Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

twentyeggs

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: It Actually Happened... I Got Banned

Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:19 am
highroller wrote:
Really now? Please stop embarrassing yourself!!
You sitting in p.6 elite with only 79 races!ūüėā
And this rant is coming from an individual who used to report players left and right, that lead to bans of other fellow racers in the past! Payback is a b*atch! This is actually pretty amusing..

I'm embarrassing myself when your sitting here acting like you don't know about team boosting. Or you do and you ignorantly think it's against the rules...

And your dang right I report hackers. Disgusting vermin, a plague to any game. I do every single gauntlet season. The fact that you call these hackers/cheaters/thieves "fellow players" says everything that I need to know about you.

As for team boosting, I personally checked with CC before I ever boosted in MP and have checked periodically throughout the YEARS, asking the authority we have access to, if it was against the rules. Their response? As many here have stated MANY MANY times, throughout MANY MANY years. Team boosting is NOT against the TOS and from GL in quotes they describe team boosting as "a strategy" and within the official rules of the game. Their own words
they made the game, they set the rules, if you don't like it then don't play. Go download candy crush or something and quit sniveling. Fair play is something that every player has the ability to do. Nothing is stopped anyone from making their own team if they so choose. So get off your soap box, you are probably just another **** who knows nothing but the hearsay from other noobs because you haven't taken a second to look through the endless times the rules/legality of boosting has been brought up in this forum. And if your aren't, and have been playing this game a while and you still don't know any of this, that's even worse. You would even find a snap shot of an email where customer care states team boosting is a strategy, it was in a thread posted not long ago. So whatever your implying about my MP position and the fact GL's ban system is broken is unrelated and ****. 

Besides, the bottom half of elite is held by solo players, they get the same rewards as the top half of teams. If you can't get elite solo, then it has nothing to do with teams and everything to do with your lack of skill/effort. So quit complaining about stuff that has nothing to do with you. The only argument anyone can make about boosting is being upset they can't place at a certain position above top 40-50, which is a ridiculous argument to make. And again, according to GL boosting is a strategy utalizing the tools and resources offered to everyone in legitimate game play. Disagree? Then your issue is with GL, go tell them they shouldn't be the one making the rules, and that your opinion about their game matters more than theirs.
________________________________________________________________________________
no avatar

RostandR

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:20 pm
Have no clue about the true reason, but it could also be that someone simply reported you, with no proof whatsoever  :(

HappyGamer74

Windows PC

Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:40 pm
I think that your only hope is Andreea on Discord Server.
You have been quite too effective in teamboosting
(I don't love this thing, even if I acccept it as a legal strategy,
as blocking or KD without need, but friends come first and I owe you one al least).
After all an automated system could disguise your behavior as a heavy **** rather than simple team boosting.
I must repeat it again: you definitely have to write to andreea.
-------------------------EDIT-------------------------
And strongly consider to join us on the new forum, please.
Didn't evr got the importance of firm until now:
https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

twentyeggs

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:44 am
HappyGamer74 wrote:
I think that your only hope is Andreea on Discord Server.
You have been quite too effective in teamboosting
(I don't love this thing, even if I acccept it as a legal strategy,
as blocking or KD without need, but friends come first and I owe you one al least).
After all an automated system could disguise your behavior as a heavy **** rather than simple team boosting.
I must repeat it again: you definitely have to write to andreea.
-------------------------EDIT-------------------------
And strongly consider to join us on the new forum, please.

Well I know it cannot be because of boosting. First nobody has ever been banned because of it, second, it would make no sense for GL to allow/accept boosting but then put in some sort of parameter to ban people for it, and third, this was my baby/new account- I have never boosted with it.

can you PM me the link to the new forum?
________________________________________________________________________________

twentyeggs

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:49 am
RostandR wrote:
Have no clue about the true reason, but it could also be that someone simply reported you, with no proof whatsoever  :(

reports alone are not sufficient to get someone banned. When you report someone, they ask you to provide all kinds of details and video/photo evidence of it.
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:30 am
Even further. They don't ban based on report, unless their system confirms the account as cheater.

Which means if they cannot detect a c.heat, and you report the user for that c.heat, they will either ban for something else (currency), or find nothing and not ban.

Neilson

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:04 am
twentyeggs wrote:
So, 7 years playing this game, 110 days play time, I finally get banned. What for? I have no flippin clue. 

I messaged them asking what the hell? 
and they said this... 

"We kindly recommend that you always acquire games (including in-game content) via official sources, and make no attempts to tamper with game files"

What does this even mean? How do you even get/aquire in game content? Officially or unofficially? Tamper with game files... what files? I have an iPhone. We don't have files on an iPhone. We cannot hack on an iPhone.
Dont they know this? 

Its like an angry parent saying "you are grounded for dying your hair hot pink!!!" While you are standing there with your natural hair color. 

so it's a 7 day ban... yeah I won't lose my account for good... THIS TIME. So now WTF do I do to make sure this doesn't happen again? If I didn't do anything to get banned this time, how long until I get banned permanently for doing nothing the next time? I feel like I've just been handed a ticking time bomb. 

This policy where they don't tell you exactly what you did, so you can at least have a chance to solve the issue is unacceptable. It's bad enough to accuse me of something I didn't do, but then to refuse to give me the ability to vindicate myself is just another kick while you're down.

I thought you was 7 days banned ?  Today's exhaust cup tle ⬇ 
9th to 13th  a five day ban ?
Attachments
Screenshot_20210413-020039.png
Screenshot_20210413-020039.png (1.16 MiB) Viewed 111 times

JakeP

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:46 am
Boosting is illegal. I was a heavy booster for years, I stopped this unethical, illegal activity when the platform cross-play arrived and made getting to Elite league too tough for me. I don't like tough gaming, I like easy gaming, and that is why I always boosted. I have yet to see a way to boost in a team without using either a hack or a glitch, which both are illegal. I always knew what I did was wrong but I never cared and still don't care because GL itself never cared.
I have had a few accounts that were banned because of boosting. When, a few years ago, my team, the V-Team, got to 5,000 rating points, the first team that got to this landmark, afaik, soon four of the eight accounts used to get to this then record were banned PERMANENTLY and my only explanation was the boosting combined with VIP level 0. If you are high VIP level, the chances of being banned for boosting are zero, but if you are low VIP you have high risk.
I may do my share of illegal stuff in this game - still do - but I am not a hypocrite. When I am banned, I am banned and I do not complain because I know what I did was wrong.
 May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.
no avatar

woopsynutts

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:16 pm
@Neilson; 20eggs says earlier :
"Well I know it cannot be because of boosting. First nobody has ever been banned because of it, second, it would make no sense for GL to allow/accept boosting but then put in some sort of parameter to ban people for it, and third, this was my baby/new account- I have never boosted with it."

I was wondering if it was a late (blue) easter joke since I could still see him on various LB ;)
@bruhsonbro : "GLitchloft programmers are F,n mooks.  I literally mean f them mooks"

twentyeggs

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:54 pm

JakeP wrote:
Boosting is illegal. I was a heavy booster for years, I stopped this unethical, illegal activity when the platform cross-play arrived and made getting to Elite league too tough for me. I don't like tough gaming, I like easy gaming, and that is why I always boosted. I have yet to see a way to boost in a team without using either a hack or a glitch, which both are illegal. I always knew what I did was wrong but I never cared and still don't care because GL itself never cared.
I have had a few accounts that were banned because of boosting. When, a few years ago, my team, the V-Team, got to 5,000 rating points, the first team that got to this landmark, afaik, soon four of the eight accounts used to get to this then record were banned PERMANENTLY and my only explanation was the boosting combined with VIP level 0. If you are high VIP level, the chances of being banned for boosting are zero, but if you are low VIP you have high risk.
I may do my share of illegal stuff in this game - still do - but I am not a hypocrite. When I am banned, I am banned and I do not complain because I know what I did was wrong.

not sure where you've been all this time.. or if you've got a problem with reading words. But it's been confirmed countless times by Game Loft themselves that boosting is part of fair play. For the umpteenth time their response, their words it's a "strategy."

And like I told the other person, if you still cannot agree and still cannot accept that boosting is legal and accepted by GL, then the issue is with you and you alone. You didn't create this game. you don't get to make the rules. When several CC agents from GL tell several players that boosting is ok, that becomes the official word. Like it or not. 

And there is nothing unethical about using a strategy that is open and available to everyone. maybe you need to revisit a dictionary. If you want to be in the top half of the elite leaderboard then make a team or join one. Whatever excuse you have for why you can't or don't want to, is a personal problem and not anything to do with the game or it's strategies.

Whatsver happened to your friends that reached 5k had nothing to do with boosting in itself. There are way to boost illegally by manipulating the room so that nobody loses points, and other things, it could have been anything other than what hundreds of people have been doing for years and years without getting banned. Besides, if reaching 5k was the reason your friends got banned then everyone else who's been reaching 5k consistently every season would have also been banned. Anti-cheat/hack detections/program is not a sentient entity. It runs off a fixed set of rules. It's either something you get banned for or it isn't. 

And for arguements sake, IF GL told me that boosting was not legal, I would have never done it. There is a reason why I messaged them asking what is in essence "permission" /the legality of it, BEFORE I ever joined/created a team. So speak for yourself in terms of the willingness to be unethical:hypocritical. 

And to confirm, it was not my main account that got banned. It was my second account, the one I started playing after the FuCs update which I did just to see how difficult it would be to build a garage. and it turned into a fun little project. I hardly care to make records and be super competitive with that account, especially so since I don't even have the right cars to do so, nothing but basic and brief attention is spent on that account so why/how it got banned is beyond puzzling for me.