Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

comeongameloft

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Car Control Issues Listing

Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:10 pm
Lastest email from CC (received today 11/dec/2020):

[start email]
Thanks for reaching out.
I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these difficulties.
Please rest assured that we are already aware of that issue occurring for some players.
The development team have confirmed that they are investigating this problem and it should be fixed in one of coming updates.
[end email]
Gameloft - the company with limitless greed and no shame.

no avatar

Beartarian

Apple (iOS)

Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:10 pm
Some players !!!!!ABSURD !!! All players!! Control on these cars ****

twentyeggs

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:23 pm
I'll add my video here too. https://youtu.be/GkeYZFz13IU

Too many cars to list, the problem is pretty much all encompassing. The issue has something to do with the game and not with specific cars; although some are more sensitive than other. This skidding is worse now than it has ever been.
________________________________________________________________________________
no avatar

InfiniteBrakeXXX

Windows PC

Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:44 am
I have the feeling that the update made things worse.
My cars have started to really get uncontrollable 😓
no avatar

simplyjens

Windows PC

Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:59 am
InfiniteBrakeXXX wrote:

Noticed the same... usually after 15 minutes of racing, the app goes bonkers and even the Furai glitches. Noticed it when trying the FC challenge, today.  The only non-glitchers at 1800 or higher are the Ford GT 2017 and the Pagani BC... even the 720S in countdown cup was whizzing all over the track and it took three tries to just get a race without major errors in.

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:32 am
simplyjens wrote:
InfiniteBrakeXXX wrote:

Noticed the same... usually after 15 minutes of racing, the app goes bonkers and even the Furai glitches. Noticed it when trying the FC challenge, today.  The only non-glitchers at 1800 or higher are the Ford GT 2017 and the Pagani BC... even the 720S in countdown cup was whizzing all over the track and it took three tries to just get a race without major errors in.

The FXX K and the SV are still pretty stable... Tho very rarely, the SV does a little shimmy, but no trouble with it today...
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
Moving to new forum: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/
no avatar

simplyjens

Windows PC

Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:47 am
oldman65 wrote:
simplyjens wrote:
InfiniteBrakeXXX wrote:

The FXX K and the SV are still pretty stable... Tho very rarely, the SV does a little shimmy, but no trouble with it today...

The SV always jumps sideways on a drift punch for me... but maybe due to my 1817 tuning... I never use it, after the elite tuning went away.  Dunno about the FXX K - it is collecting dust at Mastery level 6

oldman65

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:03 pm
simplyjens wrote:
The SV always jumps sideways on a drift punch for me... but maybe due to my 1817 tuning... I never use it, after the elite tuning went away.  Dunno about the FXX K - it is collecting dust at Mastery level 6

Yeah, I have to double-pump the SV sometimes in a tight drift. The sector 8 spiral is a good example. Not bad like the Arash which will just get airborne and float uncontrollably to its death over minor dips and bumps.

My FXX K is 10-9-10-10. Need 9 more cards to PRO it. Extremely stable. Accelerates like a missle. Has a very tight drifting radius without the crazy oversteer of an Atom or an AR8SE. Very good on technical tracks when you will need quick drifting and acc out of turns. Only weakness is somewhat wide steering when not drifting. Most turns you are better off with quick micro-drifts.

FXX K and SV are my top cars with the X2 skidding and while I wait to PRO the Cent. Once the latter is PROd it will be my top car for every race.

✌️😷
Car I most want added to A8:
       1991 MAZDA 787B
Moving to new forum: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net/

Buddha Wiz

Apple TV (iOS)

Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:52 am
Ariel Atom is the ONLY consistently well performing car that is the least susceptible to the skid glitch. I've stopped using my max Pro AR8SE because I've been dropping too many points in MP because of skidding inexplicably. Atom also skids but not as often in not as many places. Formula E car is one of my favorite. I have it at almost PRO but can't use it in MP because it smashes all over the place. Shame.

Pretty much all the so called "super" cars are undriveable. It is pretty evident when you play the current MP cup in Iceland for example and the cars have absolutely no traction whatsoever.

Buddha Wiz

Apple TV (iOS)

A feature not a bug

Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:54 am
Also consider that the skidding may be a feature not a bug. Maybe they just wanted to add realism by adding all the dangers of driving at those speeds. 300 mph and any minor bump can send you careening off track.