Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

A8PG

Windows PC

Re: Multiplayer Fall Flash Season

Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:27 pm
Well...that's that !
Gues I have to deal with it and get pleased with the fact that sometimes, justice is served.  :)
This is my last attempt to reach EL on my own, in honnest way, then, no matter what, NS only and have fun once in a while, grabbing decent stuff from here and there. 

Thanks for your time !
Attachments
2020-11-15 (8).png
2020-11-15 (8).png (438.22 KiB) Viewed 611 times

DriverFunk

Apple TV (iOS)

Bulgaria

Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:46 pm
A8PG wrote:
Well...that's that !
Gues I have to deal with it and get pleased with the fact that sometimes, justice is served.  :)
This is my last attempt to reach EL on my own, in honnest way, then, no matter what, NS only and have fun once in a while, grabbing decent stuff from here and there. 

Thanks for your time !

@A8PG 
Congratulations!

IMO, nowadays especially after the unification of the three platforms, to reach (and keep) the Elite League without a Team is (almost) a mission impossible. Before that was possible — with a lot of play, with some luck, even just with NS (eg @itsyou18). Now, even if you see a seemingly "solo" player (some YouTubers too ;) ), know that there are always "friends" who help him to reach EL. Always.
Racing Name: DriverFunk™

fkw123

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:27 am
Recently decided to finally PROed the SR1.. i can honestly say it works out better than i expected it to be ;D

Moyosore7

Windows PC

Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:59 am
Itsyou18 wrote:
For those who are not aware of it. Here is where a racer could lose their lead in Neon Pursuit if the other racer uses this teleport bug. However, taking the tunnel to the left is the fastest route.

Noice!

Funnily enough there's a crash-teleport bug on the last ramp of Metal Garden (Neon Pursuit reverse track).

Go high off the penultimate ramp on the right hand side before the home stretch, hit the following barrel ramp at its lowest point and find yourself teleported ahead to your next landing point, shaving off a few seconds of airtime in the process.

It's a toss up of whether your prefer airtime (nitro) or you already have enough in the tank to guarantee the home stretch before your boosted rivals are breathing down your neck to the finish line.

Enjoy. 😉

SmoothOperator

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:09 am
Moyosore7 wrote:
Itsyou18 wrote:
For those who are not aware of it. Here is where a racer could lose their lead in Neon Pursuit if the other racer uses this teleport bug. However, taking the tunnel to the left is the fastest route.

Noice!

Funnily enough there's a crash-teleport bug on the last ramp of Metal Garden (Neon Pursuit reverse track).

Go high off the penultimate ramp on the right hand side before the home stretch, hit the following barrel ramp at its lowest point and find yourself teleported ahead to your next landing point, shaving off a few seconds of airtime in the process.

It's a toss up of whether your prefer airtime (nitro) or you already have enough in the tank to guarantee the home stretch before your boosted rivals are breathing down your neck to the finish line.

Enjoy. 😉

He has already practiced benefitting from that bug 😂
We can't change the direction of the wind, but we can adjust the sails.

I am responsible for what I said not for what you understood.

Moyosore7

Windows PC

Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:53 am
Moyosore7 wrote:
Itsyou18 wrote:

Noice!

Enjoy. 😉

He has already practiced benefitting from that bug 😂

Sly dog, the more you know and all that..😏 👍

What's really maddening is the attempted barrel rolls that sometimes results from taking that flat ramp before.

As a matter of fact, most of the ramps in Terra 9 give rise to the weirdest physics in the game. 😂
no avatar

Itsyou18

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:18 pm
fkw123 wrote:
Recently decided to finally PROed the SR1.. i can honestly say it works out better than i expected it to be ;D

Reassuring to hear. I am on the fence about proing mine. It's in the garage at stock. Is it a performer with NS only?
no avatar

Itsyou18

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:54 pm
This is a first for me.
Attachments
0F748305-9A73-4B9D-ADFF-B9958D67CE3A.jpeg
4th place gets an = sign!
0F748305-9A73-4B9D-ADFF-B9958D67CE3A.jpeg (1.96 MiB) Viewed 433 times
2C3140D9-A685-4CBA-B241-ECD6AE29906F.jpeg
2C3140D9-A685-4CBA-B241-ECD6AE29906F.jpeg (708.16 KiB) Viewed 434 times
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone

Greece

Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:09 pm
Itsyou18 wrote:
This is a first for me.

It's the high rating of the players above him, I have run a race a while ago and came 4th out of 7 or 8 and gained 4 points, cause of the same reason, the players above me had 300+ more rating than me and the racers below me had a high enough rating.
I've also run a race that 4th place gave me the "=" sign.
After all these years of playing I still don't exactly understand their rating calculation (who does? :-D ), but GL and transparency are two terms on a constant fight!
no avatar

Itsyou18

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:00 pm
Your absolutely right. I just had a lapse of concentration. Today I had one racer capitalising on my NS only car but when I switched on a 5 min TK and beat him twice he disappeared. 😝