Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

RostandR

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: Largest margin win in Speed Trials

Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:56 am
nks71 wrote:
RostandR wrote:
Mine is so far 12:300, on King's Highway. Contest is open, boosting clans welcome (oh right, you can't team up on this one  ;D )

Difference is 11:700
I will report you in the c.heaters thread lol 😁

Oh you got me 😔 I'll stop doing maths for 24h 😅
no avatar

simplyjens

Windows PC

Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:36 am
InfiniteBrakeXXX wrote:
Wait, are you really saying you got a ST race on San Diego track?
I have not had that track despite playing well over 1000 races....

My bad.... must have been Barcelona  - I guess too much Nautilus' FC racing on SD Reverse last week :)
With ST, it is just brain off for the most part, unless I am discovering more track details or get infuriated by crappy KD logic.
no avatar

simplyjens

Windows PC

Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:39 am
RostandR wrote:
simplyjens wrote:
In one race of seven racers, I had three disconnects and two or three auto-cruisers (...)  I think that all cars would have just disqualified (one of the tracks where auto-cruise does not work to complete ST), but I did not have the patience to wait.

Lol that would grant the highest score indeed  :P  Record it and you'll win... I'm not as good as GL to approximate the retail value of your prize 😋

Well, it is at least 10500% more! :)

Nat B

Windows PC

Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:58 am
Bingo! I recon someone must have been worried about the overall game play time dropping drastically and introduced ST. Perhaps ad clients (or ad platforms) require not only the number of players but also the average game play time of a player (I don’t know this for a fact, I’m just guessing).

But it does seem that auto-cruisers will provide 10,500% more game play time.
Von zwei Narren hält der größere den kleineren für den größeren.
Emil Gött
no avatar

simplyjens

Windows PC

Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:05 am
Nat B wrote:
Bingo! I recon someone must have been worried about the overall game play time dropping drastically and introduced ST. Perhaps ad clients (or ad platforms) require not only the number of players but also the average game play time of a player (I don’t know this for a fact, I’m just guessing).

You are right... player engagment is a key metric for advertisers, I can tell you that the FuC farming, at least for now, makes me play 3 hours per day, instead of the usual average of 30-40 minutes per day.
Now, if you tell the advertisers that this is all fake time, because we never actually watch the ads and we really spend our time multi-tasking while racing in ST, they would not be so happy...
The power of metrics... there are lies, damn lies and statistics :)

SmoothOperator

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:11 am
RostandR wrote:
Mine is so far 12:300, on King's Highway. Contest is open, boosting clans welcome (oh right, you can't team up on this one  ;D
Edit: thanks nks71 for the correction, it's 11:700 of course 😊

Today I recorded two times above that 1. 13.166 and 2. 16.433, first was clean but my second run time was bad😣 well my competition's run time was even worse😖, can't blame anyone for such performance because 1. there is no incentive to perform 2. ST is full of rookies.
GL has decided to shut down this forum and asked us to join them on bla & bla bla where there is more noise but I prefer to migrate to https://asphalt8.freeforums.net
where forum friends have decided to congregrate and keep the spirit of this dying forum alive.

SmoothOperator

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:22 am
Nat B wrote:

When LB's were merged across platform the total user base for weekend FuC event was around 150k users spread over two day's but now that figure has dropped down to below 100k users.

Let mook's tell us anything but they have not been able to hold onto gamers and in all probability this trend will continue in the future. With mooks ruining the game there is no hope.
GL has decided to shut down this forum and asked us to join them on bla & bla bla where there is more noise but I prefer to migrate to https://asphalt8.freeforums.net
where forum friends have decided to congregrate and keep the spirit of this dying forum alive.

Nat B

Windows PC

Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:42 am
Cheers simplyjens!
It’s good to know (that my vague suggestions every once in a millennium come out to be true). :)

Another amazing aspect is the convincing power of ad agencies/design studios. Judging by some logos, posters, videos and other ad related items I sometimes think that they can sell (almost) anything to (almost) anyone.
Emil Gött

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:54 am
Nat B wrote:
Cheers simplyjens!
It’s good to know (that my vague suggestions every once in a millennium come out to be true). :)

Another amazing aspect is the convincing power of ad agencies/design studios. Judging by some logos, posters, videos and other ad related items I sometimes think that they can sell (almost) anything to (almost) anyone.

I am grateful for the shopping help for lawnmowers, makeup, and of course Lego, which seems endless ...🥱😴

Nat B

Windows PC

Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:49 pm
@Alexatrom
Lego is my high point of the day; it’s all downhill from there. :)

@SmoothOperator
Have you seen Alexatrom’s SS with numbers of participants across all three platforms?
IIRC around 25-26k players. They are champs in reducing numbers of players.

Imho their TLE team is far behind the marketing/monetization team. I mean really compare the price of their approximately valued car exceeding $2000 with Neil’s experience in Terra 9. Yesterday I took a look at their in-game info>about. Across the Globe they employ a hundred if not hundreds of Quality Assurance employees. I wonder if that information is correct. What the heck are they assuring in A8?

Compare prices of their cars with TLEs. Players are generally supposed to pay up to a few hundred bucks for a top car and win a few Class D parts? Really? Nautilus is supposed to buy boosters/cars, lead in the race and finish second? Really? Is that their understanding of running business? Selling boredom and competition with cheaters as merchandise with 10,500% more?

We have some precedents. We have a fellow player who’s fed up with festivals. And we have a fellow player with an impressive garage of legacy cars and he’s fed up with MP. 10 races per season make less than half a race per day? That’s one hell of focusing on MP (isn’t that what Pepper was stating?). And somehow I doubt that our fellow players are alone in their frustration about stagnation/degradation of the game.  

They are desperate and can’t think straight, imho. Losses > boredom > p2w > more losses > more boredom > more p2w > … A vicious circle.

To cite (with some interpretation) the quote from Snatch movie:
They have to be worried. If they are not then they f. should be.

The game is misbalanced. Driving experience, game progress, entertainment, fun and prices (!) — vs. players’ expectations are just as opposed as the North Pole and the South Pole.
Emil Gött