Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

Chud spuffington

Apple (iOS)

Hi and advice needed

Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:42 pm
Hi guys new forum member here long time reader but decided to join and ask advice about what to do next 

got almost 7m fusion coins saved and was thinking about arash - I do not have any kings of the game yet and currently in gauntlet champions league so cannot buy gold parts and have 0 gold parts just now 

I could also buy devel 16 @4m and max - this would have a total top speed of around 308mph ??
then buy 2017 Ford gt and also max and save more fusion coins to pro it slowly as it's like pulling teeth to get more purple techs ( really need some purple/gold TECH and ENGINE cups )

wishing all these top cars would go on sale price soon 

not certain if buying devel 16 and upgrading full max would take my total rank in gauntlet over 9000 - currently 8849 - to start buying gold parts 

my top 5 cars are - Chiron.     1795
                               Nemesis   1794
                               Plethore    1777
                               675lt.         1763
                               Agera r.     1720

also have beast x and Bugatti 16.4 but still upgrading pro for them 

what to do next ??

Neilson

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Hi and advice needed

Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:54 pm
Chud spuffington wrote:
Hi guys new forum member here long time reader but decided to join and ask advice about what to do next 

got almost 7m fusion coins saved and was thinking about arash - I do not have any kings of the game yet and currently in gauntlet champions league so cannot buy gold parts and have 0 gold parts just now 

I could also buy devel 16 @4m and max - this would have a total top speed of around 308mph ??
then buy 2017 Ford gt and also max and save more fusion coins to pro it slowly as it's like pulling teeth to get more purple techs ( really need some purple/gold TECH and ENGINE cups )

not certain if buying devel 16 and upgrading full max would take my total rank in gauntlet over 9000 - currently 8849 - to start buying gold parts 

Nemesis   1794
                               Plethore    1777
                               675lt.         1763
                               Agera r.     1720

what to do next ??

No not Atrash.  It's a decent car but  lacks all around. Only good thing is it comes fully pro,d ultimate .  Mine handles like crãp & be bouncing off the track it's almost undrivable . 
spend the 4 mill & get the lambo cent if I were you . Don't buy Atrash
Attachments
Screenshot_2021-03-15-05-50-54.png
Screenshot_2021-03-15-05-50-54.png (614.35 KiB) Viewed 384 times

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:39 pm
+1 to @Neilson’s suggestion, The Cent is the best car for purchase in the game. Jesko might be a better car for some, but is not for sale. Sian maybe? as good, but kits cards are much harder to acquire. I have the FXX K at full PRO and it is close, but the Cent is better. (also, needs kit cards; so, same problem as the Sian.) Also, the Cent has better nitro duration that all the other top cars. This is a very big advantage. Others may have a different opinion, but if I could only own 1 car in this game, it would be the Cent. For you, if you have the PRO cards needed, I’d buy it and upgrade it to max/pro immediately.
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
Moving to new forum: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:50 pm
Welcome to the forum Chud.

As Neilson said the Arash is OK but nothing special, handles like a a tank, on an narrow boat, on rails ATM. The Devel Sixteen suffers similarly. The Ford could be a good choice depending on what you've got in the garage but as Oldman mentioned, you need to be aiming for a fully pro Centenario. It will take a while but it's worth it.
So long, and thanks for all the fish. New, independent A8 forum - https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:58 pm
Harry K wrote:
Welcome to the forum Chud.

As Neilson said the Arash is OK but nothing special, handles like a a tank, on an narrow boat, on rails ATM. The Devel Sixteen suffers similarly. The Ford could be a good choice depending on what you've got in the garage but as Oldman mentioned, you need to be aiming for a fully pro Centenario. It will take a while but it's worth it.

To add to what @Harry said, the Ford is a great car, but for you already having the Beast X, you will not see much if any improvment. I'd just upgrade the Beast X and ignore the Ford for now. Maybe later when you can afford the luxury of owning two A class kings instead of just one. 😜

Again, the Cent is the best car you can buy atm. Grab it and upgrade it to full max/pro asap. That is my recommendation with no hesitation or second thoughts. Woith 7 mil FCs you can buy it and get very close to full PRO immediately. You then just need a wek or two of ST races to get the remaining FCs. (This all assumes that you have the Legendary pro cards. (15 each of tires, suspension, drivetrain and exhaust plus 60 each of engines and tech.)

In case you still look longingly at the Arash and see that "Ultimate" tag calling to you:

The ONLY two reasons to consider the Arash:
   1. No PRO/KIT cards required. For some this is big because Legendary cards are so difficult to acquire. Though this is getting easier recently.
   2. The Arash has a very high TS; so, on longer tracks it is not as bad if you run out of nitro. That said, you will run out of notro much quicker in the Arash than with the Cent.

I still don't think those are good reasons to get the Arash. It has horrible ACC (don't trust the stat. It is a lie) It has terrible drifting. Among the worst in the game. It also has a habit of bouncing/floating. Easy to lose control of this thing; because, it gets airborne so easily.

Good luck with your decision. Ultimately, just pick what makes you happy. Eff everyone else. You do you. 👍
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
Moving to new forum: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/
no avatar

comeongameloft

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:23 pm
Agree with what has already been said. Currently the Cent is the best car in the game. Just look at the leaderboardss for the parts TLE's and cents always make up the majority of the top 10, top 20 etc.

That being said, GL seem be changing the stats of the cars so the Cent may not be top dog for much longer.
Gameloft - the company with limitless greed and no shame.

no avatar

Chud spuffington

Apple (iOS)

Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:11 pm
Did u guys even read what I wrote ?

GOT ZERO GOLD PARTS AND NO WAY TO OBTAIN THEM 

AM IN GAUNTLET CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!!!!

so I buy the centenario and upgrade max - THEN WHAT ???

HappyGamer74

Windows PC

Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:31 pm
I'm sorry,
I think them read. Just them see the long term rather than medium and short term.
Since there are coming many changes in MP, you should wait a couple of weeks and see. 
Perhaps, the only good reason for buying Arash should be those TLE for gaining common parts and raising some fucs, but as far as by now, the situation is superceeded by speed trials.
But, again, you have a 7mln treasure, I think you should go slow and wait; in the meanwhile enjoy you beast.
Have nice races and better life; see you.
Didn't evr got the importance of firm until now:
https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

Shunt

Apple (iOS)

Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:02 pm

Nemesis   1794
                               Plethore    1777
                               675lt.         1763
                               Agera r.     1720

what to do next ??

Looks like you are right that Devel 16 and Arash is your best bet if you want to get into Gauntlet Elite League as soon as possible. By my calculations if you buy Devel 16 (even leaving it at stock) and also buy the Arash then your new best five cars will be:

Arash         1859
                               Devel 16    1814
                               Chiron      1795
                               Nemesis   1794
                               Plethore    1777

Which gives you a total of 9039, enough for Elite League.

Just know that you will struggle at first in Elite League because most players who do well have 4 or 5 cars high-end S-class cars that are fully upgraded - or very close to fully upgraded.  This will make it hard for you to win badges that you can use to buy the superb wild cars or gold legendary parts you want from the Gauntlet Store.

On the other hand just by completing the five races every day you will be rewarded with purple epic parts cards which you also want. And don't forget you can convert those epic parts to legendary parts too. I think it's worth it.

Both the Devel and Arash are decent enough cars as well that even when you manage to acquire better high-end S-class cars you can use the Devel and Arash in your "Gauntlet 5" for a long time.  I still use the Arash in Gauntlet even though I own several fully-upgraded high-end S class cars.

LT43

Windows PC

Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:29 pm
It depends on what you want to use the car for. If for MP racing, the Arash won't really cut it. It will be matched against all the kings and you will lose.  If for TLEs, then that could work just fine. It will be stronger than any other car you can get. The handling is a challenge, but with practice you can manage it. If for Gauntlet, then it could also be fine. I see the Arash being used in Gauntlet EL and it does ok. Wouldn't be my pick, but if I had no other top S-class cars, then it would.  Just be carful that your Gauntlet rank doesn't go over 8999 or you will be promoted to EL. That's ok if you just want to farm resources, but you'll be at the bottom of the barrel and won't win many badges, which means that tuning S-class cars will remain difficult but slowly doable. But the Arash could be good in Gauntlet CL where you want your top 3 cars to be very strong, your 4th car less so and the 5th car seldom matters. So high-ranking cars in positions 1, 2 and 3 will work to your advantage there.  If I was in Gauntlet CL, had no tuned S-class cars and the Arash wouldn't push me in to EL, I'd buy it, learn to drive it and use it in Gauntlet and TLEs.
ALERT: This forum is closing soon.  The new A8 independent forum is here: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net
Go sign up now!!