Need a tip or an Answer? Ask your questions here!

Fabien FromGameloft

Community Manager

How do the advertisements work?

Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:37 pm
Introduced a few updates ago, the ‘ads-buttons’ (this is how we call the buttons that trade your watch-time against various gifts in Asphalt) have helped a lot of players to progress in Asphalt 8. We will explain how they work in this article; let’s get on with it!

Ads button availability
The availability of advertisements can differ from one platform to another and from one country to another. It is frequent and normal that one do not see them in the game. In that case, please remain patient until a new ad appears. Normally, a player should have at least a few opportunities to watch several ads every day.

Why are the ads-buttons absent or ‘grayed out’?
This means that there isn’t any advertising campaign going on in your region, or on your platform at the moment. Keep on playing, the buttons will come back at some point, even though it is not possible to predict exactly when they’ll do.

Why are the ads button displayed, but nothing happens when the player taps on it, or the button gets stuck on ‘loading’?
Sometimes, the game keeps loading the video but nothing happens. This means that there is a connectivity issue. In that case, one should make sure that his network is working properly, or try another network. If you made sure that your Internet connection works properly but the problem persists, please contact our Customer Care team and we will check at your account. 

How to obtain Tokens, get a car or other ‘cool prizes’ every day just by watching an ad?
Check out the areas of the main menu circled in red below. Whenever you see them available on-screen tap on them quickly! We can’t guarantee how many will be available, nor for how long. Note that one might be able to watch more or less ads depending on the moment, the platform and the country.

How to reduce the timer of Elite Cars, double credits after a race, or obtain Multiplayer Tickets?
You will find opportunities to do in the game as shown on the screenshots below. Just as explained above, whenever you see these ads-buttons available on-screen tap on them quickly! We can’t guarantee how many will be available nor for how long. Note that one might be able to watch more or less ads depending on the moment, the platform and the country.

Why are there less ads on Windows Mobile 10 or Windows 8.1?
Currently, there are less ads supported on these platforms; this is normal. It might change in the future, we will keep you updated.

roofersmate

Windows PC

Re: How do the avertisements work?

Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:45 pm
I appreciate these gifts I also buy 16 cards every day and I have over 200 boxes in my inventory, my grief is as I get more cards I have to sell them to make room for more hoping I get the air wrenches so I can add them to my cars these wrenches are as rare as hen teeth and should be made more available.
Forum name roofersmate.
Ingame name Kath J.

"The player shouldn't have to keep working around Gameloft's incompetence to enjoy a game." - FANTASTICVOYAGE
no avatar

Scraggy001

Apple (iOS)

England

Re: How do the advertisements work?

Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:38 pm
I'm seem to be a magnet for B exuasts and B suspension

ChrisWLStatesman

Windows PC

Adelaide, South Australia

Wed May 31, 2017 11:30 am
I was totally shocked to see these ads failing to appear as of two days ago. PLUS - No double credits on first two races. No free anything ????  >>>> tokens, fuel top ups or free box to watch ads either...I went from VIP 10 to 11 around then!!! Is this why?? Am I alone?? 
I hope it re-appears as my cash injection of late has been huge, and freebies were a fair GL reward for OUR daily devotion - THAT WAS well DESERVED!!! Just a small glitch I HOPE!!!!!!

'rez

Expert Racer

Apple (iOS)

UK

Wed May 31, 2017 11:36 am
ChrisWLStatesman wrote:
I was totally shocked to see these ads failing to appear as of two days ago. PLUS - No double credits on first two races. No free anything ????  >>>> tokens, fuel top ups or free box to watch ads either...I went from VIP 10 to 11 around then!!! Is this why?? Am I alone?? 
I hope it re-appears as my cash injection of late has been huge, and freebies were a fair GL reward for OUR daily devotion - THAT WAS well DESERVED!!! Just a small glitch I HOPE!!!!!!

https://forum.gameloft.com/viewtopic.php?f=1908&t=483050&p=2686366#p2686366
no avatar

Gilles P.

Google Play (Android)

Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:08 pm
Hello,

I am using French zone, and when I click on "lance la pub" => "advertisement" => it starts turning, then comes back to "lance la pub" without any effect.
Some times, the button just disappears !

Only a very rare times I could enjoy the 4 times full tank and the 4 times capacities booster.
Today I could have only two full tank and one capacity booster...

I am using a 4G connexion on a Samsung S4.

Can someone tell me if this is normal or otherwise should I contact support  ?
Thank you !

RLR

Google Play (Android)

India

Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:13 pm
@Gilles P.

It is normal
no avatar

Gilles P.

Google Play (Android)

Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:18 pm
RLR wrote:
@Gilles P.

It is normal

Hi,
Thanks for answering so fast, but in this case what are the criterias on the number of ads we can watch per day ?
Why do we have the buttons if we can't use them ?
no avatar

Masterhouse

Windows PC

Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:47 pm
I watch vulgare advertisements and do not give me anything. I'm losing time. Please help me. New advertisements which have been added for 8 days already. Older advertisements work well but doses rarely occur.
Я смотрю публичную рекламу и ничего не даю. Я теряю время. Пожалуйста, помогите мне. Новые объявления, которые были добавлены уже 8 дня. Старые рекламные объявления работают хорошо, но дозы редко происходят.