Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!

LM C

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Gauntlet Mode

Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:14 pm
Can you challenge the same player over and over again in Gauntlet? 
It seems I lost to the same person twice in less than 6 minutes. 

Really do not understand the rules here. I view this Junklet challenges like the Forum challenge that Nauticus runs on weekly except with mega boosting. 
i find the Forum challenges much more fun and relaxing.
Attachments
2020-11-22 (1).png
2020-11-22 (1).png (351.45 KiB) Viewed 186 times
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone

Greece

Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:48 pm
LM C, yes you can refresh to find the same racer and play against him/her especially if it was an easy win.
It really does not matter though, set a good time on your track (use 5' boosters that'll give you 2-3 attempts) then play all five tickets per day and get the rewards.
You'll probably end up <500 psn and get the rewards at the end of the season.
At least that's what I (and several others here) do! 👍

DriverFunk

Apple TV (iOS)

Bulgaria

Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:12 pm
^^^
Yes, but when you Win/Lose by a certain player, you go Up/Down and the players you can choose from (2x5) are completely different. Unless, at that very moment, "that" player has Won/Lost, and he/she has the same result as you in the leaderboard (or very close), and you meet again, and again. Which is not impossible, but... for a time distance of 6 minutes is a bit strange  :)
Racing Name: DriverFunk™

A8sully@gmail.com

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:23 pm
How is it possible for much lower ranked cars to excel on the leader boards?

Steve O
Attachments
Screenshot_20201121-211904_Asphalt 8.jpg
Screenshot_20201121-211904_Asphalt 8.jpg (1.55 MiB) Viewed 173 times

DriverFunk

Apple TV (iOS)

Bulgaria

Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:01 pm
For me personaly, this is still not clear:

The League is automatically determined by the player's "Best Cars", right, and the player cannot change it? 

In other words:
— If you have a car rank -6000, you are automatically in Amateur league 
— 6001-7000 your are automatically in Challenger
— 7001-8000 Pro
— 8001-9000 Champion
— 9001+  Elite

Why/How players with a car rank eg 8500 are in the Elite League?

For comparison, in Multiplayer it is perfectly clear — When you have a rating e.g. 1700 points you are neither in the Champions League nor in the Elite League. You are in the Pro League.That's it.

Yes in Gauntlet the factor is "car rank", in MP is "players's rating", but nevermind, it is the same — in both it is a question of separate segments/leagues from the whole leaderboard (all leagues): "From — To".

Again, why 8500 are in the Elite League (9001+)? 
:)
Racing Name: DriverFunk™

A8sully@gmail.com

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:08 pm
I'm almost sure someone here on the forum knows the answer.
Attachments
Screenshot_20201121-211749_Asphalt 8.jpg
Screenshot_20201121-211749_Asphalt 8.jpg (1.55 MiB) Viewed 164 times

LM C

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:29 pm
nks71 wrote:
LM C, yes you can refresh to find the same racer and play against him/her especially if it was an easy win.
It really does not matter though, set a good time on your track (use 5' boosters that'll give you 2-3 attempts) then play all five tickets per day and get the rewards.

Will take the advise in the next season. It is such a pain that you have to play Junklet for the daily tasks. Doing MP was a chore, but this is a boost waster.
no avatar

nks71

Veteran

Windows Phone

Greece

Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:49 pm
LM C wrote:
nks71 wrote:

Will take the advise in the next season. It is such a pain that you have to play Junklet for the daily tasks. Doing MP was a chore, but this is a boost waster.

I don't see any particular issue with playing Gauntlet for a daily task, when you challenge someone you don't have to win, just check the tracks of the opponents and use the most suitable one for your task.
Even if you lose the race you'll get both the daily task and the rewards for challenging someone.
@DriverFunk
It's true that it's not so common to find the same racer, especially after a win, but it's not so rare it happened to me as well, someone challenged me twice and won within minutes.
Probably got the 15 points from me, lost the next race that brought him back to my rating and found me again.
It can easily happen since the person you challenge is usually idle at the time.
Besides the above, this new mode needs fixing but I'm sure GL will take good care by keeping it the same and start charging game currency for tickets plus whatever else they can come up with. :-D

Kadri

Google Play (Android)

Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:21 am
In determining which League you belong to, GL takes top 5 cars in the garage as reference, not the cars you are actually using to set the time record. Therefore as long as you own 5 top cars with a combined rank of over 9000, you are in Elite League.

Now, some players use a Dodge Dart as the 5th car to keep their car ranks in the low 8000s. They do so to bait you into challenging them. In short tracks, the 5th car is not needed so despite their low ranks, they don't need to sacrifice anything time wise.

If I ever get a short track like London Eye, I will put the Dart and R8 Etron as my last two cars as they will not be needed. Then my rank will be in the low 7000s and everyone will be challenging me and most will lose.
Go Raptors!

We The North!

Neilson

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:46 am
Kadri wrote:
In determining which League you belong to, GL takes top 5 cars in the garage as reference, not the cars you are actually using to set the time record. Therefore as long as you own 5 top cars with a combined rank of over 9000, you are in Elite League.

Now, some players use a Dodge Dart as the 5th car to keep their car ranks in the low 8000s. They do so to bait you into challenging them. In short tracks, the 5th car is not needed so despite their low ranks, they don't need to sacrifice anything time wise.

If I ever get a short track like London Eye, I will put the Dart and R8 Etron as my last two cars as they will not be needed. Then my rank will be in the low 7000s and everyone will be challenging me and most will lose.

@ Kadri.   Did they fix grey loading Spinnies yet ?  Or Are you still have issues ?  I havnt played 1 junklet race in 2 weeks  this season ends in about 15 minutes I havnt chased any 👻  Or thrown down the junklet
Attachments
Screenshot_20201122-153739.png
Screenshot_20201122-153739.png (1.44 MiB) Viewed 145 times
Screenshot_20201122-153415.png
Screenshot_20201122-153415.png (1 MiB) Viewed 144 times
Screenshot_20201122-153422.png
Screenshot_20201122-153422.png (1.47 MiB) Viewed 145 times