a 25% RoF nerf, H&G RoF will still be almost 3000 RPM.
Look, it's fairly obvious that the dev's understanding of the game is fairly limited, but they're on the right track at least.

MedicineBoy incoming.

Quang N.

Veteran

Steam

Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:27 pm
On the right track, but they could've reached the station much quicker if any of them played extensively (in other words, "tested their game).
If us players can find the bullcrap in the changes even if they're under the radar, there's no reason for the devs not to be able to notice them, unless they're intentionally ignoring them.
no avatar

Mycroft3000

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:17 pm
ArcticKitsune wrote:
Even with a 25% RoF nerf, H&G RoF will still be almost 3000 RPM.
Look, it's fairly obvious that the dev's understanding of the game is fairly limited, but they're on the right track at least.

MedicineBoy incoming.

What I read as to the 25% ROF reduction is that it is an across the board reduction applied to ALL weapons, in which case it’s irrelevant to balancing Marauder or anything else. Did I misread that?
EDIT: Sorry, just noticed the full conversation further up & that everyone did realize the 25% RoF decrease was across the board.

The primary extent of their attempt to “fix” Marauder, I read, was to make a minor adjustment to the perk thing (under the grenade button on non-PC devices), which said perk has no effect to fix the Marauder guns b/c it’s not the problem . . . but even if it was the problem, the small percent change they made to that perk was so minor it wouldn't matter anyway. I don’t even use that perk to kill in an instant with Marauder, and from what I read here I don’t think most Marauders bother with that perk since it’s not necessary to go out and clean house.
no avatar

Mycroft3000

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:19 pm
Bottom line, IMHO, after reading the few minor changes on the list and playing a few games to try things out, is that it was all irrelevant as nothing felt any different really, especially when it came to overall balance. So, IMHO, I don’t even give them any credit for making a step in the right direction everything was so irrelevant. Again, no offense to anyone else, all just IMHO, things have to at least feel a little different, a little better before I can say there was an actual step in the right direction made . . . .
no avatar

Mycroft3000

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:23 pm
Below is the primary list of changes (the change to Blom-R scope RoF or whatever isn’t in the picture below, but use the Blom-R scoped in & you’ll see it feels the same (garbage)). As you can see it was a GLOBAL RoF decrease. And look at the Marauder changes. They’re only changes to the “skill” perk. And they’re very minor and make no difference since the “skill” perk is unnessary to crush everyone with certain Marauder guns:
Attachments
2F6258F8-179C-4F5B-964C-6B2F0B8C5E2D.jpeg
2F6258F8-179C-4F5B-964C-6B2F0B8C5E2D.jpeg (405.2 KiB) Viewed 549 times

InWhatWorld

Windows PC

Alaska

Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:40 pm
Mycroft3000 wrote:
Below is the primary list of changes (the change to Blom-R scope RoF or whatever isn’t in the picture below, but use the Blom-R scoped in & you’ll see it feels the same (garbage)). As you can see it was a GLOBAL RoF decrease. And look at the Marauder changes. They’re only changes to the “skill” perk. And they’re very minor and make no difference since the “skill” perk is unnessary to crush everyone with certain Marauder guns:

Being that most of my problems are latency issues I am actaully optimistic/excited about the changes. If I have more time to make up for latency with skill I'm happy. Have to give this some time to see how things settle out before writing it off or bouncing up and down about it... And if I can send my Doggies to (dis)obedience school and teach them to sic!!!
"Deserves got nothing to do with it"