Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

CortoMaltz

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

LT43 wrote:
From the release notes, it doesn't sound like much has changed. Cars are still  matched by rank, so there is no need to race the top car in a class if you don't want. An AR8SE at 1250 can still race at that rank and will be matched with other cars near that rank, and with players of all leagues, much the same as now. The only difference is that racing a particular class of car is restricted by league, but racing a particular car has no more effect on matching than it does now.  There is nothing to indicate that all leagues won't be matched together just as they are now. EL players will not be grouped together racing all S-class cars. They can race any car they want at any rank just like now

I am not sure about that, @LT43.
Of course most racers would prefer the old matchmaking in this new MP, but it would not make sense from GL's perspective. 

GL badly wants people to upgrade their cars. That will probably be the reason why they're changing MP, and why grouping cars to similar speeds by tinkering with them - like D class around rank 1230 and now B class around 1680.

Maybe I'm wrong, but in new MP I think matchmaking will be by car class first (for example, a C class car can only race against other C class) and then by their similar car rank. Only in MP system like this people will be motivated to upgrade their cars, and that's clearly what GL wants to achieve
GL: "We can change any cars' stats whenever we want, reduce your inventories again, run two Mookstivals per week if we need to and cancel this Forum tomorrow. What can you do about it, Racer?"
Racer: I can expose your dirty deeds, not give you any cash, not play your games and/or quit Asphalt 8 before you go broke  8-)

CortoMaltz

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

fkw123 wrote:
A new era in multiplayer competition begins now!

After months of planning, testing, and fine-tuning....... 

4. Rebalanced Cars
• McLaren 720S
o Base Top Speed changed from 340.1 to 341
o Base Rank changed from 1,364 to 1,367

Porsche 911 GT3 RS
o Fully upgraded Top Speed changed from 393.9 to 379.0
o Fully upgraded Nitro changed from 42.9 to 42.1
o Fully upgraded Rank changed from 1,649 to 1,590, making it multiplayer- competitive with 14 other cars at this Rank

Porsche 959
o Fully upgraded Top Speed changed from 316.1 to 293.0
o Fully upgraded Nitro changed from 35.0 to 32.6
o Fully upgraded Rank changed from 1,327 to 1,232, making it multiplayer-competitive with 17 other cars at this Rank

• Porsche 718 Boxster S
o Fully upgraded Top Speed changed from 345.0 to 335.7
o Fully upgraded Nitro changed from 37.9 to 37.3
o Fully upgraded Rank changed from 1,447 to 1,410, making it multiplayer-competitive with 12 other cars at this Rank

The release of the new update is scheduled for next week! Stay tuned😎
Play A8 - https://gmlft.co/A8-Patch-Notes-UPD47

Thank you @fkw123.
There it is, no end to changing cars' stats in this game. As they please, whenever they want.
This was unthinkable 3-4 years ago, but I guess we live in modern times today 😜
Today you pay cash for a specific 'product', tomorrow they might "improve" it for you hahaha. 

So, looks like they finally killed off 959 for MP, dumped that car down the ranks, to fight Furais & Co. What a shame. I bet they reduced the nitro significantly, its' biggest strength. 
Interesting one is 911. Nerfed again. Used to be A class when came out. 
Nerfed to rank 1590, why, to rival Peugeot RS1? Pffff. 

"Competitive with X other cars at this Rank", they say as an excuse. 
Boxter will be 1410. Which other max-pro cars are top at that rank? Range Rover 😁
That means only one thing - more cars will be tinkered with to max-pro ranks ~1410 and ~1590.
This game will live forever! 😂
Who says GL is making a loss with Asphalt 8?
Doesn't look that way, they are still investing in it
GL: "We can change any cars' stats whenever we want, reduce your inventories again, run two Mookstivals per week if we need to and cancel this Forum tomorrow. What can you do about it, Racer?"
Racer: I can expose your dirty deeds, not give you any cash, not play your games and/or quit Asphalt 8 before you go broke  8-)

twentyeggs

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

I'm still stuck on the 12 players... 8 was too much. It is beyond frustrating being KD because of clustering. Which is made 1000000x worse by the sever lag/prediction software directing each and every single car into wall of the next turn where they recover once the connection corrects the players actual position but only after they've body slammed and wrecked you. 

And 10 tickets a day..  not that I play every day but what is the point of restricting how much we can play? This was the one last part of the game where we could actually sit and spend some time. Just when I start to think A8 is doing good, after I've settled and move on past the consistent insurmountable losses of greatness throughout the years, they just keep digging deep.

If one thing is for certain, updates are always a bad thing. A time for GL to reaffirm how completely out of touch they are with the A8 community.
________________________________________________________________________________

SmoothOperator

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

6. Other Notes & Bug Fixes• The official Asphalt forum has been retired.

Am I writing on an alien wall😂
GL has decided to shut down this forum and asked us to join them on bla & bla bla where there is more noise but I prefer to migrate to https://asphalt8.freeforums.net
where forum friends have decided to congregrate and keep the spirit of this dying forum alive.
no avatar

LostEverything

Windows PC

Excuse me but I lost everything after this Windows Update and have to beginn from Zero??? I tried also connect with my XBOX account but helps not...

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

LostEverything wrote:
Excuse me but I lost everything after this Windows Update and have to beginn from Zero??? I tried also connect with my XBOX account but helps not...

Since December 2020 you can forget about XBOX ... maybe you'll find helpful information here: (thread "Facebook", last one on page 19 on this forum)
viewtopic.php?f=1505&t=708396
Attachments
3E49FD5E-23DF-4C7E-B2A3-5653D7B8738C.jpeg
3E49FD5E-23DF-4C7E-B2A3-5653D7B8738C.jpeg (53.93 KiB) Viewed 536 times
no avatar

LostEverything

Windows PC

Thank you, yes I connected with Microsoft not XBOX however all data are lost. Does anyone konw how I can recover this?

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

LostEverything wrote:
Thank you, yes I connected with Microsoft not XBOX however all data are lost. Does anyone konw how I can recover this?

If your cloud save has failed the only way is to contact Customer Care. See the FAQs, first post on the forum. Only change is ticket numbers have been replaced by conversation ID#s. You'll get a automatic response with a number, reply to that restating the problem. It's important to be polite, persistent and patient. These things can take anything between hours and months to get sorted. They will, hopefully, send you your old data which will be an option when you start the game. Anything you do, buy or earn between now and then will be lost.

Good luck.
So long, and thanks for all the fish. New, independent A8 forum - https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/
no avatar

Johnny Flitzer

Windows PC

Itsyou18 wrote:
The atom is competitive at many tunes?

The Atom starts getting competitive at a rank of 1170 from my experience. I have mine at 1179 (tuning 029X). I didn't want to upgrade it further as there are quite a lot of good cars at around ranks of 1230 and 1285. Above 1300 it should be the best car until max pro 1353. 

MP is totally OK as it is now. They just should have opened Elite League to more players, let's say above 2800 points or created another league between Champion and Elite with rewards in between. And maybe give some daily MP rewards/boxes (as they already did in the past).
These changes would have been totally sufficient.
Now I fear that they will destroy MP as nearly all their changes to the game in the past were bad. Daily T&E's boring, festivals boring, speed trials boring.

Moyosore7

Windows PC

So my reflections thus far;

1. Making the Atom V8 VIP Exclusive post-update is very cheeky, implying that they want to make it THE starter Car for p(l)aying customers. I'll buy it now with Fusion Coins rather for posterity than upgrading, because there is no telling how insanely difficult it will be acquiring WildCards outside of VIP.

2. Speaking of VIP, the ridiculous payout of WildCards from Lvl 1 to 14 is obviously a bait to entice all free players to "act like romans" in the new P2P/P2W Rome that is being foisted upon us all.

3. Being a Free Players feels like it's gonna get infinitely harder (though I could be wrong) because,...

4. The thing about A9s Fuel based play system is that Cars are refueled on a timer, that allows you explore your Garage and not repeatedly drive the same Car throughout. That was what I was initially expecting with the MP Ticket system a la Events but they further bungled that execution because,...

4. Restricting MP to 10 race tickets on average per day means they want to kill Credit Farming outright since MP was the last Bastion of consistent Credit payouts, even when losing out on Pole finishes.
As long as we can can farm, they know we aren't beholden to their overpriced economy, so run ragged in the current short MP season if you can or must.
There was a reason why Tickets were ditched initially and I suspect History may eventually repeat itself if they don't learn form the first go round.

This is the Endgame folks, it could be great or beyond terrible but I said I would stick it out until they decide to shut down the game. That resolve has not changed. I'm gonna miss THIS forum when they eventually hit the Kill Switch but I'll definitely move to the Freeforum alternative very soon.

See you on the other side of Bedlam..😁