Something interesting to share? Come on in!

poopboxnoob

Veteran

Windows PC

EMP vs Bomber

Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:17 am
People love going for bombers but really the EMP strike is the most powerful killstreak in MC5.
If you think about it.....
Bomber pros:
1. Free kills to those people who aren't under cover/exposed
2. If you know cover spots you can push them and kill the enemy hiding in these places
3. Even if enemies are under cover, the explosion above the building can mark their position
Bomber cons: 
1. Can be countered by EMP
2. Takes time for the bomber to call in, so gives time for enemy to find cover
3. If all enemies under cover it is useless
4. Takes more kills to obtain than EMP (8), unless you are bounty hunter
EMP pros:
1. Can counter recon aircraft, drone, turret and bomber
2. Disables radar so enemy has no clue where you are. 
3. Takes less kills to obtain than bomber (7), unless you are bounty hunter
4. Cannot be countered by anything
5. Prevents enemies from activating their military support for 30 seconds
EMP cons:
1. Doesn't get kills on its own
2. Doesn't last forever (obviously)

This is the reason I use the first set of military support. EMP outperforms the Bomber.
the end is near.

katy p.

MC5 Old Dog

Apple (iOS)

Re: EMP vs Bomber

Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:01 am
I agree with all your pros and cons. But ultimately I decide on either depending on the match. 

EMP is very useful against recon pros, because a recon without radar is very vulnerable. Also if you play against pros, it's very hard to get extended killstreaks, so even if you get the recon aircraft it's very handy. In general recon aircraft is much better than drone, especially with just a few players, unless you play against standard armor recon (as they would just light up green). 

Bomber on the other hand can be useful if you play against noobs (they don't know they should hide lol), but also against pros when there's very intense fighting. When you're being attacked from all sides you don't have the luxury to hide, so a bomber will kill you.

I also use bombers in combination with standard assault suit when our team is behind and I see little chance of winning by just fighting. Standard assault suit only needs 4 kills for a bomber, so if you play it smart you can get half your kills through bombers. I also like this combo when the game is full with 12 players. 

I still think GL did a terrific job with the bomber/EMP options, as there is not one option always better.

Normal_guy

Google Play (Android)

Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:48 am
Well there is a helmet  ..makes you immune to emp strikes ..like a dedicated helmet .
And their is shibing making you immune to both ..bomber and the emp .

1&only oops!!

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:56 pm
What would you against a team of shibing players, lel? I once joined a NR and the enemy team had 4 shibing players and 2 out of them were recons. So, all the military support is useless. But i would prefer EMP over Bomber.
MC5 Forum Discord: https://discord.gg/vKqvHss

poopboxnoob

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:02 am
Whoops, totally forgot about the freaking Shibing LOL! The perk is quite OP. But the helmet I tested isn't immune to the EMP strike, it's immune to the EMP grenade/chaff grenade. I tested it once, and while wearing the helmet I still get hit with the EMP. Might've been a glitch, but from what I can recall that helmet is practically useless cuz nobody uses EMP grenades.
On the other hand the pilot mask is useful cuz people use flashbangs. Like me. So I don't flash myself.
I like to save my EMP for when the next bomber comes through. I know the bomber is hard work to get (unless if you use assault default armor) and getting it destroyed right after you call it in can be outrageous. But it's funny trolling tryhards who go for bombers and getting EMP'd right after.
Speaking of which I was in a game a while ago which I played against a whole team of BH players, and it was constant Bomber and EMP fest. 3 Bombers were called in right after each other......
the end is near.

Normal_guy

Google Play (Android)

Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:46 am
Well I use Ronin with flash and erg  ...and whatever I do after the update I don't get flashed myself ..neither do I see highlighted enemies anymore thx too that graphic stuff..

Besides that ronin poweup always come in handy blinding the enemy fully (even on the radar)..and take out bunch of turrets in 1 blast .

khaLeL

Apple (iOS)

Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:52 am
i use shibing most of the time to counter bomber and EMP :)
but in ctf the bomber is a game changer in the overtime period nyahaha
Gaming Device: iPad 9.7(2018) and iPhone 7
MCVS Favorite Agent: Chapka 
MC5 Favorite Class: Sapper
MC5 Favorite Guns: The Stacker, PR/KOG, Firecracker, Dread Eye
MC5 Armor:  Anubis.Izanag.Ares.Strategos.Samurai.Werewolf. Hazard.Legion.Ronin.US_Patriot.Shibing.Oni.Vulcan.Seth.Kemono

MXR

MC5 Old Dog

Google Play (Android)

Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:16 pm
If you find people with shibbin, then is better to go with bomber side of military support.  As only airstrike hits them.
All mc5 seem to have the shibbin so emp use is kind losing favor right now.
no avatar

Vicheth77

Google Play (Android)

Sun May 09, 2021 6:45 am
Does EMP also disable Verr Power? I couldn't fire the weapon during EMP strike