Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

Buddha Wiz

Apple TV (iOS)

Re: Car Control Issues Listing

Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:07 pm
breizatao wrote:
Still haven't figured out that GL does what he wants with anything? Do the right thing with anyone?..... You, the elders?
You amaze me......
Harry; you talk about "traction": you mean "attraction", don't you? Or "gravity"?
And when you say "If you run a new test count with a speed h @ ck, the Dart misses / behaves the same way at > 400 km / h." What do you mean by that? What do you know about it?

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

LMFAOOO no offense bro but if English is not your first language then don't try to correct others. You just played yourself 🤡

UndyingTestimony14

Google Play TV (Android)

Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:09 pm
I am quite experienced already and can make the difference between making a mistake or getting tons of crap by the game engine. I got 3 quick wins in the Multiplayer cup after midningt and these last 4 races the game engine is doing everything possible to put me last. Like I am leading comfortably and my car starts behaving like an uncontrollable sledge....
If you Gameloft think that we people are st.u.pid and do not see the obvious, you are very wrong! The same is valid during the Multiplayer season, where cars are exploding by themselves or wrecking into thin air. This crap is something that can put me off the game for days.

Time to get rid of your crap Gameloft and leave the track to the racers.
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone

Greece

Re: A feature not a bug

Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:10 pm
Buddha Wiz wrote:
Also consider that the skidding may be a feature not a bug. Maybe they just wanted to add realism by adding all the dangers of driving at those speeds. 300 mph and any minor bump can send you careening off track.

If this were the case, it would affect all fast cars, not a selected few.
All these cars may be fast and vulnerable to the slightest error, but they are also, supposedly, very advanced in handling and general behavior to cope with the speed/acceleration 👍
GL knows about it, but it'll take them another year maybe to fix it... :-D

Buddha Wiz

Apple TV (iOS)

Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:15 pm
It DOES affect all fast cars.

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Re: A feature not a bug

Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:20 pm
Buddha Wiz wrote:
Also consider that the skidding may be a feature not a bug. Maybe they just wanted to add realism by adding all the dangers of driving at those speeds. 300 mph and any minor bump can send you careening off track.

It's an arcade style game, "realism" is for simulators, 32 barrel rolls in one jump isn't.

If it was a feature they wouldn't have fixed it several times before.

I understand your thinking but as some fully upgraded festival cars suffer I don't think it's international. It's purely down to messing about with game physics. Just don't think the current Devs are up to the job.
So long, and thanks for all the fish. New, independent A8 forum - https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

UndyingTestimony14

Google Play TV (Android)

Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:20 pm
Nat B wrote:
GL can get rid of old players (without creating control issues) at any given moment in time.

TERMS OF USE

I. YOUR ACCOUNT / PASSWORD SECURITY / SUSPENSION, TERMINATION

Without limiting anything in this Agreement, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to restrict, suspend, or terminate your Account and/or your access to any or all parts of the Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability, including in the event we stop offering any aspect of the Services.

They are welcome to terminate me. I left there 50 EUR the last 3 days only, so go ahead and good luck!

racer123459

Windows PC

Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:05 pm
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aqa61ILO12Fb7QN9b74 ... a?e=guCNOq
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aqa61ILO12Fb7QSoDdj ... h?e=dQD8Cp
Пока просто гоняешь не по сети-можно переиграть, но в сети или на арене с этим кататься не возможно. Испортили всю игру
While you are just racing not on the network, you can replay, but it is not possible to ride on the network or in the arena with this. Ruined the whole game
Курить вредно, пить противно, а умирать здоровым жалко.
Smoking is harmful, drinking is disgusting, and dying healthy is a pity.
no avatar

comeongameloft

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:24 am
racer123459 wrote:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aqa61ILO12Fb7QN9b74ojFP_rFGa?e=guCNOq
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aqa61ILO12Fb7QSoDdj ... h?e=dQD8Cp
Пока просто гоняешь не по сети-можно переиграть, но в сети или на арене с этим кататься не возможно. Испортили всю игру
While you are just racing not on the network, you can replay, but it is not possible to ride on the network or in the arena with this. Ruined the whole game

Added those links to the main list of links.  I'll forward to GL too, but tbh I've run out of energy fighting GL on this issue, peraps somebody else can take up the fight.  They are just too obtuse and stiff necked.  And when you ask the CM for an update the white knights of the forum turn on you.

They are not going to fix this issue.  I think its been 1/2 a year since it was brought to thier attention and since then they have released all kind of useless updates but not a single fix.  GL is a very organised company, they probably have already schedules festivals and more scams for the rest of year and I bet not single fix for the skidding issue will surface.

They have made their position very clear....all they are interested in our money.....we are the ones who are being foolish enough to believe that there is any goodwill in GL towards us.
Gameloft - the company with limitless greed and no shame.

Nat B

Windows PC

Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:18 am
You amaze me, comeongameloft. Read your own message backwards. You know everything, you understand everything, and nevertheless you stubbornly stick to “white knights of the forum that are turning on you”-and-“update”-subject.

You do understand that for an update one needs new information, don’t you? No update means absence of new information.
We already have “official” answers: “they are looking into it” and “the problem will be fixed in one of the following updateS”.

Let me update you further on the subject.

Communication’s purpose is obtaining information (e. g. about skidding), processing/analyzing that information (e. g., skidding problems and why they occur) and working out a solution (e. g. fixing bugs).

And if an organization withdraws its CM from the forum it means — from their point of view — that they are not interested in crappy, annoying, driving-‘em-crazy, BS information about skids, bugs, half-barrels, vertical flat spins, spinning circles, crashes, 30 fps on Android, you name it. No communication signals no interest and vice versa. And bugging the CM about updates won’t bring any updates because there are no updates.

And believe me or not, I am not turning on you. You never set up anyone on this forum, you never threatened anyone on this forum and you never snatched anything from anyone on this forum. Why would anyone here turn on you?
Von zwei Narren hält der größere den kleineren für den größeren.
Emil Gött

racer123459

Windows PC

Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:42 am
Buddha Wiz
«Also consider that the skidding may be a feature not a bug. Maybe they just wanted to add realism by adding all the dangers of driving at those speeds. 300 mph and any minor bump can send you careening off track.»
Why then does this not happen on new top-end cars at the same speeds
Почему тогда это не происходит на новых топовых машинах при тех же скоростях
Курить вредно, пить противно, а умирать здоровым жалко.
Smoking is harmful, drinking is disgusting, and dying healthy is a pity.