Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

2steaks

Apple (iOS)

Fake acceleration

Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:49 pm
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.  It took years to get GL to fix the fake speed nonsense but we still have the fake acceleration.  Why do they persist with this? Eg jesko shown as 1.1secs vs centenario at 1.44 when latter smokes the jesko at the start.

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: Fake acceleration

Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:55 pm
Yeah, it’s been mentioned many times. But it’s worth mentioning again. They need to change the stats to match reality. The ACC stats are just like the speed stats used to be.

I think they will not ever modify the cars to match their stats, but at least they should change the stats to reflect the true performance.
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
Moving to new forum: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

HappyGamer74

Windows PC

Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:29 pm
Perhaps,
toghether with acceleration itself we should consider acceleration due to nitro.
In this case, given the greater nitro of Centenario, you easily justify the evidence.
True confrontation of pure acceleration should be done without activating nitro at start.
Didn't evr got the importance of firm until now:
https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

Yonny Meili

Veteran

Windows PC

USA

Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:28 am
Actually if they did use the REAL acceleration speed, there would be no cars or bikes going 200+mph/kmh on the game.. So, the whole concept of.. FAKE speed has been used in games to get people to play... hehe

HappyGamer74

Windows PC

Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:56 am
Yonny Meili wrote:
Actually if they did use the REAL acceleration speed, there would be no cars or bikes going 200+mph/kmh on the game.. So, the whole concept of.. FAKE speed has been used in games to get people to play... hehe

Yes @Yonny,
I was talking inside game mechanics.
All relative.
Of course these cars haven't nothing real.
Many times I've observed that cars going on ramps become smaller then cars going on the road.

"Through the Keyhole" Marvel’s ANT MAN Movie Clip # 3 - Bing video

And it seems to me that corvette C3 has become smaller than original since has been nerfed for ST.
So physics in the game reflect on car's dimension.
Don't talk about barrel rolls, flatspins and landing without damages after 30 meters jumps ecc.
Nice day and races to everyone there.
Didn't evr got the importance of firm until now:
https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:11 pm
HappyGamer74 wrote:
Perhaps,
toghether with acceleration itself we should consider acceleration due to nitro.
In this case, given the greater nitro of Centenario, you easily justify the evidence.
True confrontation of pure acceleration should be done without activating nitro at start.

Which seems to be why high TS / low Nitro vehicles like the Jesko and Arash have such poor ACC despite possessing some of the best ACC stats in the game. I say "seems" because like nitro efficiency, we have only anecdotal evidence for our hypothesis. There seem to be a plethora of hidden stats for vehicles that cause them to transend their actual stats. I mean the Arash has a 1.305 Gs Handling stat, yet demonstrates a drift radius that takes it outside the orbit of Neptune; while, the FXX K has a handling stat of 1.290 Gs and can cut very tight drifting maneuvers.

GL needs to expose the hidden stats to accurately reflect the vehicles performance, just like they did with TS., If a vehicle has a better ACC stat, then it should accelerate faster than all the other vehicles with worse stats. Same goes for handling. The Arash should have a tighter turning circle than the FXX K or the stats should be changed and rank adjusted appropriately.
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
Moving to new forum: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/