Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

RostandR

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

587

Largest margin win in Speed Trials

Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:41 pm
Mine is so far 12:300, on King's Highway. Contest is open, boosting clans welcome (oh right, you can't team up on this one  ;D
Edit: thanks nks71 for the correction, it's 11:700 of course 😊

LB according to screenshots provided:

1. simplyjens 0:31:833
2. ylmzTRk 0:23:533
3. SmoothOperator 0:20:466
4. Alexatrom 0:20:000
5. RostandR 0:19:166
6. Neilson 0:13:666
7. mr.Gops 0:13:633
8. chauhan739 0:06:200
Attachments
B06C4FBE-C0DC-4A4C-945B-7DCA0A0E166E.png
B06C4FBE-C0DC-4A4C-945B-7DCA0A0E166E.png (1.13 MiB) Viewed 567 times
no avatar

simplyjens

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

483

Re: Largest margin win in Speed Trials

Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:00 am
RostandR wrote:
Mine is so far 12:300, on King's Highway. Contest is open, boosting clans welcome (oh right, you can't team up on this one  ;D )

That does not speak to the quality of your driving always, but to the quality of the competition, and the length of the track.
I just finished a Munich Market Place run, started from 6th, did it in 1:11:232 - so, decent, but the next competitor just managed 1:19:365 - not so good...
percentage-based, it is 8.133/71.232 = 11.42% - a huge difference, but meaningless, as I just rode clean after a big lead, not for TLE time.
no avatar

RostandR

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

587

Re: Largest margin win in Speed Trials

Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:11 am
simplyjens wrote:
RostandR wrote:
Mine is so far 12:300, on King's Highway. Contest is open, boosting clans welcome (oh right, you can't team up on this one  ;D )

That does not speak to the quality of your driving always, but to the quality of the competition, and the length of the track.
I just finished a Munich Market Place run, started from 6th, did it in 1:11:232 - so, decent, but the next competitor just managed 1:19:365 - not so good...
percentage-based, it is 8.133/71.232 = 11.42% - a huge difference, but meaningless, as I just rode clean after a big lead, not for TLE time.

Doesn't speak to the quality of driving - agree.
Speaks of quality of competition - agree.
Length of track - disagree. In this SS, Rooftop Raceway, if only Alan D didn't decide to race, my win margin would have been 20 sec  :P

Meaningless - agree, but that's besides my point. I'm just curious by how many seconds one can win in this format (almost equal cars and equal boosts). It's about luck, just like the most-points-lost-in-a-MP-race challenge, but we figured that one out (63 points is max)
Attachments
737A065F-2156-4009-9B84-A7A8F8F5EE2C.jpeg
737A065F-2156-4009-9B84-A7A8F8F5EE2C.jpeg (335.37 KiB) Viewed 508 times
no avatar

simplyjens

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

483

Re: Largest margin win in Speed Trials

Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:23 am
RostandR wrote:
simplyjens wrote:
RostandR wrote:
Mine is so far 12:300, on King's Highway. Contest is open, boosting clans welcome (oh right, you can't team up on this one  ;D )

That does not speak to the quality of your driving always, but to the quality of the competition, and the length of the track.
I just finished a Munich Market Place run, started from 6th, did it in 1:11:232 - so, decent, but the next competitor just managed 1:19:365 - not so good...
percentage-based, it is 8.133/71.232 = 11.42% - a huge difference, but meaningless, as I just rode clean after a big lead, not for TLE time.

Doesn't speak to the quality of driving - agree.
Speaks of quality of competition - agree.
Length of track - disagree. In this SS, Rooftop Raceway, if only Alan D didn't decide to race, my win margin would have been 20 sec  :P

Meaningless - agree, but that's besides my point. I'm just curious by how many seconds one can win in this format (almost equal cars and equal boosts). It's about luck, just like the most-points-lost-in-a-MP-race challenge, but we figured that one out (63 points is max)

The short answer is that it can be infinity... I have had a couple of races so far where people were either disconnecting or running automatically without input.  In one race of seven racers, I had three disconnects and two or three auto-cruisers I was out of the first corner on San Diego and I was alone on the map.  I think that all cars would have just disqualified (one of the tracks where auto-cruise does not work to complete ST), but I did not have the patience to wait.
no avatar

RostandR

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

587

Re: Largest margin win in Speed Trials

Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:25 am
simplyjens wrote:
In one race of seven racers, I had three disconnects and two or three auto-cruisers (...)  I think that all cars would have just disqualified (one of the tracks where auto-cruise does not work to complete ST), but I did not have the patience to wait.


Lol that would grant the highest score indeed  :P  Record it and you'll win... I'm not as good as GL to approximate the retail value of your prize 😋
User avatar

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone
Posts

4310

Re: Largest margin win in Speed Trials

Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:10 am
Because position doesn't matter in ST to stave off boredom I've been running the really long routes on some tracks (Iceland, Tokyo, Azure Coast etc.). Still don't think I've been as much as 12 secs behind. :)
So long, and thanks for all the fish. New, independent A8 forum - https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/
no avatar

RostandR

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

587

Re: Largest margin win in Speed Trials

Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:51 am
Harry K wrote:
Still don't think I've been as much as 12 secs behind. 

🤣🤣🤣
User avatar

LT43

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

353

Re: Largest margin win in Speed Trials

Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:14 am
Does it count when I go do something else after the race starts?
ALERT: This forum is closing soon.  The new A8 independent forum is here: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net
Go sign up now!!
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone
Posts

2878

Location

Greece

Re: Largest margin win in Speed Trials

Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:57 am
RostandR wrote:
Mine is so far 12:300, on King's Highway. Contest is open, boosting clans welcome (oh right, you can't team up on this one  ;D )

Difference is 11:700
I will report you in the c.heaters thread lol 😁
no avatar

InfiniteBrakeXXX

Senior Member

Windows PC
Posts

365

Re: Largest margin win in Speed Trials

Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:06 am
simplyjens wrote:
RostandR wrote:
That does not speak to the quality of your driving always, but to the quality of the competition, and the length of the track.
I just finished a Munich Market Place run, started from 6th, did it in 1:11:232 - so, decent, but the next competitor just managed 1:19:365 - not so good...
percentage-based, it is 8.133/71.232 = 11.42% - a huge difference, but meaningless, as I just rode clean after a big lead, not for TLE time.

Doesn't speak to the quality of driving - agree.
Speaks of quality of competition - agree.
Length of track - disagree. In this SS, Rooftop Raceway, if only Alan D didn't decide to race, my win margin would have been 20 sec  :P

Meaningless - agree, but that's besides my point. I'm just curious by how many seconds one can win in this format (almost equal cars and equal boosts). It's about luck, just like the most-points-lost-in-a-MP-race challenge, but we figured that one out (63 points is max)

The short answer is that it can be infinity... I have had a couple of races so far where people were either disconnecting or running automatically without input.  In one race of seven racers, I had three disconnects and two or three auto-cruisers I was out of the first corner on San Diego and I was alone on the map.  I think that all cars would have just disqualified (one of the tracks where auto-cruise does not work to complete ST), but I did not have the patience to wait.


Wait, are you really saying you got a ST race on San Diego track?
I have not had that track despite playing well over 1000 races....