Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

RostandR

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: MP rank reset question

Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:09 am
Nitetraitor wrote:
(...) I estimated about 4000 for elite. 

I hope you reach Elite league soon, but 4,000 is not enough. Try 4,500+
no avatar

Nitetraitor

Apple (iOS)

Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:49 am
RostandR wrote:
Nitetraitor wrote:
(...) I estimated about 4000 for elite. 

I hope you reach Elite league soon, but 4,000 is not enough. Try 4,500+

After you have the right cars and skill and endurance it's really time in the end. But another way of doing it is to start early in the season and reach elite which is now about 2550 (I just beat one who was at this rank on the terra track) I'm at 2400 and already it's hard to find points. The prize is not worth it to me, in fact it's never worth it to me. I just thought the idea of getting to elite was novel because I never thought I would ever reach Champion. I have an old garage and these cars have been doing the job just fine for me so I'm not hunting for baubles.
no avatar

RostandR

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:48 pm
I reached EL 10 times in the last 18 months, but nowadays it would be impossible for me even if I tried really hard and played TB 24/7. 

But you seem younger so maybe you have a chance.

For me it is not a matter of sour grapes: I am not able to achieve that any longer. Simple.
Attachments
F75F820F-9208-48B2-9ED5-761F27634009.png
F75F820F-9208-48B2-9ED5-761F27634009.png (605.69 KiB) Viewed 114 times
no avatar

Nitetraitor

Apple (iOS)

Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:40 pm
RostandR wrote:
I reached EL 10 times in the last 18 months, but nowadays it would be impossible for me even if I tried really hard and played TB 24/7. 

But you seem younger so maybe you have a chance.

For me it is not a matter of sour grapes: I am not able to achieve that any longer. Simple.

Wow, if I reached EL once I would have probably quit the game. So your achievements are commendable. I'm too old to do this as well and only play as much because of the pandemic. I doubt it will happen especially that I don't drive any of the new vehicles but I am not in the least bit wanting. I have so many other things and people to whom I am devoted, so you are a pleasant reminder of that. Thank you for your well wishes and best to you.
no avatar

DBThanatos

Google Play (Android)

Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:55 pm
Nitetraitor wrote:
 Who knew CL1 is the largest league in A8?

I personally find the whole Champion league a bit of a an issue.

People who are in beginner, silver, even gold league have something to chase: Ranking up to reach the next league. It's nowhere as difficult from a beginner to silver, or a silver to gold, or gold to champion, compared to champion to elite. Champion to Elite is a massive task, and for example, I personally stop caring about ranking up as soon as I reach champion, because it doesn't matter what rank of champion I reach, I end up getting the same rewards atthe end of the season. I think there should be something intermediate between champion and elite. Not necessarily another rank, but an increase of the rewards.

I understand that Elite is indeed for the "elite" players that have acquired the best cars and run on boosters all races, but the difficulty gap between these two leagues is just too unresonable IMO.

audiorapture

MVP

Apple (iOS)

IOS

Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:07 pm
DBThanatos wrote:
I understand that Elite is indeed for the "elite" players that have acquired the best cars and run on boosters all races, but the difficulty gap between these two leagues is just too unresonable IMO.

Unfortunately, you are mistaken - Elite is predominantly for players who get together in "boosting teams" to inflate their ratings in a coordinated effort.
Contact Customer Care to get a ticket ID: viewtopic.php?f=1908&t=699439
IOS friending requires Facebook, send me a private message to link up
Playing A8 since Feb 22, 2016. Own 269 vehicles. Total Play Time: 84d 16h. The FLU ate my other stats.
Support Info: IOS, Player ID 6hde | Signature Update: Aug 11, 2020
"Blogging is not writing. It's graffiti with punctuation."

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:22 pm
audiorapture wrote:
DBThanatos wrote:

Unfortunately, you are mistaken - Elite is predominantly for players who get together in "boosting teams" to inflate their ratings in a coordinated effort.

As Audio said. But it is possible for a sole non che@t player to reach Elite if they put in the hours. It's just very unlikely. Teams fight for it every season and some will try to stop you. Judge for yourself if you think team boosting is che@ting. I think it is.
So long, and thanks for all the fish. New, independent A8 forum - https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/
no avatar

RostandR

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:42 am
Yeap, since September '20 (when platforms merged) EL is team chéating territory. 

If GL makes EL top 300, there will also be room for solo chéaters and a few dozen spots left for legit players.

1% would be really nice too...
no avatar

Nitetraitor

Apple (iOS)

Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:23 pm
DBThanatos wrote:
Nitetraitor wrote:
 Who knew CL1 is the largest league in A8?

I personally find the whole Champion league a bit of a an issue.

People who are in beginner, silver, even gold league have something to chase: Ranking up to reach the next league. It's nowhere as difficult from a beginner to silver, or a silver to gold, or gold to champion, compared to champion to elite. Champion to Elite is a massive task, and for example, I personally stop caring about ranking up as soon as I reach champion, because it doesn't matter what rank of champion I reach, I end up getting the same rewards atthe end of the season. I think there should be something intermediate between champion and elite. Not necessarily another rank, but an increase of the rewards.

After reading this it has occurred to me that there is a typo on the Elite League banner which states "2500+ top 100". This is wrongly stated because I am currently in CL 1 and my rating is 3100 (mind greater than 2500) and my stated rank is 87,  I should be elite, but no. They need to redo the banner for accuracy. They should delete rating of 2500+ and just say top 100 players.

SmoothOperator

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:12 pm
@Nitetraitor one has to reach Rank 2500 minimum to qualify for Elite league then they have to be in top 100 of 2500+ Rank to actually be in Elite league.

Your rank CL 87 overall is 187 and because top 100 were treated as Elite your Rank was adjusted to CL 87 (187-100).
GL has decided to shut down this forum and asked us to join them on bla & bla bla where there is more noise but I prefer to migrate to https://asphalt8.freeforums.net
where forum friends have decided to congregrate and keep the spirit of this dying forum alive.