Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

InfiniteBrakeXXX

Windows PC

Re: Dear Gameloft

Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:45 am
Same feeling as itsyou.

I think Andreaa juste reacted to the original post mentioning the below sentence.
I don't think she sees this forum as a negativity place, not after all the exchanges we had! *Peace* ūüėė

Rumor has it there will be no more forum for us to vent our negative behavior.

AndreeaFromGameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Dear Gameloft

Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:34 pm
You all think GL is closing down forums because they don't wanna deal with the complaints, cheaters etc (negativity or negative feedback basically). I wasn't pointing at you all being negative. Instead of putting words in my mouth or misunderstand and point fingers at me, you can just simply ask. (yes I'm pointing at you @comeongameloft)
''Never one, without the other'' - Greatest story between me and games

Neilson

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:43 pm
AndreeaFromGameloft wrote:
You all think GL is closing down forums because they don't wanna deal with the complaints, cheaters etc (negativity or negative feedback basically). I wasn't pointing at you all being negative. Instead of putting words in my mouth or misunderstand and point fingers at me, you can just simply ask. (yes I'm pointing at you @comeongameloft)

Why are GL shutting down the forums I'm simply asking ?  To save money is my guess !!
The messed up part about this is the forums are the only thing that work right ,  
@ Andreea if there is a forum team  please let them know  they did a good job over the years , This forum is Hella reliable  rain , sleet , snow , Shine the forum worked right & worked every time  without fail !

SmoothOperator

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:16 pm
I wasn't pointing at you all being negative.

Whatever happens on the forum is direct result of in-game actions/in-actions taken by mooks, are we going to discuss all that in the dying stages of this forumūü§Ē, I don't think so. Let's part ways cordiallyūüôŹ.

We wish you well for all your future endeavoursūüĎć
GL has decided to shut down this forum and asked us to join them on bla & bla bla where there is more noise but I prefer to migrate to https://asphalt8.freeforums.net
where forum friends have decided to congregrate and keep the spirit of this dying forum alive.

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:43 pm

That's not what I think at all. I think the forums are not the new shiny thing and the company just doesn't want to support it. I'd also guess that whoever developed the forum software doesn't want to support it either; so, GL doesn't want the hassle/cost of finding other software and/or support.

I've seen the same thing happen where I've worked. Folks want the new thing and want to dump the old thing. Reinventing the wheel is what they love. Nevermind that the old thing was working just fine.

Whatever the reason, @Andreea, GL should know this. They are destroying a community that was built over a decade. It will never be the same, and certainly not better, using Discord or Facebook. Those platforms function in an entirely different manner than a forum. Additionally, GL is wiping out all that history. Something that those other platforms do not have either.

This is a very sad day, @Andreea. GL asked for feedback in this announcement. Here it is. The ONLY reason I am still playing this game is the people on this forum. We are attempting to regroup on another forum. Hopefully, for GL, that effort will succeed or they will lose every player that feels as I do. I just don't care about any new features in the game anymore. There has been little to no progress on fixing bugs, wrt the skidding issue. The new features continue to be worse and worse for the players. So, the only thing keeping players like me here is this forum.

No, I don't believe the negativity here is closing the forum. I think GL could care less about this forum or the negativity. They continue to plow ahead with whatever is shiny and new and are simply discarding the old; because, they simply don't care about it anymore.

Enjoyed my time with you @Andreea. Sorry, I likely won't interact with you again. I'll never use Facebook and I have no desire to use Discord. It and other tools like it (Slack, etc...) are just a jumbled mess. Very difficult to read through.

Take care.

‚úĆÔłŹūüė∑
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
Moving to new forum: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

HappyGamer74

Windows PC

Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:44 pm
@Andreea:
thanks for your effort at pushing tickets and reporting issues.
Hope we meet again.
Perhaps Discord is good for real time and punctual,
but messes completely up tings about repository and long term,
as already said by @oldman and others.
So we shall meet in case of need.
Didn't evr got the importance of firm until now:
https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

Nat B

Windows PC

Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:08 pm
There’s always a choice: to be the one and the only (forum) or to be one of the many (fb/d).

I guess FB or D care about GL as much as GL cares about the game and players. If that’s their choice, so be it.
You can take a horse to the water, but you cannot make him drink.

And I would like to comment a statement posted many times on the pages of this forum that this forum represents only a small fraction of players. Excuse me, what fraction the forum should represent? 20,000? 50,000? 100,000? This forum’s format is about to be right. People engage in conversations, discussions, interact with each other, and perceive (practically) all messages posted here. Raise the number of active forum members up to 50,000 or 100,000 and see what happens with the number of threads and posts let alone the number of CMs needed to manage the communication flow.

So if you care about feed-back and communication, you’ll choose the forum; otherwise you will abandon your own platform and head for the bigger social platforms. Let them post their silly messages by thousands, who gives a damn about them anyway?

@Andreaa
I wish you all the best! And kindly forgive me if I ever hurt you.
Von zwei Narren h√§lt der gr√∂√üere den kleineren f√ľr den gr√∂√üeren.
Emil Gött

Timmr

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:55 pm
HappyGamer74 wrote:
@Andreea:
thanks for your effort at pushing tickets and reporting issues.
Hope we meet again.
Perhaps Discord is good for real time and punctual,
but messes completely up tings about repository and long term,
as already said by @oldman and others.
So we shall meet in case of need.

+1
"I don't need any Vulcan or Apollo while I have my Dodge Dart !!!"
(actually, I now own both the Apollo & Vulcan, so I guess I will say goodbye to my Dodge Dart)

Mr. Mysterious Spyman

Windows PC

Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:38 pm

The main reasons are probably the lack of a userbase on the part of the players and the lack of moderation and maintenance on the part of the company (Gameloft). EDIT: And, the implication is that Gameloft is making a loss, monetarily, on the Gameloft Forums. They can't afford to keep up this low-traffic forum forever, especially not since they have been losing money recently across many of their enterprises.

Discord is a much more modern chat and forum service, and Gameloft (Asphalt) has already been using it for a while, so it makes sense to move their entire operations over to there instead. A lot of young people who play Asphalt 8 and other Gameloft games know about Discord, whereas not many know about the Gameloft Forums.

The Windows PC version of Asphalt 8 currently doesn't have the option of an in-game Discord login, whereas the Android and IOS versions do. So, I think that ought to be implemented at some point in the near future, considering that the Gameloft Forums (including the Asphalt 8 Forum) are now being pulled down for good.

EDIT: I agree with most of the other posts here about the forums. I prefer the forums to Discord and Facebook. However, I do actually use Discord and Facebook to communicate about Asphalt 8 as well. I use Wikia, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, YouTube, everything. In the past, I also used to use Google Plus, before that was taken down in 2019. What I hope is that the years of information and opinions stored on the Gameloft Forums will remain accessible somehow. There is a LOT of valuable information here that I would be devastated to lose. I am one of the main people editing the Asphalt Wiki at the moment, and I do regularly cite threads from this forum for specific pieces of information at the Asphalt Wiki.
I'm riding to the end... are you?
https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/
Join the free and independent Asphalt 8 forum. Spread the word. We're going global!

Furaiosity Files: https://forum.gameloft.com/viewtopic.php?f=1505&t=710096
no avatar

GFMD

Apple (iOS)

Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:21 pm
Hi all

can someone please tell me where I can find all these rules and regulations and details of A8 and will there be an announcement RE the closure of GL forums and where is the forums replacement going to be and does GL have any intention of completely closing A8 down and if so will there be any compensation? I would never have started investing in this game if I had known... also, can someone reach elite if playing on an iPad using tilt to steer, given many people play on a keyboard which I think is a real advantage over the iPad... and where is the CB and does GL notify you if you're placed on it? Also, if you go down a few hundred points in MP, it's harder to up in points, right? How hard? Does there come a time when you are simply stuck in the 1600s, gaining one point if you win and losing 20 if someone with a lower rank beats you? Is it bad enough that one should wipe ones account / delete it and start afresh again? Or does it reset each racing season? And can one ever hope to reach elite level given all the teams cheating and hackers reapawning? Is it worth even trying? How GL manages to keep offering up this game as a game of skill and charge millions of credits to buy certain cars and millions of credits to upgrade them is beyond me. The game appears very professional and six months in I learned it's a PTP and worse a PTW game.... I feel cheated.... I've invested so much time and money and effort and its gut wrenching to have your efforts ruined by hackers and cheats.... 

Can one reach the leaderboard heights using an iPad and tilt to steer? If not, how high might one expect to advance? And at what point should I Wipe my account and start again to 
have a chance at MP? Or is the leaderboard a way to Rotate players up the list then down the list so everyone gets a high ranking at least once? 

I started playing this game knowing nothing because GL offers little guidance in this regard... is there somewhere I can go to learn the things I've had to learn from hearing others discuss them in the forums...? Is it ok to use boosters or not? And double credits in MP? 

thanks guys. 

GFMD