Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

eugened

Windows PC

Re: Car Control Issues Listing

Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:10 pm
I think skidding effect Is a feature (but not the effect of "climing on walls"), and maybe they have different settings in car models (say, tires friction and so on).
And let me add some conspirology :) - maybe, some car manufacturers "sponsor" their models to be well-controlled in-game, so that they have positive image. Just a guess.

Nat B

Windows PC

Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:41 pm
Car manufacturer’s marketing guy asks publisher’s licensing guy.

- Yesterday I visited your forum. What does FUGL abbreviation mean some forum members add at the end of their messages?

- Oh, FUGL…it means…it means… it is ‘thank you very much’ on forum jargon. They express their gratitude for the models you’ve sponsored. See, I told you that a positive image can work miracles.

@eugened
No offence, just making a joke. :)
Von zwei Narren hält der größere den kleineren für den größeren.
Emil Gött
no avatar

comeongameloft

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:14 pm
I remember a while ago, there was a post from somebody who emailed mcClaren and told them how their brand was being represented in this game (skidding, crashing etc).....I dont think they ever got a reply from McClaren.
Gameloft - the company with limitless greed and no shame.

Nat B

Windows PC

Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:25 pm
To perform an act or to abstain from performing an act, that is the question that depends on a few things.

Who’s the addressee, what is her/his position in the company, what kind of a person (s)he is etc. Such kind of a message can be a pain in the butt. Delivering bad news is a risky proposition because sometimes messengers get shot.
Emil Gött

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:47 pm
Nat B wrote:
Car manufacturer’s marketing guy asks publisher’s licensing guy.

- Yesterday I visited your forum. What does FUGL abbreviation mean some forum members add at the end of their messages?

- Oh, FUGL…it means…it means… it is ‘thank you very much’ on forum jargon. They express their gratitude for the models you’ve sponsored. See, I told you that a positive image can work miracles.

@Nat B.

Ahhh😜 ... Now I understand ... Fank U Gery Luch is forum slang ...
I wasn't sure if it maybe stands for
Frustrated Users Get Lost or
Fools' Unlimited Greed Laboratories or
Fancy Up Glorious Littering or 
something completely different ...🤔

So FUGL for the explanation ...🤣😉
Make it happen ...

Nat B

Windows PC

Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:48 pm
Forgive me publisher for I have sinned.

I don’t know whether I should be ashamed or not, but I can’t get enough of that acronym. Not because I am p1ssed off with whoever or whatever, not at all. I just find it funny as hell. Sometimes you read through a message and bingo, there it is — the punch-line, the abbreviated commercium song. Gaudeamus Igitur of A8 players. :)
Emil Gött

Harry K

Veteran

Windows Phone

Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:55 pm
comeongameloft wrote:
I remember a while ago, there was a post from somebody who emailed mcClaren and told them how their brand was being represented in this game (skidding, crashing etc).....I dont think they ever got a reply from McClaren.

This is funny Comeongl. :)

I'm sure Mr. McClaren didn't have a clue what they where talking about. Wonder what McLaren would have said?
So long, and thanks for all the fish. New, independent A8 forum - https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone

Greece

Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:36 pm
Harry K wrote:
comeongameloft wrote:

This is funny Comeongl. :)

I'm sure Mr. McClaren didn't have a clue what they where talking about. Wonder what McLaren would have said?

McLaren replied and said: "comeongameloft" ;D
no avatar

Gary_B

Google Play (Android)

Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:07 am
This is just the same problem repeated over and over again by your developers. Version control for this game is a joke. You should be ashamed of this release. Lets be frank the Mclaren problems are the same as when they were refered to as skid clarens. The other cars with control issues appear to be beta versions with the later versions of down grades. Come on gamelot admit it when you built this version you used the wrong code base to build from. This is not the first time you have built a version with the wrong code base. Your source contol is a joke, your build process is a joke and everyone knows your testing is none. I built, maintained, released and dealt with version and source code control for 35 years. It is obvious to anyone involed with evoling software systems what the problems are here. Get off your cheap butts and follow one of the many proven methods for software release and control.

Alexatrom

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:33 pm
Gary_B wrote:
This is just the same problem repeated over and over again by your developers. Version control for this game is a joke. You should be ashamed of this release. Lets be frank the Mclaren problems are the same as when they were refered to as skid clarens. The other cars with control issues appear to be beta versions with the later versions of down grades. Come on gamelot admit it when you built this version you used the wrong code base to build from. This is not the first time you have built a version with the wrong code base. Your source contol is a joke, your build process is a joke and everyone knows your testing is none. I built, maintained, released and dealt with version and source code control for 35 years. It is obvious to anyone involed with evoling software systems what the problems are here. Get off your cheap butts and follow one of the many proven methods for software release and control.

This is the general analysis of everything that is going wrong here.
Thank you @Gary_B for your brilliant post!👍⚠️😉
Make it happen ...