Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

FANTASTICVOYAGE

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: Tribute To All The Fallen Comrades

Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:10 pm
List updated. Pez (thanks Kadri) will be intentionally left off since neither one of us valued his input.

FANTASTICVOYAGE

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:14 pm
Is Kadri going to change his name since he was traded away?
no avatar

RostandR

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:50 pm
Did Spudanky (Spud) post anything on this forum ? When I was a noôb I enjoyed following him on the wiki forum.
His Guide to Playing Asphalt 8 was (and still is) gold: User blog:Spudanky (fandom.com)

Kadri

Google Play (Android)

Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:24 am
FANTASTICVOYAGE wrote:

No, I still love his style of play. 

Trading him was a necessary but painful move due to the cap.  He was a good second line center stuck as a third line center in Toronto.  And he was the only "sandpaper" we had in our roster.   Look at how quickly we lost to Columbus without him last season.

That said, I really like the team we have this year.
Go Leafs Go!

Kadri

Google Play (Android)

Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:25 am
FANTASTICVOYAGE wrote:
List updated. Pez (thanks Kadri) will be intentionally left off since neither one of us valued his input.

Amen to that!👍🏻
Go Leafs Go!

FANTASTICVOYAGE

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:54 am
Kadri wrote:
FANTASTICVOYAGE wrote:

No, I still love his style of play. 

Trading him was a necessary but painful move due to the cap.  He was a good second line center stuck as a third line center in Toronto.  And he was the only "sandpaper" we had in our roster.   Look at how quickly we lost to Columbus without him last season.

That said, I really like the team we have this year.

Maple Leafs really miss his toughness though. Why not let Nylander leave so others could remain? I heard someone on the podcast I listen to say you would have beaten the Bruins in 2019 if Kadri wasn't out.

I didn't know you were a Raptors fan. It's crazy how both our teams finally won a championship at the same time that year.

Kadri

Google Play (Android)

Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:28 am
Yep, Kadri's inability to stay out of suspension in the post season was the single most important factor in him being traded instead of Nylander.

I am not as much a Raptors fan as I am a Maple Leafs or Blue Jays fan. But I guess any sports team in Toronto is fair game for me.... :P

Yeah, all because you got Bozak from us. LOL
Go Leafs Go!

FANTASTICVOYAGE

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:54 pm
Maple Leafs now tied for the most points in the league. I haven't seen them play, but I hear the defense is much improved from years past.

And don't forget it was Gunnarsson who scored the OT winner in Game 2. That was essentially a must win game.

Springer is a nice addition for the Blue Jays. Where are they going to play this year?

Kadri

Google Play (Android)

Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:39 am
Jays are **** stacking up on hitters but penny pinching on pitchers. Our Starting rotation is a one man show. Should have signed at least a James Paxton or something....
Go Leafs Go!