Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

drhunziksv

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

I was not sure to post this, but now I have enough of this. For the 6th time in 6 days Ive been muted by the same mod over at Discord A8 server, for basically silly reasons, and today for no reason AT ALL.
I have enough. Its sad because new players come over there and ask how to tune cars, whats best cars to buy, how to play the game in the best way, and we veterans help.
But after getting muted every day without reason, I think it is basically pointless to continue.
I think someone (higher level than him) needs to step up there and tell the mod in question to stop muting veteran users over and over again over silly things because thats not how you moderate a forum.
This is beyond professional, its really targeting users.
Thanks in advance if someone can do something about this. Its absolutely not enjoyable to be in a server where u are in constant "fear" (metaphorically speaking) of getting muted over nothing.
no avatar

Girishiv

Windows PC

i agree with dr.the server was a fun place before.i joined it two months ago,and used it as a source to gain information abt the game. now,a moderator named DaRe keeps muting people going offtopic,which is good.But he also mutes people who question his moderation.I have been muted countless times just because i questioned his moderation capacity and ideology.this has to stop ,to make the server a fun place again
no avatar

Chaosfantazy12

Google Play (Android)

I honestly 100% agree. Several times multiple people have been muted for reasons that dont resolve to a mute. This kind of moderation makes the server no longer enjoyable to chat in because people are always getting muted for silly things. So please kindly check moderation in the official a8 discord server.

LT43

Windows PC

I tried Discord, didn't find it to my liking, never went back.  Perhaps try using the forum more, we're glad to have you.
ALERT: This forum is closing soon.  The new A8 independent forum is here: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net
Go sign up now!!
no avatar

drhunziksv

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

tx dude. Discord was actually fun and very good for interaction between players up to 1 week ago. Then some mod took over and now its basically a... well its basically you cant step outside of a narrow line (which doesnt matter anyway because this mod will mute you even if you havent done anything).
The reason why that server is good as a complement to the forum is because its fast chat and new players seem to start there rather than here to ask questions about cars and the game in general. Also its easier to post ss and vids of races.
Also there is a community over there as well, tho now most of it is muted or banned lol

chauhan739

Google Play (Android)

I now hits enter key very carefully on discord while sending my messageand check it atleast two times because my warning limit now says that i'll be banned forever if i send any message which seems to be inappropriate to chat mods. So, basically, i agree to dr saying that i also experience fear now posting anything there.
Moreover, it's the game that makes me muted in that server time to time as i go there whenever i am frustrated by game and post there GAMELOFTED and the dumb bot mutes me.
#banmee6
The winner ain’t the one with the fastest car, it’s the one who refuses to lose. p)
https://youtube.com/channel/UC12aQy8748-12AgMRJzhQyg

Join new A8 forum:  https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Pepper was that you?

Sorry Dr, we had a very similar Mod/Community Manager here a while back. Posts deleted en masse, members temporarily or even permanently banned. A lot because they disagreed with the CM knowledge and decisions. That same CM was the one who promoted Discord (great name) and forced OT posts to a single thread. That's not how conversation works.

I'm a big fan of off topic, always have been but it's especially important in these self isolation days. I understand the need to try to keep mostly to game chat but a bit of lee way is expected.

Anyway you're most welcome here, as are all. It'll be hard to find a bigger repository of game info and a bigger pile of absolute (often funny) random b0ll0cks.
So long, and thanks for all the fish. New, independent A8 forum - https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

I don't know Discord.
When you say "a mod has taken over" doesn't that mean our CM has given up Discord? It's only a matter of time before our CM moves on to other games. So if DaRe takes over Discord, he'll take over here too ...(?)
Are there multiple mods active on the A8 Discord server?
(Or brillianty programmed tools such like Cheaterboard are used for muting, banning etc.?)

If muting is the future of this forum, it would be against Alejandro's guidelines:
“You're more than welcome to complain and debate about things you don't like about the game."
&
“Aren’t all these rules censorship?
That’s seeing a half-empty glass. We’re seeing it differently. We’re striving to offer a place to foster great conversations that will not solve your problems at all, and will remove people or content that might harm that endeavor. Maybe at other places you can do differently and get actual advice from companies that aren't only focused on Profit, but these are our rules. We’ll do anything necessary to maintain that standards. If you aren’t happy with it, we’re sorry, but we invite you to find another forum to join.”

But a new CM won't bother ... and I'm sure he would immediately give most of us a lifelong ban ... 😂🤣🤐

chauhan739

Google Play (Android)

For those who want to taste discord server (A8 official):-
https://discord.gg/uUk5XgYwDd
Please ping me there if anyone gets entered there for the first time using my link. I'll br there to welcome you all
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
Above link activated for first 100 users only
Capture2.PNG (7 KiB) Viewed 244 times
The winner ain’t the one with the fastest car, it’s the one who refuses to lose. p)
https://youtube.com/channel/UC12aQy8748-12AgMRJzhQyg

Join new A8 forum:  https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/
no avatar

woopsynutts

Windows PC

lol, this Discrod is insane, average members around 16 and the mods not much older, level of retardation unreal, and now ruled by the pathetic CarsOn and his mafiosi mod friends, banning and muting for their personal interests as I saw lately, trully patethic...
if it wasn't for the rare leaks from E. and the last place where Andreea dare to write few words here and there I'd be happy to avoid and delete this 💩

better never pass this dramatic step for your sanity  :D   :

@bruhsonbro : "GLitchloft programmers are F,n mooks.  I literally mean f them mooks"