Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

AndreeaFromGameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Andreea has abandoned the forum

Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:41 pm
I'm pretty sure I've been quite upfront about all the issues and have done my job where I could. The fact that you have sent me and I have not answered to you about it, because I was aware of the issue and have already talked to Karina, doesn't mean I didn't try to do something about it! :)
''Never one, without the other'' - Greatest story between me and games

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Re: Andreea has abandoned the forum

Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:06 pm
LT43 wrote:
You would think that GL would put more resources in where people are actually present.

Where are people actually present? Facebook. discord. Not forums.

Just look at user numbers and daily activity.
Contact Customer Care to get a ticket ID: viewtopic.php?f=1908&t=699439
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
Playing A8 since Feb 22, 2016. Own 269 vehicles. Total Play Time: 84d 16h. The FLU ate my other stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: Aug 11, 2020
"Blogging is not writing. It's graffiti with punctuation."

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:49 pm
audiorapture wrote:
LT43 wrote:
You would think that GL would put more resources in where people are actually present.

Then it would be only logical and consistent to abolish the forum! If you want to be in contact or if you want to reach someone who is present you can reach A8 via discord, fb etc - in this case it would be the only obvious and honest and easiest solution for all parties: the forum is dead, forum forever ... on other platforms.

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:04 pm
^^^^ True Audio but very sad given the vast shared knowledge base here. The closest thing there is is the WiKi site but recent changes make it difficult to keep it current.

Fkw does a better job with announcements than any CM or Mod has ever done and CMs can only pass on info provided by the team, often wrong. I don't mean that at all as a slight, just an observation. (oh, and pay Fkw) :).

Trying to think of a suitable song for Andreea's departure but I've got this one stuck in my head (re-watched Hornblower recently).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=70wkdqX8HP0

Good luck mate.
So long, and thanks for all the fish. New, independent A8 forum - https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:13 pm
Alexatrom wrote:
Then it would be only logical and consistent to abolish the forum! If you want to be in contact or if you want to reach someone who is present you can reach A8 via discord, fb etc - in this case it would be the only obvious and honest and easiest solution for all parties: the forum is dead, forum forever ... on other platforms.

Do you really think the dev team can remove the forum links from the game without seriously effing up something else? :)
So long, and thanks for all the fish. New, independent A8 forum - https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:37 pm
Harry K wrote:
Alexatrom wrote:

Do you really think the dev team can remove the forum links from the game without seriously effing up something else? :)

As a big fan of the dev team and as a connoisseur of the great successes of Team Kharkiv, I firmly believe that they would be able to implement a gray button or spinning circles ...

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:00 pm
Alexatrom wrote:
Harry K wrote:
Alexatrom wrote:

As a big fan of the dev team and as a connoisseur of the great successes of Team Kharkiv, I firmly believe that they would be able to implement a gray button or spinning circles ...

Very funny Alex, made me grin.

Timmr

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:28 pm
audiorapture wrote:
LT43 wrote:

It certainly raises the question: Why have and/or maintain the forum at all, if it contains & represents a small, fringe and perhaps unimportant group of players/customers ?

I have visited both Gameloft Discord and Facebook; to be fair, not a great deal or extensively. However, I don't see a meaningful difference. Most of the same issues, problems and difficulties are mentioned and discussed in these venues. Facebook comments seem to be less negative and offer much more praise. Discord comments seem to be just as negative, but contain or are occupied with much more player to player chatter.

Are you suggesting that players only use Discord and Facebook if they want issues addressed or considered ?

The real question: Is Gameloft listening and devoting the appropriate effort and attention to player issues in general regardless of platform ?
"I don't need any Vulcan or Apollo while I have my Dodge Dart !!!"
(actually, I now own both the Apollo & Vulcan, so I guess I will say goodbye to my Dodge Dart)

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:37 pm
Timmr wrote:
The real question: Is Gameloft listening and devoting the appropriate effort and attention to player issues in general regardless of platform ?

The real answer to your real question seems simple:
NO!
Obviously!
GL would like CMs to serve prominent platforms first like fb, discord ...
and then "maybe" their own forums ... -
that's why I said GL should abolish forums.

Our CM seems to take care of the forum just because CM sometimes has time ...
this is an extra to what GL pays for ...

A8 forum is third grade or less priority, it is nothing that GL can generate clicks / likes / attention ... online currency is not defined by good work. How do we think a forum should work?

We communicate in an area that is GL's own territory and is therefore "finished" to GL's communication-ambitions here ... ✅, we already know that GL is not interested in our points of view nor the game ...

LT43

Windows PC

Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:05 pm
I think that GL actually does pay attention to the forum, as well as discord and fb. It's just that they do not provide any direct feedback. But other than that, the forum is primarily a place where players can connect, discuss the game and share tips. For that alone the forum is very valuable. A8 would be less fun without a gathering place like the forum.
ALERT: This forum is closing soon.  The new A8 independent forum is here: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net
Go sign up now!!