Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

twentyeggs

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

How To Volunteer Job/Service To GameLoft?

Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:03 am
Gauntlet has changed much about the game. It is one of the most valuable sources of earning resources now, yet like all other aspects it's ruined by the hackers who relentlessly steal rewards from legitimate players. 
Gauntlet is however, unique, in that it records and displays the users ghost.

It is the perfect tool to catch hackers and begin to clean up this game and restore the quality and fairness to the players. If someone would just review the ghosts of the top 10 players each season on each leaderboard, GameLoft could clean house quickly and efficiently. In just 2-3 season the vast majority of cheaters would be caught. 

I would gladly volunteer to do this for free. I'd interview and go through the official process to become an intern and help clean up this game via this method. If not me, than anyone. Or task someone who already works for GL/anti hacking team/employee to do this. 

Every season there is at least one hacker per leaderboard (usually 2-3) using extremely obvious accelerations/speed hacks, or just plain hacking the lap time to whatever time they want. This can very easily be stopped. 

@Andreea, if you could relay this message or idea to the right channels I think everyone who cares about this game would thank you for trying. 

I am tired of having my rewards stolen by cheaters, and now since gauntlet started, i can see the actual individual person, personally taking away prizes that I would have won if they weren't cheating.
________________________________________________________________________________

Neilson

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Hackers & GL is like peanut butter & jelly ! GL loves hackers like a fat kid loves cake , They meant for each other .
Hackers steal rewards from players , GL steals rewards from players ! They both hella shady & are peas in a pod
Cut from the same cloth the same breed  Hackers steal , GL steal its just GL lies about taking it serious !  Hackers take it serious  They seriously hacking !! Pppfff 🤔

HappyGamer74

Windows PC

@twentieggs:
I wish you luck with this proposal.
However, if you look at what has happened to a couple of member (ex?) of this forum, sounds clear that the only clue that GL recognizes as effective at catching cheater is descepancy between actual resources owned by the player and a sort of theoretical table of possible resources in function of age of the account and state of payment (VIP).
There is no effective and scientifical way to catch for, even becouse of  glitches and lacks of the software itself.
It seems clear to me (I'm not a informat, but got some knowledge of how to), for example, that many cheats are based on API's of knockdown mode, so, these cheaters have only to access RAM and activate functions hinibited for us all; This means that they are not catcheable becouse they don't change the software.
What can be seek is external appearance, and risks are taken for example when you play a lot offline and make great credits or tokens, becouse the system may not recognize the earnings as legit.
In theory, even a 00:00:00 time could be justified as a glitch, and infact these people go to cheaterboard, but nobody tells you that will be permanently banned for that.
The only effective way should be: rewriting the software from scratch and protecting data with some sort of cripted blockchain, but it has costs and the main is privacy of customers.
Otherwise, until they will be able to mantain a stream of money consistent with stakeholder's requests, there is no reason at changing anything.
I strongly hope that all this experience is going to be used in the new Asphalt 10 that, IMHO, will reunite all platforms and all versions (nitro, 9, 8 etc) in one giant organism.
Please, if you like this discussion, I'm going to copy my in new forum, we could go there and listen to other's.
Didn't evr got the importance of firm until now:
https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

@20eggs,

are you serious? A year ago you wanted to support someone who wanted to sue GL, and now you are begging for a voluntary position at GL?

I really don't get it.
Can't you see that GL has no interest in finding cheaters?
There is a broken aGLorithm. But there is no anti hack team, this is a claim that has been refuted several times and for which GL would never give a dime. It's a myth, it's not real.
Why else do legit players never get an answer to the question why they were banned?
Because the aGLorithm cannot speak and nobody at GL understands this fantastic tool.
(The dev who implemented CB and "banning stuff", he is long gone ...)
Remember the World tournaments when the man with the decorated beard needed weeks to present a hand selected, double proofed LB full of cheaters. (Where was the anti hack team?)
Look at the cheaters report thread: nothing happens. (Anti hack team?)
Your method of trying to find cheaters by their Junklet ghosts is great, but everyone knows cheaters are everywhere.
GL is currently celebrating itself for 1 billion downloads, but that a large proportion are cheaters, isn't GL celebrating? Each player counts.
If you want support from Andreea, you should PM her. She may be able to help you with your desire, you can also use the email address list of all important GL people, that has been published several times in the pinned issue threads.

GL don't give a **** about cheaters ...

Good luck
Attachments
4BD77564-25BD-402A-8F68-7E7FF28B6BD4.jpeg
4BD77564-25BD-402A-8F68-7E7FF28B6BD4.jpeg (410.61 KiB) Viewed 293 times

twentyeggs

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Alexatrom wrote:
@20eggs,

are you serious? A year ago you wanted to support someone who wanted to sue GL, and now you are begging for a voluntary position at GL?

I really don't get it.
Can't you see that GL has no interest in finding cheaters?
There is a broken aGLorithm. But there is no anti hack team, this is a claim that has been refuted several times and for which GL would never give a dime. It's a myth, it's not real.
Why else do legit players never get an answer to the question why they were banned?
Because the aGLorithm cannot speak and nobody at GL understands this fantastic tool.
(The dev who implemented CB and "banning stuff", he is long gone ...)
Remember the World tournaments when the man with the decorated beard needed weeks to present a hand selected, double proofed LB full of cheaters. (Where was the anti hack team?)
Look at the cheaters report thread: nothing happens. (Anti hack team?)
Your method of trying to find cheaters by their Junklet ghosts is great, but everyone knows cheaters are everywhere.
GL is currently celebrating itself for 1 billion downloads, but that a large proportion are cheaters, isn't GL celebrating? Each player counts.
If you want support from Andreea, you should PM her. She may be able to help you with your desire, you can also use the email address list of all important GL people, that has been published several times in the pinned issue threads.

GL don't give a **** about cheaters ...

Good luck

I think the vast majority of players were upset enough to jump on board of a class action suit against GL after they unapologetically stole years worth of resources and betrayed their VIP contract with us. What they did was unforgivable, and I don't think it is unreasonable to be angry about it. Then and now. But this is water under the bridge. Obviously I didn't quit playing, since there is still some enjoyment to be had from the game. So why should that disqualify me from wanting the game to be better? My interest lies with fixing the integrity and fairness of this game which I do believe is in line with GL. The only problem is GL doesn't want to pay for it/increase  resources to combat it. So as I said above I will do it for free, or ask that they pick anyone else that will do it for
free. I am sure there are plenty of people willing to do it. 

Gauntlet is the perfect opportunity. It's a little window into the population of hackers where the proof is undeniable and easy to see.
________________________________________________________________________________

twentyeggs

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

And I do have to disagree with the people saying GL doesn’t care about cheaters. They may not care enough, but I have reported about 16 players since the gauntlet has started, and all of them have been banned; permanently or temporarily if it was the first time they’ve been caught. As soon as I see somebody using a hack in gauntlet, I video record the race, create a video and send it to Gameloft’s anti-cheat/hacking team. However making these videos every single season is tedious and there is a faster way to do this that would benefit everyone, not just me and the people on my LB each season.
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

I'm interested in the outcome of the proposal and me myself have proposed it 6-5 years ago multiple times.

Now I know that what you request, is only accessible to a dedicated team at GL. It requires high privileges to access such data manually, which is needed to manually verify a player. And I don't think GL would allow any outsider access that data, because of the responsibility.

Nor do I think they would want to spend more money, effort on anticheating than the bare necessity. Remember, this is a dying company living on cost cuts and increasing debt.

Yonny Meili

Veteran

Windows PC

USA

Give me a hacker and watch how fast they... DIE!!! Give me an Apollo N and see how fast they.. LOSE!!!....Got to love the 1 Billion Down load celebration plastered all over the tracks in A8... :)

twentyeggs

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

quailstorm wrote:
I'm interested in the outcome of the proposal and me myself have proposed it 6-5 years ago multiple times.

Now I know that what you request, is only accessible to a dedicated team at GL. It requires high privileges to access such data manually, which is needed to manually verify a player. And I don't think GL would allow any outsider access that data, because of the responsibility.

Nor do I think they would want to spend more money, effort on anticheating than the bare necessity. Remember, this is a dying company living on cost cuts and increasing debt.

well if they want a resume and references they can have it. I'm not just some joe shmoe playing in their mothers basement. I've got a medical degree and people's lives depend on my performance. So if the state of California USA agrees that I can be trusted with the responsibility of life and death, I don't think GL would have any issue with trusting me to do something that by itself speaks good intentions. And as I've said many times, if not me then annnnnyone. Anyone! I just want this opportunity to go unwasted. It's perfect and will make a significant difference.