This Forum board is in read-only mode.

Fabien FromGameloft

Community Manager

How does the Matchmaking System work?

Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:52 pm
It is based on many variables. The general rule is that you will be matched with players having more or less the same Car Rank as yours. The difference between your car rank and the one of other is generally somewhere between 0 and 150. 

Remember that skilled players might win even if they do not have the best car in the match. The bonuses (such as extra tanks) might help you to win matches.

RLR

Google Play (Android)

India

Is this supposed to happen? In Todays Multiplayer Cup (03 Dec 2016), I used Lykan Hyper Sport (1664) and i got matchup against Nissan 370Z (1015)?
Screenshot.png
Lykan Hyper Sport
Screenshot.png (696.44 KiB) Viewed 2457 times

Screenshot_2.png
Nissan 370Z
Screenshot_2.png (609.03 KiB) Viewed 2492 times

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

The MPEs work differently than regular MP - I raced with a Dart just for fun and got matched with 1700+ cars... lol
Contact Customer Care to get a ticket ID: viewtopic.php?f=1908&t=699439
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
Playing A8 since Feb 22, 2016. Own 269 vehicles. Total Play Time: 84d 16h. The FLU ate my other stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: Aug 11, 2020
"Blogging is not writing. It's graffiti with punctuation."

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Also, just in case any of the CMs read this - instead of the "tighter competition" that the community asked for we got even more lopsided competition with MP matchups being even more of a gamble than ever before.
Contact Customer Care to get a ticket ID: viewtopic.php?f=1908&t=699439
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
Playing A8 since Feb 22, 2016. Own 269 vehicles. Total Play Time: 84d 16h. The FLU ate my other stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: Aug 11, 2020
"Blogging is not writing. It's graffiti with punctuation."
no avatar

Maina_Donaldson

Fabien FromGameloft wrote:
It is based on many variables. The general rule is that you will be matched with players having more or less the same Car Rank as yours. The difference between your car rank and the one of other is generally somewhere between 0 and 150. 

I strongly doubt that anything but car rank is currently used for matching, and it's not particularly fair. To make it more equitable (and fun) I would suggest --
A) Reduce the spread. 150 is WAY too much to make up for by good driving.
B) Add boosts (at least the TK) to the car rank when matching
C) Take the player rating/ xp into account.
D) Fix (or compensate for) under-ranked cars like the Shelby Cobra.

Hippida

Windows PC

Troll Station, Antarctica, Antarctica

GLLogic; Its perfectly normal that you fairly race against a car driving at a top speed 150 kph beyond your own.

I.E. A8 is supposed to be a game of chance

Fabien: Do you think new players find it motivating to be passed by me at speeds 200 kph beyond their own?

Driver_7633

Google Play (Android)

The Matchmaking System is quite erratic. Competing against +1000 ranked cars is bollocks.
Device: Nvidia Shield k1
no avatar

Maestrosordino

Windows PC

usa

It's not working for me. My last 4 races for example...3 consecutive wins for a whopping 2 point gain, 1 3rd place win against cars outranking me by 80 or more, minus 8. What is the game trying to tell me except don't play? Every season I seem to win more races and less rewards rank wise. I have only 3 cars out of 140 I can compete with, every car obtained in the past 6 months has been a disappointment for MP. I cannot understand this system, does anyone? It seems like the only logic is buy a Vulcan or be punished.

piciu256

Google Play (Android)

And since the arise of the M2 SE and R8 SE the matchmaking got even more "enjoyable", those 2 cars totally destroy stat wise any other MP tuned car, even if they are at lower rank.. 150 rank differece cap, and lack of tier grouped matchmaking surtently doesn't help... The only sorta reliable way to win races constantly is to play @ very low ranks, hoping you will run onto a new player, though that's in no way enjoyable, and you still have no chance against a well tuned car that's 100< rank higher, no matter how skilled you are (with such a rank difference, the other guy can even crash or make some other type of hudge mistake, and still catch up to you and win)
They laughed at my splash, I laughed at their corpses.
My ingame name: Piciu256 player id: 47e1dg7
no avatar

Urban_Gabrielsson

Apple TV (iOS)

Re: How does the Matchmaking System work?

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:21 am
It dosnt help to ride low class, i ride d-class and to often have to meet a-class. Thoose fking Audis destroy my ranking.