Speak about anything related to Asphalt 8!
no avatar

8Bàll

Google Play (Android)

Re: Gauntlet Mode

Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:44 am
Attachments
Screenshot_20210224-101521_Asphalt 8.jpg
Screenshot_20210224-101521_Asphalt 8.jpg (657.25 KiB) Viewed 619 times
no avatar

woopsynutts

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:06 am
eh eh eh... 30 VS 60 fps
@bruhsonbro : "GLitchloft programmers are F,n mooks.  I literally mean f them mooks"

Nautilus137

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:55 am
no, it is iOS vs Android or iOS vs Windows
no avatar

RostandR

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:03 pm
LT43 wrote:
I somehow was able to make it into the 50-100 group in Gauntlet EL for the 3rd or 4th season in a row. I'm not sure how. Every season is a nail-biter and I never have any confidence how I will place. Does anyone find it easy?

It's my favorite mode. But it's not easy. I almost always end top 50 but some races can be very frustrating. Yesterday I had 3 wins and 2 losses by 0:00:0xx. But a good home lap keeps me in top 10 so far. Too many bad days left  :)
no avatar

Jpc

Apple (iOS)

Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:43 am
I really wish they'd fix whatever they've done with the X2 in this mode. I know it is prone to random turns into the wall but there is a long list of new things in Gauntlet. This season, it randomly bounces into the air from a flat road, costing me a win. That's happened a few times on different coarses. 
Today was a whole new experience. In Nevada, going off the first jump ( ended road after first series of turns) the X2 just turned upside down with the front end turning down and then crashing. Meanwhile the X2 I challenged went off the jump in the same spot without a problem.

LT43

Windows PC

Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:10 am
Jpc wrote:
I really wish they'd fix whatever they've done with the X2 in this mode. I know it is prone to random turns into the wall but there is a long list of new things in Gauntlet. This season, it randomly bounces into the air from a flat road, costing me a win. That's happened a few times on different coarses. 
Today was a whole new experience. In Nevada, going off the first jump ( ended road after first series of turns) the X2 just turned upside down with the front end turning down and then crashing. Meanwhile the X2 I challenged went off the jump in the same spot without a problem.

As far as I'm concerned, the X2 handling is worse now than before the recent non-fix. It doesn't steer as sharply but is still prone to devastating skids, so it is less useful overall.  Use it for your home track if it makes sense because you can quit and rerun the (initial) race without losing any tickets, and eventually you'll get a good run.  In Challenge races there are only about 6 tracks where I am willing to use the X2 and only for specific sections. Otherwise it is best to steer clear.
ALERT: This forum is closing soon.  The new A8 independent forum is here: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net
Go sign up now!!
no avatar

RostandR

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:04 am
At least this mode still provides some excitement. 1 point away of top 10 with 1 bullet left  :P  
Challenge meeeee pls and don't quit  ;D
Attachments
D459AAB2-9E9F-434B-B117-8C77C217FC97.jpeg
Last bullet 1 point away
D459AAB2-9E9F-434B-B117-8C77C217FC97.jpeg (252.22 KiB) Viewed 451 times

LT43

Windows PC

Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:36 am
Nicely done @RostandR!  As usual, I'm wallowing down around 55 with hopes I can hang on to that.
ALERT: This forum is closing soon.  The new A8 independent forum is here: https://asphalt8.freeforums.net
Go sign up now!!
no avatar

RostandR

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:13 am
Haven't used my last bullet yet 😬

19h left. It's a waiting game when you only rely on others failing to beat you. Wish I had more skill 😅
Attachments
33BE2994-7A4E-4822-8B69-7CBB99EF813D.jpeg
33BE2994-7A4E-4822-8B69-7CBB99EF813D.jpeg (116.59 KiB) Viewed 436 times
no avatar

iguanaland

Windows PC

Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:47 am
Hi, wrote:
We would like to thank you all for spotting different issues with the newly added Gauntlet mode.

Here are a few things that will happen today.

Current Gauntlet season will end today, in a few hours to be exact, in order for the proper fixes to be deployed for the next season.
Once validation period is over, the next short season will start shortly after the current one.
Everyone will be gifted with 25x Golden Gauntlet Tickets that you can use to take advantage in the new season to come.

Reminder: ALL THE TICKETS WILL RESET WITH THE BEGINNING OF THE NEXT SEASON SO IT IS BETTER TO SPEND THEM ALL DURING THIS WEEKEND

====

(added from viewtopic.php?f=1505&t=708046&start=80#p4068566)

Let me give you a bit of clarification in regards to gauntlet mode.

- Player has to own 5 cars to enter the Gauntlet.
-To participate in qualification race (QR), player has to choose a deck of any 5 cars he owns. Different cars could be selected each time Player wants to improve his time.
-Player has a one free attempt to set the time on his home track. After that, each next race to improve the result requires a ticket.
-The race is a tag-racing with selected cars. Player's best Ghost on the home track should be saved until season ends.

Leagues Distribution
In each season player is assigned to the specific league based on his best cars rank.
League can't be changed until the next season.

League brackets

Garage score (GS) = best team score, sum of players top 5 cars ranks.

Rank from Tuning Kit doesn't count.

League 1: 9000 < GS

League 2: 8000 < GS ≤ 9000

League 3: 7000 < GS ≤ 8000

League 4: 6000< GS ≤ 7000

League 5: GS ≤ 6000

Challenge (active gameplay)

Challenging an opponent, player tries to beat the ghost set by the opponent on his home track during QR. Beating the ghost adds rank. If player lost to the ghost - rank decreases.

When challenging, the player receives a selective set of opponents with a similar rating (up to 5 opponents, the set should include players with both lower and higher rating, but approximately within the player's own performance indicators) and a home track different from his own (player cannot attack opponents with the similar home track).

To challenge someone player have to choose one of the opponents from the set.

If player doesn't like the set for some reason, he can reroll it to receive more suitable opponents. Reroll is a free option with a cooldown.

Each race is paid with a ticket (both successful or not)

Each challenge race grants standard credit rewards for Medals
Player will also get a daily challenge reward for several challenges (both successful or not)
Any race in which the player hasn't reached race result screen (left) is counted as a loss and takes the corresponding number of rating points away
When an opponent is selected player should beat the ghost set by the opponent on his home track.

Defense (passive gameplay)

"Defense" - someone tries to beat your ghost.

Defensing player gets rating if someone has lost to his ghost, and loses rating if someone has beaten player's time.

To "protect" himself from attacks player can improve the time set on his home track during the season (with a cost of the Ticket) by replaying QR.

Player can take the same set of cars that he used in QR, or another one

Each defense race costs a ticket.

Player's rating doesn't change with QR races

If player didn't beat his time, the best ghost remains.

Revenge

If player was challenged and defeated, he has the possibility to punish the attacker in response.

By pressing the "Revenge" button in the history of challenges player goes to the attacker's home track and tries to beat the last recorded ghost the attacker had set

Revenge could be performed only once, regardless of its outcome

After the player has avenged the attacker, he cannot be avenged with the same attacker in return.
Rating points should be added or subtracted according to the standard scheme.

Tickets

Each race in Gauntlet except the first one is paid with a special Ticket.

The number of tickets is limited per day.

After the player runs out of Tickets, he can:

Win Bonus Tickets in another events as a reward;
Wait for the Tickets refill.
If player leaves the race, the spent ticket will not be returned.

Tickets refill

The total number of free tickets refills every day.

Player can also win bonus tickets as items in different activities.

There is a timer that shows the time until the next tickets refill.

Bonus tickets

Player can get Bonus Tickets in other ingame activities.

Bonus tickets will be shown in the Gauntlet only, and have to be reset when new season starts. Bonus Tickets are shown as separate counter from free tickets.

During the Gauntlet season, player will use regular tickets first, and bonus tickets afterwards if they want

Bonus tickets (Golden Gauntlet Tickets) could set as reward in:
Milestone Ads Lottery (milestone reward)
Bundles in the shop
Festival reward
TLE reward
Multiplayer reward